SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Hydrophones workaround... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193199)

Rubini 03-14-12 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett25 (Post 1854906)
hi rubini, can confirm similar resuts. At 30-40meters depth hydrophones work well w with decreasing effectiveness as your reach periscope depth. Also, when listening at sonar station nothing is heard, then sounds start getting oucked up as depth increases. Im not sure if a bug, but contacts seem to show on the nav map regardless of depth chages. I have to test this further:salute:

@Borgneface, brett
Thanks by the feedback mates!

@brett25: the persistent contact in nav map is a default sh3 behaviour, this is by a setting on sensors.cfg, I don't recall now the correct name, but its the last one on Hydrophone section and is setted, IIRC, to 150. Try using something like 5 and your hydro contact will draw of few seconds after you lose contact.

LGN1 03-14-12 02:58 PM

Hi Rubini,

thanks for your explanation :up: The basic idea of this mod offers many new possibilities. First, I'm thinking about adding a new short range sector to the KDB in my private setup (around the stern). It annoys me that the KDB does not work around 180° when I'm slow and deep (when being hunted). I don't think the hydrophone operator would loose a close contact in this sector when the boat is deep and silent-running.

Second, if I'm not wrong, this allows to model Allied hydrophone and ASDIC sensors in much higher detail (e.g., high sensitivity for short ranges, short range sensors with high angles, long range sensors with small angles,...)

Thanks again for sharing the mod, Rubini :yeah:

Regards, LGN1

Leitender 03-14-12 03:14 PM

Quote:

the persistent contact in nav map is a default sh3 behaviour, this is by a setting on sensors.cfg, I don't recall now the correct name, but its the last one on Hydrophone section and is setted, IIRC, to 150.
Great! A small explanation for a master but a big step for a player. Finally i got the meaning of this line:

Quote:

Hydrophone decay time=150 ;[>0] already tracking bonus decay, in seconds
and i understand why my hydrophone man could follow a target directly ahead of my boat although it should be within the deaf zone. Why did the devs put in this decay time?

brett25 03-14-12 04:55 PM

Quote:

this allows to model Allied hydrophone and ASDIC sensors in much higher detail

LGN1, this is an excellent idea:yeah:

Rubini 03-14-12 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett25 (Post 1855226)
LGN1, this is an excellent idea:yeah:

Exactly! Yes, this mod shows that multiple sensorsdata can be given to probably any sensors on Sh3, allowing for new and more deep serious play.
Waiting for new mods, LGN1!:up:
(I´m so much envolved with Sh5 for now)

Sepp von Ch. 03-14-12 06:06 PM

Hello, I have GWX and in my mod soup will this mod overwrite Sensors.dat in FM30 upd_down final mod and Aces Multimod Compatibility fix release 1.3.

Should I overwrite these mods?

Rubini 03-14-12 06:22 PM

A side note:

h.sie just noticed that I made a mistake with the first SensorsData for both BalkonGerat bearing values (because when making the mod I Copy&Paste datas from GHG and forget to adjust the bearings:damn:). So here a correct bearing values for each hydro type to avoid confusion (values not only for realistic side but also for playabiliy):

Balkon Gerat:
0/170 190/360

KDB:
0/160 200/360

GHG
10/150 210/350

I will reupload the mod with the correction explained above in few minutes.
So, or correct it by yourself or download the mod again. Sorry!:D

Rubini 03-14-12 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz (Post 1855251)
Hello, I have GWX and in my mod soup will this mod overwrite Sensors.dat in FM30 upd_down final mod and Aces Multimod Compatibility fix release 1.3.

Should I overwrite these mods?

No. If you overwrite you will loose something. Try to adjust your own sensors.dat in use. I provide an easy step to step on how to do this on the readme of the mod and also on the first post.

Sepp von Ch. 03-14-12 06:39 PM

OK. Thanks Rubini.

fitzcarraldo 03-14-12 06:41 PM

Dear Rubini: Your modified sensors.dat: Is the vanilla sensors or GWX? And if it is GWX: 8 k or 16 k?

I will make the modifications in the sensors.dat of my MEPv3 installation for GWX.

Many thanks and regards!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Rubini 03-14-12 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 1855279)
Dear Rubini: Your modified sensors.dat: Is the vanilla sensors or GWX? And if it is GWX: 8 k or 16 k?

I will make the modifications in the sensors.dat of my MEPv3 installation for GWX.

Many thanks and regards!

Humm...good question! Was Makman that provide me the GWX file...but I´m almost sure that it is the 16km...we must ask him...:hmmm:

But if you have any other mod that already modifies your sensors.dat i suggest that you use your actual one, directions on the first post

@ALL: just updated the mod with the corrected BalkonGerat bearings. Version 1.0a and 1.1a.

Leitender 03-14-12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Hi,
this sensor.dat is based on GWX-16km. Compare e.g. Metox range 22000m (stock 4000m) and visual sensor 16000m (stock 8000m).

fitzcarraldo 03-14-12 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini (Post 1855288)
Humm...good question! Was Makman that provide me the GWX file...but I´m almost sure that it is the 16km...we must ask him...:hmmm:

But if you have any other mod that already modifies your sensors.dat i suggest that you use your actual one, directions on the first post

@ALL: just updated the mod with the corected BalkonGerat bearings. Version 1.0a and 1.1a.

Many thanks, Rubini!

Regards.

Rubini 03-14-12 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leitender (Post 1855315)
Hi,
this sensor.dat is based on GWX-16km. Compare e.g. Metox range 22000m (stock 4000m) and visual sensor 16000m (stock 8000m).

Thanks again Leitender!

Leitender 03-15-12 02:27 AM

You´re welcome, Rubini :up: