SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 01-20-10 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1241052)
Hi ZW,

found your mail in spam folder, thats why i didnt know what was e-mail for members.

Installed it as you wrote. Everything is working fine. Found some KV-85s too.

Its fubar and awesome.

Thanks a lot

LC:yeah:

That's fabulous LC! :up:

ZW

Luftace 01-20-10 10:04 PM

Yes, thank you for the Member's emails ZW, I too only now found them in my spam folder. Will report on the files you listed when my TvT copy arrives in another day or so. Thanx!

ZeeWolf 01-20-10 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luftace (Post 1241669)
Yes, thank you for the Member's emails ZW, I too only now found them in my spam folder. Will report on the files you listed when my TvT copy arrives in another day or so. Thanx!

Thanks for the heads-up Luftace. :up:
I want to make sure everyone learns to check their spam folder after making a donation to me.

ZeeWolf

RICH12ACE 01-22-10 12:50 PM

hi do you get a dvd/cd or download link if you pay $50. when the addons out

Chucky 01-22-10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICH12ACE (Post 1243356)
hi do you get a dvd/cd or download link if you pay $50. when the addons out

ZeeWolf will send you a link to the files plus information on how to access them.

Sung 01-26-10 05:42 AM

@ ZeeWolf

i follow this thread a while and i have bought TvT yeasterday. Your work is absolutely outstanding and make TvT to a really good and historical accurate sim. I hope that a publisher will take you under contract to make a TvT 2.0 Version with new Player Tanks.

Good luck further.

RICH12ACE 01-26-10 11:08 AM

this sim does not run to well on my pc :-? any tips to use in the ATI settings to make it run a bit better?

ZeeWolf 01-26-10 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICH12ACE (Post 1246597)
this sim does not run to well on my pc :-? any tips to use in the ATI settings to make it run a bit better?

How can anybody help you if you don't give any/all details about your system
and more details about the behavior? :o

ZeeWolf

Friedrich-Wilhelm 01-27-10 11:50 PM

One-year-membership

Hi ZeeWolf,

I just paid for a one-year-membership in your project. Please let me know if it arrived. Looking forward to more of your amazing work on TvT.

Regards,

FW

ZeeWolf 01-28-10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friedrich-Wilhelm (Post 1249108)
Hi ZeeWolf,

I just paid for a one-year-membership in your project. Please let me know if it arrived. Looking forward to more of your amazing work on TvT.

Regards,

FW

Your good to go Friedrich-Wilhelm :salute:

ZeeWolf

Friedrich-Wilhelm 01-30-10 07:00 PM

Bug Report

Hi ZW,

As you requested in your email, here is my bug report. I can't really say to what extent these issues are caused by my system, your software, or by installation mistakes I may have made. So here goes:

Christmas Missions:
I installed the two new mission for the German and Soviet campaigns when they became available around Christmas. The German mission (first mission of campaign) ran fine, up to the point when the Soviet infantry appears. Then, the game started to stutter considerably. Once these guys were gone, things went back to normal in regard to frame rates. With the recent update to the members-only-file, this issue has worsened. Then, even after the Soviet infantry were down, frame rates did not recover and the rest of the mission played only with extreme stutter.
The last German mission (Breakthrough) ran just fine.
The first Soviet mission ran a bit stuttery, too, but not as much as the German one. Lowering the graphics settings and resolution had no noticeable effect on the stutter. In your mission, the player's T-34 always pulls left on its own accord.

Members-only-file update:
Same problems as above. In addition to that, now, the last German mission, too, runs with a lot of stutter, especially when the KV-85s show up. The Pz III's have white, or light-grey turrets, while the chassis are sand-yellow. I think, I read something about a fix for that in the forum, but can't remember exactly where.

When opening the first version of the members-only-file, as well as the update, I got a message about a virus being quarantined ( Virus/Malware Mal_DRPR-3).

My systems specs are: Windows XP-Professional, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, 2.01 GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI-Radeon X600/550.

I like the missions and the new vehicles/units a lot. It would be great, if I could run all of this a bit more smoothly. I fiddled with the settings, but so far to no avail.

I hope this is not too frustrating a feedback to you. It is meant as constructive criticism, not as a complaint.

