SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

Jimbuna 10-31-09 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattinkent (Post 1196047)
Thank you and your team for the hundreds of hours of enjoyment you've given us.

I'm still playing the GWX version of SH3 all these years later, with SH4 & the Uboat expansion gathering dust on the shelf.

If it's a measure of the esteem with which you are held, any joy that the official news of SH5 brought me has been lost by the news that you guys won't be there to work your magic on it in due course.

Your dedication and professionalism has been an inspiration. You are proof that all you do really need, is a few good men.

xx

People such as yourself and the words of praise above are a constant reminder to the team that the eventual mod outcome was well worth the effort...

Welcome aboard mate http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...es/welcome.gif

Tarnish 11-07-09 04:40 AM

I've been away from Silent Hunter and games in general due to the aforementioned real life. I played early releases of the GWX mod and was impressed then. I've just re-installed SH3 and SH4 after updating to Windows 7 and I decided to check out the state of affairs mods wise for these two titles. When I came back onto the subsim forums (new user name, couldn't recall my old details!) I was again impressed at the solid community that exists around these sims, with mods such as GWX and RFB at the heart of things.

It is sad that the GWX dev team has had to call it a day but we all understand. The fact of the matter is that GWX is not dead, the mod will continue to be played and enjoyed for a long time to come and I for one am looking forward to installing version 3 and getting stuck in after a long time away.

Thanks for all your past efforts in creating a mod of such quality and all the best to each of you in whatever you get up to in the future.

:)

Kpt. Lehmann 11-08-09 12:42 PM

Cheers, Tarnish.

Welcome back to Subsim.:salute:

Task Force 11-08-09 04:01 PM

Im sure its been stated in this thread... but does GWX plan on possiabley comeing back to work on sh5 after release, and patching?

Kpt. Lehmann 11-08-09 04:57 PM

I'm betting that you'll find the answers you seek if you read the first post again.

Jimbuna 11-09-09 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1200930)
I'm betting that you'll find the answers you seek if you read the first post again.

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...lies/read2.gif

Torp III 11-09-09 06:05 PM

Thank You

Just isn't enough to express the fun, learning, following you guys and gal through the years of building this MOD from the ground up. :salute:
The GWX team past & present have taken a GAME and CREATED a SIMULATION that will go on I'm sure for years to come. :rock:

A Great Job Well Done!!!!

Thank You GWX Team. You do deserve a rest.

Task Force 11-09-09 06:16 PM

oah... well maby someone will start a new mod for SHV...

Nippelspanner 11-10-09 05:08 PM

Thank you for your hard work and endurance Kpt.!

I am very proud that I have once served with you and the others and can call my self a Grey Wolf.

To me you are an exceptional person and leader!

Kpt. Lehmann 11-11-09 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 1201795)
Thank you for your hard work and endurance Kpt.!

I am very proud that I have once served with you and the others and can call my self a Grey Wolf.

To me you are an exceptional person and leader!

I should be thanking you, old friend. You were with us during the first and hardest year. Much of your original soundwork remains unchanged in GWX for SH3 to this day.

Thank you for all the hard work you did for us... and though it may seem a small point of gratitude, please feel free to wear the GW/GWX dev sig anytime you wish if you choose to.

On a personal note, I hope your life as a Paramedic in Germany is treating you well. Stay safe out there... and do all you can to keep a sense of humor about the insanity of it all. :arrgh!:

Nippelspanner 11-11-09 10:03 AM

Life is running well.
Thank you very much Todd!:salute:

ulysses 11-28-09 11:29 AM

thanks a lot

i like to say the only think that as to be said.....thank you for all you have done.....for all of us.....without your wonderful job our beautiful game....our immersion beneath the waves would be far less interesting and enjoyable.

thanks again and all the best....all the very best....

max

Philipp_Thomsen 11-28-09 12:28 PM

Well, it was a beautiful journey.

Uphill struggle, blood, sweat and tears, but was worth every second of it, I bet.

SH3 + GWX 3.0 will remain a legend for years and years to come.

I have never spent so many hours and days and months and years over a single game, and this is mainly because what GWX team have done for me and all of us.

You guys are legends already, and either if you choose to remain like this or to come back to SH5, I lift my glass!

Cheers!

:up:

Apollo 12-11-09 04:45 PM

Well Done is the only thing I can say to you Guys On behalf of the crew of U-96(Randomly given to me by the mod) We Salute you.:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

I have enjoyed this game far more due to the hard work you guys put in so thank you and once again.......WELL DONE.

May the sea's be calm and may you sail them with good friends

K3pl3r 12-13-09 12:18 PM

Thank You

I want to thank you for the work to change a game into a fantastic sim.

Well done from Munich!!!

vedrand 12-13-09 05:11 PM

Thank you very much for all the great time I had and all the terror I went trough in my DiD campaigns without external views.

THANK YOU! :salute:

looney 12-14-09 08:23 AM

Sorry for this way to late message.

I have spent countless hours playing SH3, and the only reason I stopped was the fact that Sh3 isn't widescreen friendly. I'm now playong OP MONSUN (wich I enjoy greatly).
Everytime I play it reminds me of how good GWX was.

To the guys of GWX and OP MONSUN Tnx for your effort. I'm enjoying or have enjoyed your work greatly.

Kpt. Lehmann 12-14-09 05:53 PM

< ...and to those nasties out there voting GWX threads down... yer just jealous LawL!!! :smug: >

To those that have taken the time to wish us well, thank you for your kind thoughts, gentlemen. I honestly thought that this particular thread would have sunk beneath the waves a lonnnng time ago.

I'm glad that we were able to add a bit of enjoyment to your lives. Thank you for taking a moment to say so.
:up::up::up:

msalama 12-18-09 05:37 PM

Quote:

...and to those nasties out there voting GWX threads down... yer just jealous LawL!!! :smug:
GWX is incredible, as are RFB, OM, NYGM and TM. So why not bury that particular war-axe and enjoy all these great supermods we have for what's basically a very mediocre game in its original form?

For my part, I'm just thanking the GWX crew for offering me one of the most intensive gaming experiences I've ever had. Pity that it had to stop, but hey, life goes on...

Falkirion 12-24-09 10:25 AM

I might be late to the GWX mod but I can safely say after playing SH3 stock just for a couple of patrols that you guys improved dramatically on the original game. We are all lucky to have the results of your dedication and hard work to keep us interested until SH5's release and beyond.

KL, Jim, I hope you and the rest of the GWX team have a great christmas and a safe new year.

Now I'm going back to the Atlantic. There's a convoy in the AM grids that needs U-47s attention.