SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 05-25-10 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1402929)
Wow, ZeeWolf I can't believe how much work you are putting into this game. :salute:

Were you a former tanker, retired programmer, or what got you so involved with this project?:06:

DB

That's a interesting question DB. The absolute start was when I was a very
young boy with an interest in playing little army. That developed into a wide
range of hobbies and historical discoveries that added fuel to the fire so-to-
speak, that morphed it to a serious interest into WWII. Having grown up in
a generation that was able to listen to first hand account of at that time
was young WWII vets of my fathers age. They would come by, drink beer
with my dad and tell war stories. Of course as a kid very few would be talking directly to me
or even be in the same room for that matter but I listened and absorbed.
As a boy I would hear why we went to war with Japan but not with Germany. And that was my beginning.
As for my adult work I am a machinist by trade and a computer geek by
choice and still a boy with questions at heart.

ZeeWolf

Dung_Beetle 05-25-10 05:09 PM

Well, I am very impressed ZeeWolf, and really like your work and dedication.:salute:

OK, I got some more questions or wants for TvsT::06:

Is there a zoom for the gun sight

Is there anyway to have a short range view, intermediate view, and long range view?

Is there any automated repair time for tank?

In Panzer Elite there were 3 views so if you were, parked in the bushes, waiting to ambush. You could hit either intermediate or long range, and you could look past the shrubs in front of your gun sight or binoculars. At least, that's the way I remember it. I notice with this Sim, I knock over a tree, and try to hide in the branches, but I can't see my target through the foliage. So, I have to use AI gunner, or put myself in the open to be gunner.

DB

ZeeWolf 05-25-10 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1403157)
Well, I am very impressed ZeeWolf, and really like your work and dedication.:salute:

OK, I got some more questions or wants for TvsT::06:

Is there a zoom for the gun sight

Is there anyway to have a short range view, intermediate view, and long range view?

Is there any automated repair time for tank?

In Panzer Elite there were 3 views so if you were, parked in the bushes, waiting to ambush. You could hit either intermediate or long range, and you could look past the shrubs in front of your gun sight or binoculars. At least, that's the way I remember it. I notice with this Sim, I knock over a tree, and try to hide in the branches, but I can't see my target through the foliage. So, I have to use AI gunner, or put myself in the open to be gunner.

DB

Thank you DB,
No zoom on the gun site, but the possibility for a zoom on the binoculars.
Have not focused on what all is required yet but that is a common feature
in any standard set of binoculars so it's on the list.
Next time foliage blocks your gun site try looking through the commanders
copula and line up the target by eye, that can be fun. :DL
Yes, repair is available for tank damage if you are within 20meters of a repair vehicle(that's not destroyed) which you will also be reloaded.

ZeeWolf

frinik 05-26-10 05:10 AM

New Rig is in town!!!!

Hi Zee! Welcome news .My new computer has arrivwd!!!! Yeahhhhhh!:woot: I am going to set it up this weekend and install TvsT with your mods/missions/releases. I am anxious see the improvements in fps and gameplay.With a 2.6 or 2.8 ( :hmmm: )gigahertz processor, 8 gbs of RAM and a dedicated 1024 mb graphic card I do expect some real improvements...

I just need to know if I have to re-instal your Xmas gift and members only German mission 6( Tiger Break Out) or will do automatically come with the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 release once I instal it?I am trying to save myself unnecessary installations.

I'll be able to report and compare the fps and what resolution can I play and whether specs like mine are truly sufficient for good gameplay or not.If everything goes as well as planned then I'll be asking you for the Heavy Duty :shucks:Kursk Mission 1 rather than the " lite" version that I currently have.

Cheerio:sunny:

Dung_Beetle 05-26-10 06:52 AM

Congrats, frinik, on the new puter.:woot:What are your system specs?:06:

I am having occasional "app crash" and "run-time" errors. It's not that often, but wondering if this is typical?:06:

ZeeWolf 05-26-10 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1403467)
Hi Zee! Welcome news .My new computer has arrivwd!!!! Yeahhhhhh!:woot: I am going to set it up this weekend and install TvsT with your mods/missions/releases. I am anxious see the improvements in fps and gameplay.With a 2.6 or 2.8 ( :hmmm: )gigahertz processor, 8 gbs of RAM and a dedicated 1024 mb graphic card I do expect some real improvements...

I just need to know if I have to re-instal your Xmas gift and members only German mission 6( Tiger Break Out) or will do automatically come with the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 release once I instal it?I am trying to save myself unnecessary installations.

I'll be able to report and compare the fps and what resolution can I play and whether specs like mine are truly sufficient for good gameplay or not.If everything goes as well as planned then I'll be asking you for the Heavy Duty :shucks:Kursk Mission 1 rather than the " lite" version that I currently have.

Cheerio:sunny:

That is good news :woot:

As far as install instructions I pasted this from the latest updates thread:

This is the thread that will clarify the current Project ZeeWolf releases.

1.) 4-10-2010, Pre Kursk Alpha v1 (275mgs) This is the accumulation of all
completed work, updates bug fixes,etc. on T34 vs Tiger from the beginning
of Project ZeeWolf. It also includes three all new single player missions:
Russian Mission 1 and German Missions 1 and 6 (Dose not include Kursk
Mission 1).

NOTE: This file will be the foundation of all future releases and makes
all previous releases obsolete.