Best regards,

FW

ZeeWolf 01-30-10 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friedrich-Wilhelm (Post 1253184)
Hi ZW,

As you requested in your email, here is my bug report. I can't really say to what extent these issues are caused by my system, your software, or by installation mistakes I may have made. So here goes:

Christmas Missions:
I installed the two new mission for the German and Soviet campaigns when they became available around Christmas. The German mission (first mission of campaign) ran fine, up to the point when the Soviet infantry appears. Then, the game started to stutter considerably. Once these guys were gone, things went back to normal in regard to frame rates. With the recent update to the members-only-file, this issue has worsened. Then, even after the Soviet infantry were down, frame rates did not recover and the rest of the mission played only with extreme stutter.
The last German mission (Breakthrough) ran just fine.
The first Soviet mission ran a bit stuttery, too, but not as much as the German one. Lowering the graphics settings and resolution had no noticeable effect on the stutter. In your mission, the player's T-34 always pulls left on its own accord.

Members-only-file update:
Same problems as above. In addition to that, now, the last German mission, too, runs with a lot of stutter, especially when the KV-85s show up. The Pz III's have white, or light-grey turrets, while the chassis are sand-yellow. I think, I read something about a fix for that in the forum, but can't remember exactly where.

When opening the first version of the members-only-file, as well as the update, I got a message about a virus being quarantined ( Virus/Malware Mal_DRPR-3).

My systems specs are: Windows XP-Professional, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, 2.01 GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI-Radeon X600/550.

I like the missions and the new vehicles/units a lot. It would be great, if I could run all of this a bit more smoothly. I fiddled with the settings, but so far to no avail.

I hope this is not too frustrating a feedback to you. It is meant as constructive criticism, not as a complaint.

Best regards,

FW

Hi Roland,

It's not a complaint Roland it's just a bug report. And this is the kind
of report I need, so thanks Roland. About the T34 pulling left you might
try disabling the joystick if you have one. All else I am working to get
this stuff resolved.

Thanks again Roland :salute:

PS: You may have a virus "( Virus/Malware Mal_DRPR-3). "

ZW

frinik 01-31-10 03:11 AM

To All ZW Members

Hello Fellow ZW Members.

With ZW's latest release of his updated 6th and New German mission Tiger Break Out came some undesirable glitches and bugs.

I spoke with him about creating an open thread in which all of us would pool our experiences and share our findings of the problems that need to be addressedc and or fixed.

I think it makes sens to do it as a group rather thna piece meal tying up ZW with individual requests that may actually over lap in may respects.

I will list the problems I have experienced and in return feel free to post yours as they wil help ZW.Here s a l;ist of mine>

The Major ones.

1 Terminator KV85s These beasts seem to be immortal.You need at least a dozen shots to silence them and they never burn or explode or even emit smoke.They ll stop shooting but their guns would still track my Tiger. In real life Kvs are no better armoured than T 34/85.Thye kill my 2 wingmen tanks despite being shot to pieces.ZW told me the problem is being fixed.

2/ AI with X Ray eyes.The problem still persists with unseen tanks and guns shooting you to pieces through dense wood or behind hills.It really detracts from enjoying the game and prevents you from using ambushing or flanking manoeuvres.

3-the mission map is useless does not track your tank and no markers for Soviet units.

Minor bugs:

1- Panzer III s with whitish turrets(being fixed).I knw Friedrich Wilhelm expereinced the same problem.

2-Ballistics.those Soviet tanks can shoot like artillery it seems.The shots are way too curved or lobbed.(Being fixed).It seems to me too that the reload rate of Soviet tanks is too fast.This had been addressed and solved by Monk´s MMP3 patch but it s been overwritten by ZSW´s mod.

3) at the beginning of the mission there s a couple T34 that have been killed and still rushing forward at full speed like they are possessed. Eerie.

4) at tiimes there are white streak appearing in the fabric of the game. Minor glitches which don t really bother me.

Overall interesting mission.Lots of action, much, much improved over the original Surviving the Escape.New models, inventive, wide open spaces, opportunity for action and manoeuvring.I like it.

Fellow ZW Members.Let´s hear it from you.

