SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter Online (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   A new SHO film - engaging a convoy (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199030)

PL_Andrev 10-09-12 11:59 AM

A new SHO film - engaging a convoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnT8c3SM_o

No comments...
:doh:

Diopos 10-09-12 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antar (Post 1945923)

This a comment from the youtube link:

Quote:

I get that theyr trying***65279; to be accurate, but it should not take that long to shoot stuff in a game.
Sideshow Bob
No comments...
:doh:

PL_Andrev 10-09-12 12:23 PM

Ok, find it at your browser / youtube search machine by full title:

Silent Hunter Online - COMM DEV Video #1 - Engaging a Convoy [UK]

Dowly 10-09-12 12:57 PM

I'm starting to be quite optimistic after seeing some of the actual gameplay. :yep:

Especially like how it takes time for the WO to calculate the solution. :up:

Herr-Berbunch 10-09-12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antar (Post 1945930)
Ok, find it at your browser / youtube search machine by full title:

Silent Hunter Online - COMM DEV Video #1 - Engaging a Convoy [UK]

COMM for Comedy? :hmmm:

CCIP 10-09-12 05:52 PM

Actually looks pretty reasonable to me so far :hmmm:

Let's see what more they have to show. So far this is not bad at all. The basics of what makes an SH game are there, and the sub-switching mechanic is something I already like.

Sailor Steve 10-09-12 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1946017)
Actually looks pretty reasonable to me so far :hmmm:

While I've said that online play of this type is not for me, I have to agree. For what it is it looks okay. So far.

Quote:

the sub-switching mechanic is something I already like.
I don't, but nobody says I would have to use it. I like seeing the Type II. :sunny:

Sonarman 10-09-12 06:34 PM

I see a little ladder icon with an up arrow on the right hand side of the screen I wonder if this leads to a conning tower or perhaps UZO view?

Hinrich Schwab 10-09-12 09:35 PM

I have to admit that it doesn't look that bad. It may have potential, but the ability to simply swap between subs is a bit too arcade for my taste. It was one thing in Destroyer Command where a squadron commodore could conceivably board a gig and physically transfer his flag, but not in this case.

Sonarman 10-10-12 03:28 AM

Yes, in many ways it reminds me more of the old Novalogic game "Wolfpack" than Silent Hunter, although in those days they actually managed to incorporate playable destroyers as well as subs.

Subnuts 10-10-12 07:06 AM

It just looks so...bland. I was getting vibes of the original Silent Hunter from this video. Don't get me wrong, SH has held up pretty well for a 16 year old subsim, but so far, SHO doesn't really strike me as several generations more advanced that it. :-?

JU_88 10-10-12 07:08 AM

Tell you where this game might be useful (for me), Lunchtimes at work, or on holidays stuck with a low spec netbook or tablet. That would be when I'd be most likley to give it a whirl anyway. :)

AVGWarhawk 10-10-12 09:13 AM

I like the interface. I'm not sure the pace of the online game consisting of submarines will retain someones attention for long. Games such as CoD, WWoT and IL2 with click, click, bang, bang are action packed. These seem more engaging for online play. The pace for this sim online might be a bit slow for some tastes.

badaboom 10-10-12 03:25 PM

It looks better than Silent Hunter for iPad,Now That was a Joke!!!:/\\!!

Safe-Keeper 10-10-12 05:38 PM

Quote:

I get that theyr trying to be accurate, but it should not take that long to shoot stuff in a game.
Agreed, no action for several seconds?! Blasphemy! I want a game that will,..,, ooooh, shiny! :runs off:

:nope: