SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

Archive1 10-13-21 10:11 PM

Two questions and a comment:
1. I think I remember the ability to ask for a "Depth below keel." report. Is that still available? My apologies: I do not have the program loaded and so cannot review the F-1 window. Perhaps it is there and I missed it.

2. Re: Wilhelmshaven. What is considered a successful dock at home port? That is, does the returning sub have to clear those d.... locks and arrive close to the starting port in order to be considered successfully docked at Wilhelmshaven to end the patrol? I'm not sure when I can shut down to end a patrol without losing its results.

I have many OGG-converted sound tracks of WWII music - German, British, French in original language - that will play on the sub phonograph. These are the real soundtracks of broadcast music. Is anyone interested in my uploading them? Warning for my German friends: the German originals include some speeches and others are of German military band music that is clearly Third Reich in origin. You can delete them from the uploaded file of course. But this is what broadcast music etc. sounded like in the 1940s. I know, I grew up then. Yeah- I am that old!
Archive1

Mad Mardigan 10-14-21 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2774264)
Two questions and a comment:
1. I think I remember the ability to ask for a "Depth below keel." report. Is that still available? My apologies: I do not have the program loaded and so cannot review the F-1 window. Perhaps it is there and I missed it.

2. Re: Wilhelmshaven. What is considered a successful dock at home port? That is, does the returning sub have to clear those d.... locks and arrive close to the starting port in order to be considered successfully docked at Wilhelmshaven to end the patrol? I'm not sure when I can shut down to end a patrol without losing its results.

I have many OGG-converted sound tracks of WWII music - German, British, French in original language - that will play on the sub phonograph. These are the real soundtracks of broadcast music. Is anyone interested in my uploading them? Warning for my German friends: the German originals include some speeches and others are of German military band music that is clearly Third Reich in origin. You can delete them from the uploaded file of course. But this is what broadcast music etc. sounded like in the 1940s. I know, I grew up then. Yeah- I am that old!
Archive1

1. Yes, that ability to request the depth below the keel, is still available... I believe & would be in the nav officer's section, if I am NOT mistaken... :hmmm:

2. Just getting close to those dock locks, I believe, is sufficient, to kick in for being able to call for docking at port & be safe to do so without losing any patrol completion... :yep:

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :up: :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Archive1 10-14-21 06:19 PM

MM:
On depth under keel - it actually is in the F-1 file - the command is the backslash symbol "/". I should have waited to look it up before the query.

Docking - sounds great. I detest those locks-clearing requirements and delay, as I can imagine the actual sub commanders did.
Thanks
Archive1

Archive1 10-16-21 06:30 PM

Music attachments
 
As mentioned earlier I have many (around 50 plus) recordings that will play on the sub phonograph. The format is the correct OGG. But I find no way to upload them as an attachment to a comment such as this.
Is there some guidance for doing this?
The music selections range from French (for example Edith Piaf) to German (various marches, songs, Radio Berlin etc) and a few British music hall pieces. These are all authentic recordings from the late 1930s to the 1940s.
Perhaps you would like them uploaded to someone via a PM for review first.
I can do that...with some assistance on means.
As far as I know all of these are well passed any copyright burden.
Archive1

Sam.Willow 10-16-21 08:55 PM

Music =
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2774725)
As mentioned earlier I have many (around 50 plus) recordings that will play on the sub phonograph. The format is the correct OGG. But I find no way to upload them as an attachment to a comment such as this.
Is there some guidance for doing this?
As far as I know all of these are well passed any copyright burden.
Archive1

Copyright would not apply for your personal use anyway.

All you need to do is insert the files in the correct folder but I don't listen to music so I don't know which folder that would be. I can't believe that this question has never come up before so if you search for "How to music files" or something similar in the SH3 forums I'm confident you can sort through the chumb and find something useful.

Try this: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...w+to+music+sh3


Archive1 10-17-21 12:26 AM

1939-1940s music files for the phonograph
 
Sam:
I went to that page but it's full of current...stuff. None of which is appropriate to a 1939 or 1940s German sub. And I see nothing on the page to help understand how to upload material. I note Jimbuma is one of the, what?, monitors? Maybe he can answer my question. But not sure if he's still active or how to direct a query to him.
Also OGG files (converted from MP3) are needed for the sound files of LSH3, which was also true for the original SH3, but that is not one of the approved upload files...all of which are either text or pictures, not sound.
Perhaps someone will pick up.
Thanks,
Archive1

blackswan40 10-17-21 01:25 AM

Hello Archive1 Salute Sir check this Link out Below five pages of sound files some for the Gramaphone folder

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...d=25&sort=date

Mad Mardigan 10-17-21 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan40 (Post 2774743)
Hello Archive1 Salute Sir check this Link out Below five pages of sound files some for the Gramaphone folder

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...d=25&sort=date

What's being asked there by archive, ol' chum.. I believe... is the methodology of how to make music compilation, available for others to use with SH3...

Correct Me, if I'm wrong on that assessment there, Archive1... :hmmm:

Know that Onkel Neal & Jimbuna, moderate the site... but beyond them, no idea who all else does so, that would have the.. authority, to accommodate the ability to upload mods/music & such on site for others to d/l & use...

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Archive1 10-18-21 12:29 AM

Mardigan: Yep, you are correct. I did open the suggested site, but again there is no description of how to upload sound files. I do remember doing so with the GW SH3, but it's now too long ago to recall the process. I do recall converting MP3 files to the OGG format.
And my apologies to Jimbuna for letting my arthritic fingers hit the 'M' instead of the 'N'. I certainly recall him from lots of years in the Grey Wolves era.
Guess we'll just see what turns up.
Thanks for the responses. I'll go on listening to Edith Piaf, many stirring martial marches from Radio Berlin, Marlene Dietrich, London Calling, etc.
Archive1

U-190 10-18-21 01:06 PM

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Applaud:

Sam.Willow 10-19-21 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2774850)
Mardigan: Yep, you are correct. I did open the suggested site, but again there is no description of how to upload sound files. I do remember doing so with the GW SH3, but it's now too long ago to recall the process. I do recall converting MP3 files to the OGG format.
And my apologies to Jimbuna for letting my arthritic fingers hit the 'M' instead of the 'N'. I certainly recall him from lots of years in the Grey Wolves era.
Guess we'll just see what turns up.
Thanks for the responses. I'll go on listening to Edith Piaf, many stirring martial marches from Radio Berlin, Marlene Dietrich, London Calling, etc.
Archive1

I believe I have figured out your problem.

Navigate to C:\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Gramophone and deposit your files in the folder.

Edit the path to your Gramophone folder.

PST: Mad Mardigan gave me the clue.

Archive1 10-19-21 10:39 PM

Sam,
I do appreciate the answer, but you see that only allows me (repeat, ME) to write my sound files to my gramophone file...I have already done that so I can enjoy my old 1940s tracks.
What I proposed, was to upload my OGG sound files to the LSH3 website so others could then download those file into their sub gramophone files. That's the hurdle.
To be more specific: Where on any thread/communication/reply screen resides any clickable key, blank, whatever, that will allow the upload of an OGG sound file? Especially since OGG files are not in the "approved" list of uploadable files.
Hey, my friend, I think I am taking up far too much of your time.
Pass this off to someone else if you wish. But I do appreciate the invested effort. Neither of us actually benefits.
With respect.
Archive1

propbeanie 10-20-21 07:21 AM

Make a mod for your files ("MyModName \Data \Sound \Gramophone \files"), and "zip" the "MyModName" mod with something like 7-zip or winrar, or whatever. Post the zipped file on MediaFire, or FaceBook, or Google Drive, or where ever you desire, then start a new thread here and post a link to your archived mod file. You can then PM someone on the LSH team, and give them the link to your post and mod, and give them permission to host it on their site, and / or include your files for their next release. You do generally have to use a "zipped" file for most upload sites, and it is best to put your files into a mod construct.

Sam.Willow 10-21-21 04:12 PM

OH! Excuse me.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2775091)
Sam,
I do appreciate the answer, but you see that only allows me (repeat, ME) to write my sound files to my gramophone file...I have already done that so I can enjoy my old 1940s tracks.
What I proposed, was to upload my OGG sound files to the LSH3 website so others could then download those file into their sub gramophone files. That's the hurdle.
To be more specific: Where on any thread/communication/reply screen resides any clickable key, blank, whatever, that will allow the upload of an OGG sound file? Especially since OGG files are not in the "approved" list of uploadable files.
Hey, my friend, I think I am taking up far too much of your time.
Pass this off to someone else if you wish. But I do appreciate the invested effort. Neither of us actually benefits.
With respect.
Archive1

I think I would use something like dropbox or google you can easily share files with dropbox or google. Just share the files. There are some online services that do this. Mediaflare used to do it but I don't think they are around anymore. You can create a dropbox share and allow only downloads, no deletions, no editing. If you think you want to use Subsim to share these files you probably need to contact Neal and ask if the files could be included in the downloads section..

:Kaleun_Wink:

Archive1 10-21-21 06:24 PM

Propbeanie/Sam : Will have to digest your suggestions. Never use Facebook and haven't opened Dropbox since the Battle of Antietam, but I get the idea.
Will look into all.
Now, have taken up much Thread space and time. Will slink away for a bit and do some backup research.
Thank you all/both.
Archive1 :Kaleun_Cheers:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.