SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Frozen AOB/Range/Speed dial (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=256681)

ESPY 02-19-24 09:45 PM

Frozen AOB/Range/Speed dial

Hi all,

Recently returned to SH4 after a long hiatus and I’m experiencing an issue I couldn’t find mentioned in my searches. Hoping someone can help.

I’m running it as I had it modded a few years ago with TMO 2.5 + RSRD 502 + RSRD Patch + OTC 1.5 + Improved Ship Physics 2.6 + OTC ISP Crew mod + Improved Stock Environment v3.

Everything seemed fine the first couple times I played, but then I reached a point where I could no longer adjust the AOB/Range/Speed dial with the mouse. All other mouse functions seem fine. Exiting and coming back in doesn’t help. Even the Submarine School lessons are affected.

Earlier today I backed out the mods all the way to TMO, ran it and had control again. Then I added each mod back in one at a time, testing after each change. Each time it worked and I eventually got back to it working with all my mods enabled. But now it’s happened again and I’m stumped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
ESPY

razark 02-20-24 12:09 AM

Are you sure you've got manual targeting on instead of auto targeting?

ESPY 02-20-24 10:18 AM

Yep, manual targeting, 100% realism. And was working fine until it wasn’t lol. Am hoping to avoid a fresh reinstall but might have no choice.

Thanks,
ESPY

ESPY 02-20-24 10:25 AM

Will add this too…

I’ve been getting this ‘Admin has blocked CmdLineExtInstallerExe.exe from running’ message when I start, but when I close that message, the game starts up fine.

My search on that suggested it may be a DRM issue and I tried a couple changes to eliminate that but never found a fix. Not sure if that could somehow be affecting anything.

ESPY

KaleunMarco 02-20-24 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPY (Post 2903254)
Yep, manual targeting, 100% realism. And was working fine until it wasn’t lol. Am hoping to avoid a fresh reinstall but might have no choice.

Thanks,
ESPY

before you perform a re-install, try deleting your Save folders and run SH4 again. you will need to re-apply your Gameplay, Audio, and Visual options within the Career interface, but that is minor compared to a re-install.

also,have you enabled Large Address Aware (LAA)? it is in the MODS forum and highly recommended to reduce game-play-CTDs.

lastly, when you post a problem here, use JSGME: Tasks-Export List to_Clipboard and then paste here (Ctrl+v).

https://i.ibb.co/0ZvW6q8/Picture-001.png

:Kaleun_Salute:

ESPY 02-20-24 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2903261)
before you perform a re-install, try deleting your Save folders and run SH4 again. you will need to re-apply your Gameplay, Audio, and Visual options within the Career interface, but that is minor compared to a re-install.

Ok, will do, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:

also,have you enabled Large Address Aware (LAA)? it is in the MODS forum and highly recommended to reduce game-play-CTDs.

Nope, I just learned about LAA while I was researching and have it on my list of next steps!

Quote:

lastly, when you post a problem here, use JSGME: Tasks-Export List to_Clipboard and then paste here (Ctrl+v).

Ok, will do! Been using the ipad to view the forum, not my PC.

ESPY

ESPY 02-20-24 03:38 PM

Quote:

before you perform a re-install, try deleting your Save folders and run SH4 again.

One follow up Q: It appears my saves are in Documents\SH4\data\cfg with several folders and files in that cfg folder…how much do I delete?

Thanks,
ESPY

KaleunMarco 02-20-24 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPY (Post 2903309)
One follow up Q: It appears my saves are in Documents\SH4\data\cfg with several folders and files in that cfg folder…how much do I delete?

Thanks,
ESPY

good question!
it depends on whether you want to keep your current career or not.
if you are going to re-start your career, delete at the \cfg level.
if you are trying to continue your career, delete everything under \cfg except RichSavedGames and SaveGames folders. SH4 will rebuild those folders/files when you cleanup your config and re-launch SH4.

ESPY 02-22-24 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2903314)
good question!
it depends on whether you want to keep your current career or not.
if you are going to re-start your career, delete at the \cfg level.
if you are trying to continue your career, delete everything under \cfg except RichSavedGames and SaveGames folders. SH4 will rebuild those folders/files when you cleanup your config and re-launch SH4.

So far so good on my new campaign! I deleted the saves, which alone did not fix the issue, but after I backed out all mods and reapplied them, I also did the LAA and have come back to it a couple times now without issue.

Thanks!
ESPY

Aktungbby 03-09-24 11:29 AM

Welcome back!

ESPY!:Kaleun_Salute:...back on the surface after 17 year's 'silent running'!!?:yeah: