SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   What kind of subsim skipper are you? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111236)

Platapus 04-09-07 11:20 AM

Hardcore

I am the SIM as in simple minded I guess :88)

Although in reality I am only Hardcore lite as I play with only 80% reality :huh:

peewee 04-09-07 11:24 AM

I havent done the test........I'm too scared...lol, but to give you an idea of what kind of skipper I am.......this happened just now...

got a radar report of a contact south of my position......changed course, went to 512 compression cos I have to leave for work in 20 minutes AND COLLIDED WITH THE FRICKEN FREIGHTER AND SANK............jeez,,

maybe I should take up quilting......

USS_shipmaster 04-09-07 11:29 AM

"HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism."
I prefer 75-85 realism actually.... But its true i m fan of sub games since sh1 and AOD were released!

hmatthias 04-09-07 11:30 AM

I'm a crappy subsim skipper...:D

Ducimus 04-09-07 11:31 AM

It says im "hardcore". LOL.

micky1up 04-09-07 11:32 AM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

it couldnt be anything else im a born submariner

Thaine 04-09-07 11:34 AM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER ...

..I am. :up:

Gildor 04-09-07 11:36 AM

HARDCORE

John Channing 04-09-07 11:40 AM

I refuse to tell you my results, other than to say the analysis was surprisingly accurate (and I didn't appreciate the accompanying graphic!).

JCC

fredbass 04-09-07 11:43 AM

Casual

Lio 04-09-07 11:47 AM

I got this :D

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".

I think that aint far from the truth he he. But i do admit i like my WW2 sub sim also.
Having to admit thought that atm i dont own any nuclear subsim :nope: steam here i come :rock:

nikimcbee 04-09-07 11:53 AM

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :cool: :lol: :|\\ :arrgh!:

JackAubrey 04-09-07 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livewire68
"HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER ...You are the "sim" in Subsim."

Now if I can just my wife to let me go out on patrol more often!!

Same for me....:D

Safe-Keeper 04-09-07 11:57 AM

Hardcore:smug:.

cdragon 04-09-07 11:59 AM

Hardcore subsim skipper here.