SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   AI Difficulty in SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201908)

yackwack 02-04-13 01:45 AM

AI Difficulty in SH5

Does anyone know how to increase the difficulty of the AI in SH5, or if there is a mod available to increase their difficulty, because at the moment enemy warships and aircraft seem to be really really stupid.

For example: I was playing the Mare Nostrum campaign, and during an engagement got attacked by a corvette. Just for kicks I decided to sit there, 40m under water, and take it. The corvette, who was pinging me with ASDIC, then proceeded to chug towards me at 3 knots and drop a stick of depth charges which all missed, even though they had straddled me.

There's no challenge when the AI is this dumb, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Targor Avelany 02-04-13 02:02 AM

get IRAI, a mod that completely re-makes the AI in the game.

Don't think you'll complain on stupid AI after that :P

Fifi 02-04-13 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2003963)
Don't think you'll complain on stupid AI after that :P

Haha...for sure!
Maybe the inverse :woot:

yackwack 02-05-13 11:47 PM

Thanks Targor,

I downloaded and enabled IRAI, then tested it by driving into the middle of a cruiser battlegroup and making lots of noise. The AI are certainly more aggressive now, and I took damage, though the warships are still pretty inaccurate with their depthcharges.
It's funny, because some of them began to shoot at each other. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks again Targor

Fifi 02-06-13 12:51 AM

Sometime they are too many, and dropping with edgedogs damage themselves :D

limkol 02-06-13 03:05 AM

They also get better (more dangerous) the more the war goes on. Just as they did in reality.

Targor Avelany 02-06-13 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yackwack (Post 2004856)
Thanks Targor,

I downloaded and enabled IRAI, then tested it by driving into the middle of a cruiser battlegroup and making lots of noise. The AI are certainly more aggressive now, and I took damage, though the warships are still pretty inaccurate with their depthcharges.
It's funny, because some of them began to shoot at each other. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks again Targor

that is interesting... If that happens again, I would appreciate if you could take some screenshots and post them in IRAI thread for TDW to follow up.

Cheers

Fifi 02-06-13 03:27 PM

Targor, each time i play FX Update test mission, the 2 destroyers are killing/damaging themselves soon or later!

Easy to reproduce! :yep:

Targor Avelany 02-06-13 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2005225)
Targor, each time i play FX Update test mission, the 2 destroyers are killing/damaging themselves soon or later!

Easy to reproduce! :yep:

are they for the same nation? Or are they for different nations (ie 1 is brit and 1 is german)? If it is a last case it is intentional, as the FX Update is being tested by that. To test IRAI you probably want to create a single mission for yourself with as many dest as you want :P

Fifi 02-06-13 04:03 PM

In FX update test mission, both are British, starting close to each other. One in front of you, other in your 3 o'clock.
They don't fire or damage themselves with guns. Only with depth charges!

Targor Avelany 02-06-13 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2005244)
In FX update test mission, both are British, starting close to each other. One in front of you, other in your 3 o'clock.
They don't fire or damage themselves with guns. Only with depth charges!

they manage to damage each other with dc's????? wow... :har:

Fifi 02-06-13 05:09 PM

:haha: Yeah!
Not EACH time, but very often!...you should try it, it's fun to watch :ping: