SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

Lost At Sea 09-27-19 06:57 PM

Many Thanks Wolfpack Team, and Bravo once again !

Cheers,
Lost

Wolfpack345 09-27-19 08:28 PM

Wow this looks great!! I can't wait to play it ! Excellent work guys!!
Cheers!

RConch 09-28-19 02:40 PM

confused?

I have had this game for awhile, happy there is an SP mode. How do you download the SP mode? Been to the steam page for Wolfpack and also to my steam library and see no lone wolf mode to download, no link.

Little help please as to where to download this.:k_confused:

thanks

Pisces 09-28-19 02:43 PM

It's no extra download, just a checkmark away in the lobby settings. (Enable bots)

If you don't immediately get updated to version .19 you can access the beta branch by right clicking on Wolfpack in your Steam library, then select properties, betas, and select the beta branch from the dropdown menu.

Pisces 09-28-19 02:55 PM

The bots are there to help a lone player or skeleton-crew operate the boat. Expecting it to be single player, as in offline game, is a false assumption. You still need a network connection to open a lobby, even if only for yourself. I'm not amused by that idea, but it is as it is.

Slimeball 09-29-19 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2629608)
The bots are there to help a lone player or skeleton-crew operate the boat. Expecting it to be single player, as in offline game, is a false assumption. You still need a network connection to open a lobby, even if only for yourself. I'm not amused by that idea, but it is as it is.

An offline mode would be really nice.

Onkel Neal 09-29-19 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rconch (Post 2629604)
I have had this game for awhile, happy there is an SP mode. How do you download the SP mode? Been to the steam page for Wolfpack and also to my steam library and see no lone wolf mode to download, no link.

Little help please as to where to download this.:k_confused:

thanks

Start Steam, make sure you have updates enabled, then start Wolfpack. It will pause and update to version .19 and you should see that on the main menu screen. :up:

ceh 09-30-19 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimeball (Post 2629750)
An offline mode would be really nice.

I don't think that would be easy for the devs to do at this point.

Perhaps a local server instead, for those that want to play when they're "submerged" :D

Stormfly 10-01-19 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceh (Post 2629866)
...for those that want to play when they're "submerged" :D

:har:

Simmunist 10-02-19 11:19 PM

How can I play the tutorial with the bots ?

Lost At Sea 10-03-19 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmunist (Post 2630447)
How can I play the tutorial with the bots ?

Hola Simmunist,

On the game MP lobby setup screen:
1. do not immediately choose "Tutorial"
2. tick the "Enable bots" box first
3. and then choose Tutorial

The Tutorial will then launch with bots enabled.

Cheers,
Lost

Usurpator 10-04-19 11:39 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week we’ve been redesigning the buoyancy system for the sub. This will fix many bugs and issues with the old system and we’ve also added a trim tank, so that the buoyancy can be finely tuned by the dive officer. The new buoyancy system and trim tank will be released next week.

Aktungbby 10-04-19 12:02 PM

Welcome back!

Simmunist!:Kaleun_Salute: after an eight-year silent run!

Usurpator 10-11-19 10:32 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week we've been working on completing the new buoyancy system and implementing the trim tank station. We’re almost done, all that remains now is some tweaking and testing. The buoyancy and trim system will be out next week.

fitzcarraldo 10-11-19 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2631799)
Hello everyone!

This week we've been working on completing the new buoyancy system and implementing the trim tank station. We’re almost done, all that remains now is some tweaking and testing. The buoyancy and trim system will be out next week.

Many thanks. Using Lone wolf mode and works very fine. Only I miss some external views for screenies, and more variations for weather.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

JacqueShredo 10-11-19 12:30 PM

You guys are doing fantastic work. With the addition of the bots I feel like this game is on its way to be #1 for sub enthusiasts in every regard :up:

Lost At Sea 10-18-19 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2631799)
Hello everyone!

Hola Dev Team !
Hoping I won't sound too much like a spoiled brat :03: Any chance to update status on buoyancy & trim rework ?
My Mom is asking, I don't really mind relaying the news back to her.

Cheers,
Lost

Pisces 10-19-19 04:52 AM

They must have hit a snag causing them to delay the release. That always happens when you put a definite time on paper. For me at least. It's ready when it's ready!

Onkel Neal 10-19-19 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost At Sea (Post 2633024)
Hola Dev Team !
Hoping I won't sound too much like a spoiled brat :03: Any chance to update status on buoyancy & trim rework ?
My Mom is asking, I don't really mind relaying the news back to her.

Cheers,
Lost

Testing and making small changes, still progressing.

Usurpator 10-19-19 08:47 AM

Patch 0.20

Hello everyone!
This week we finished work on patch 0.20. This patch adds a new buoyancy system and trim tanks. The patch also contains a number of bug fixes.

Patch notes:
Overhauled buoyancy system.
Added trim tank.
Switched dive plane angles (Front rudder is now +-30)
Improved precision of U-boat hull collider.
Starting the diesel engine now uses compressed air.
Launching torpedoes now uses compressed air.
Added launch button and time to impact to TDC bot interface.
Closing the radio man bot menu no longer cancels sending radio messages.
Numbers can now be sent via the radio bot interface.
Bots can now correctly keep depth and turn when reversing.
Cursor scale now affect caret size when writing on map.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...0eff379022.png