SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Subsim Forum regulars' bios, pics, 'how you found Subsim' (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=87423)

STEED 03-11-06 11:23 AM

Tchocky, get your hair cut you hippy :P :-j

Tchocky 03-13-06 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED
Tchocky, get your hair cut you hippy :P :-j

Blargh! :P

Kapitan 03-13-06 10:01 AM

Could ou direct link that kinda doesnt work on the copy and paste.

Tchocky 03-13-06 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitain
Could ou direct link that kinda doesnt work on the copy and paste.

edited/edified

*points* :)

Sixpack 03-16-06 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED

Ambitions: I always wanted to break wind in front of the Queen

I can relate :rotfl:

Sixpack 03-16-06 10:36 AM

deleted

STEED 03-16-06 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixpack
Ambitions: I always wanted to break wind in front of the (English) Queen

That's now two of us :up:

Fish 03-17-06 06:30 PM

Name, Willem J. P
Born, 29-04-1940
Married 39 year, yeah...
Two boys and one daughter, two grand daughters.
Military background, Dutch Commando Troops, rest of my working live in the food industry.
Now, retired, two days a week volunteer in a museum, volunteer TO in a virtual fleet.
Hobbys, fishing and submarines.

scandium 03-20-06 05:44 PM

Name: scandium

Education: 4th year of 4 in BA program, Sociology major and concurrent Criminology certificate; didn't graduate due to illness and burnout in my last year. Still regretting that I haven't completed the degree despite sinking a small mortgage into it.

First computers: Commodore VIC/20 in '80-'81, 80286 PC later, etc.

All time favourite games: Silent Hunter 3, Pirates! (the original), Civ 1 & 3, Falcon 3.0, Jagged Alliance 1 & 2, KoTOR 1 & 2, Madden NFL 2005, Railroad Tycoon 1 & 2, Wolf 3D, Doom 1 & 2.

Favourite books (genres): fantasy fiction, military fiction (naval particularly), midieval fiction, historical nonfiction.

Favourite movies: Memento, The Matrix, American Psycho, Scarface, Falling Down, First Blood

Favourite music: Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Collective Soul, Lifehouse, other assorted "90s Alternative" stuff

lesrae 03-23-06 01:26 AM

Name: Les

Born: Edinburgh, Scotland

Education: HND Electrical & Electronics Engineering

Occupation: I've spent 15 years working with RN subs, first doing sonar installation/commissioning, then maintenance planning. Now support manager for a bunch of computer apps that are used onboard subs and ships.

Interests and hobbies: Reading, films, computers/computer games, submarines, history.

Dislikes: Supermarkets, racists, flying, banks.

Wants to: Win the lottery and spend the rest of my life relaxing and travelling with my wife. I'd also love to write a book.

Kapitan 04-02-06 10:15 AM

We have something in common supermarkets and flying not to mention raciests.

Pole 04-10-06 11:45 AM

Ok, my turn...

Name: Marcin

History: Born in Warsaw, Poland, on a frosty day in January '77 just a few days after Jimmy E. Carter was sworn as the next US CIC ;)

Family: nope, not yet at least

Occupation: scientific consultant for imaging sensors manufacturer, mainly CCDs and ICCDs

Interests and hobbies: naval warfare, reading (JRR Tolkien, IB Singer, A Oz and many many more :)), scuba diving, quantum computation, quantum cryptography, history, broadly defined natural sciences, my cat named Morus, briar pipe smoking, modern weapons, Island of Ireland, Monty Python,...

Ambitions: to be able to buy a house and move one day to some cold and windy place with plenty of forests and very few people around - Canada, north of Norway, possibly the Orkney or Faroe Islands (not to many forests though)

Purpose of this Post: you tell me :)

What is the point of life? "Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations. And, finally, here are some completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their ******** ar$e$ and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment? Bollocks. What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats. Where's the fun in pictures? Oh, well, there we are. Here's the theme music. Goodnight." :rock:

Ducimus 04-13-06 11:16 PM

I learned a long time ago to not post personal info on the net, so heres general stuff:

Location: The People's Republic of California :-j (J/K, but i am a born and raised californian)

Occupation: database management of sorts at an IT internet security corp (about as exciting as watching paint dry). Dilbert and the move officespace are like, stuff of legend to me now.

Misc: 5 years active duty, 2 years reserve. was a Red Horse combat engineer in the USAF. got out, did 3 years college, then went to work at aforementioned job.

Family:
Girlfriend of 5 years whom i havent prposed to yet (and need to get off my ass and do that already) has been domesticating me over time. :roll:
No " mini me's" running around anywhere yet.

CCIP 04-13-06 11:37 PM

Updated mine! :P

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopi...46234&start=12

Deamon 04-13-06 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Times
I had to quit hapkido fo time restraints

Forget hapkido try Systema!

Deamon