Regards

Frinik.

KdF 01-31-10 07:47 AM

My quick report.

White Turrets - reported.

KV-85's - reported

AI X-ray eyes, I believe this comes from the origonal game release as the Tanks gun can still travel thru trees when turning, until that bug is fixed, I believe the AI Tanks will allways be able to see and shoot you.

Noticed the Tank Commander when activated and you are shooting still calls out tanks to shoot when they are already destroyed.

Something needs to be reworked with the Tigers throttle, as it is a real pain to get it to stop at 2600 rpm, or the engine overheats.

The sight on the Tiger needs to be tweaked, as the distance seems to have been cut in half. The commander yells out 600 yards, but you better have it on 300 or you will overshoot.

I would suggest that the reloading sounds be increased, as the loader when you are gunning is actually only 2 feet away from you throwing in a round in the 88.

And a wish-list for "Z"
1.) My tank camoed.
2.) Screeching and clattering of the treads(like in Saving Private Ryan)
3.) Tigers worked in pairs, start with 3 others if possible, with one on yer butt when hunting.

Thats all for now, Great mission ZeeWolf, keep 'em comming.

Luftace 01-31-10 09:57 AM

Report moved to zw members fix thread.

frinik 01-31-10 10:09 AM

ZW´s latest mission release

Thanks for the input KDF very useful!

BTW I started a separate thread called ZW´s 6th Mission Update Fixes.We can use it to voice our experiences and reports.I pasted the same message on it.

Me too I would like to have company of other Tigers in a mission to have my flanks and rear protected.

Re the clattering of the tank caterpillar I also concur.In Steel Fury for example,every tank has its own specific sound(clicking of engine and treads) and it´s make the game more immersive.This what I discussed with ZW that Steel Fury compared to TvsToffers a much more " emotional " battlefield which modders have even made more catchy with Steel sounds collection mods and frontline accosutics.You have men screaming or shouting in both Russiana nd German, constant explosions, the rattling of machine guns, guns shootings, planes flying above or straffing you you really feel the intensity like you re in it.By comparison Tvs T is cold and sterile and does not give you that gripping feeling.It s like being in a silent movie. But my own feelings is that modders could perhaps work on that while ZW focusses on the core stuff.

The thing is ZW´s mods and work in progress and a giant undertaking.he is going to need our assistance and patience.He is a one-man team and as members our part is to help him along with useful criticism and feedback and also praise for the goood stuff.Which is what you did KDF(thanks) and so am I(at least trying to:D.

Others care to share their 2 cents worth?

Friedrich-Wilhelm 01-31-10 01:22 PM

Hello All,

I agree with Frinik's comparison of Steel Fury and TvT in regard to immersion. TvT always was a bit more "sterile" than Steel Fury. Would it be possible, for example, to have crews bailing out of damaged tanks in TvT?
However, I think that ZW is doing great work for this game and I am looking forward to more of his work.
Sorry for beeing so dense, but how do I get to the zw members fix thread?

Regards,

FW

KdF 01-31-10 01:45 PM

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...99#post1253799

Ask and Thou shalt Recieve

frinik 01-31-10 09:56 PM

comparison

Freidrich Wilhelm, the comparison I made between TvsT and SF does not detract in any way the Herculean and wonderful undertaking that ZW is doing.Obviosuly I believe in him and in his efforts otherwise I would not have paid to have the chance and privilege of being a member of his club.However we are discussign ways of making this game even better than it was and making it the best SIM on the market as ZW wishes to do.

Cheers

Friedrich-Wilhelm 02-01-10 12:25 AM

Hello Frinik,

Thanks for your reply. What I wrote in my previous post was not meant as a demeaning comment on ZeeWolfs wonderful work. What I meant to say was that when comparing TvT and Steel Fury out-of-the-box, so to speak (without mods of any sort), I felt that Steel Fury was a bit livelier and more immersive. These are differences that were built into these games from the beginning, something that I don't think ZeeWolf had any influence on. I very much appreciate what he does for TvT and, like you, I paid my membership because I believe that with ZeeWolf's skill and perseverance, and with our support, TvT can go far beyond what was contained in the original release.

Cheers,

FW