I don't know how you can wait until the weekend man! I'd call in sick :o
Just kidding :DL

Let us know your new PC performance frinik,

Cheers for sure :salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 05-26-10 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1403505)
Congrats, frinik, on the new puter.:woot:What are your system specs?:06:

I am having occasional "app crash" and "run-time" errors. It's not that often, but wondering if this is typical?:06:

Yeah that is typical. You see T vs T's missions are written is Java script and
therefore needs compiling of the scripts each time it runs a mission. The
result is binary files in the Cache folder. And here lies the conflict that is
most common. Now the other cause of this conflict is residual data in memory :yep:
that can be a source. But the clearing the Cache folder and/or after a
runtime error just start the program again clears it up.

Cheers,
ZeeWolf

frinik 05-26-10 10:13 AM

computer specs

Well Folks I had good and bad news:

The good news my graphic card a Nvidia GTX 230 is 2gigabytes dedicated instead of 1 gbs as I expected.:yeah:

The bad news is that the computer( an Acer) has been configured and I need a user name and password thus I'll have to call in the company to be able to get one to be able to use my new rig :wah:

Otherwise my other specs an Intel i7 860 processor with 2.8 gigahertz speed, 8 gigabytes of RAM , 2 gbs of dedicated graphic memory ddr2 and 1 terabyte(1000 gigabytes:D) of Hard disk space along with an Acer 24 '" inch screen with 2 built in 2watts speakers.... Stop drooling guys!:88).
All that for a very good price. I recommend the company; it's NCIX a US-based electronics wholesaler.

DB I can't compete with your 3 graphic cards but check your mirror I am right behind you on your tail;)...

Cheers

morttheslayer 05-26-10 03:07 PM

I need some of your new PC's parts

Glad you got your new system Ok Frinic.
When I got my new ASUS notebook I had to enter the user name and password myself before it would activate. Note: I actually skipped the password bit as I will be the only user. Meaning really Mrs Panzer Commander is a bit of a computer numpty!!:haha: unlike me of course !!:har:

Win 7 seems keen to "help" you configure stuff but I found it a trifle dumbed down as you aren't expected to think ahead and anticipate any changes and settings! Hope you didn't get any preinstalled anti virus like I did. Gave me some problems until I got it all uninstalled and all traces removed. Overall though not too bad.

Nice processor you've got, I have an i5 but I think my "weak spot is the HDD speed of 5400rpm not 7200rpm. Balance that against my GPU with 1Gb of ram and its DDR3 and I've found Steel fury runs like a watch. I might try and see how TvsT runs on this later as an experiment. I really envy your screen size of 24inches - monster!

Like you I am installing and uninstalling stuff and checking backups. I will get rid of all the pre foundation issue stuff as it's confusing looking back through it all when you need any re-installs.

Best of luck let us all know how it runs the games! ATB - Morty :up:

ZeeWolf 05-26-10 06:44 PM

T34 Gun site Fix

Now the T34 Gun site is much more accurate then stock. Change also
the Gun site magnification so long distance targets have greater clarity.

The stock Gun Site range
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...nSite_Fix1.jpg

T34 Gun site set at 1000 meters same test process as the Tiger

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...nSite_Fix2.jpg

As you can see right in there

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...nSite_Fix3.jpg

More to come Kamerads! :salute:

ZW

Dung_Beetle 05-26-10 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1403665)
Well Folks I had good and bad news:

The good news my graphic card a Nvidia GTX 230 is 2gigabytes dedicated instead of 1 gbs as I expected.:yeah:

The bad news is that the computer( an Acer) has been configured and I need a user name and password thus I'll have to call in the company to be able to get one to be able to use my new rig :wah:

Otherwise my other specs an Intel i7 860 processor with 2.8 gigahertz speed, 8 gigabytes of RAM , 2 gbs of dedicated graphic memory ddr2 and 1 terabyte(1000 gigabytes:D) of Hard disk space along with an Acer 24 '" inch screen with 2 built in 2watts speakers.... Stop drooling guys!:88).
All that for a very good price. I recommend the company; it's NCIX a US-based electronics wholesaler.

DB I can't compete with your 3 graphic cards but check your mirror I am right behind you on your tail;)...

Cheers

I see you in my mirror frinik; flashing your high-beams at me. I better flip the night mode on my rearview mirror.:rotfl2:

Nice system specs frinik.:rock:

I would add a nice speaker system to it: http://store.cambridgesoundworks.com...B0036UU14G.htm

You could not only flash your high-beams at me. You could annoy me with your loud subwoofer.:haha:

Dung_Beetle 05-26-10 10:44 PM

You are killing me with this mod ZeeWolf. It looks great! :salute:

I've just been playing with the Tiger, and trying to get comfortable with it. The T34 feels natural to me; that is what I commanded mostly in Panzer Elite. I usually ran with 3 x T34/85 & 2 x Su122. That platoon configuration worked best for me.

I was wondering ZeeWolf if the PZ_mod is compatible with stock for multiplayer?:06:

Where do you guys play online?:06:

ZeeWolf 05-26-10 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1404296)
You are killing me with this mod ZeeWolf. It looks great! :salute:

I've just been playing with the Tiger, and trying to get comfortable with it. The T34 feels natural to me; that is what I commanded mostly in Panzer Elite. I usually ran with 3 x T34/85 & 2 x Su122. That platoon configuration worked best for me.

I was wondering ZeeWolf if the PZ_mod is compatible with stock for multiplayer?:06:

Where do you guys play online?:06:

The T34 has a better feel to it I agree but that is primarily due to less
attention to the tiger. I am working on improving the Tiger in every respect
first major change will com in a new Tiger model that will have a far better
exterior look when commanding and better textures etc. A new T34 85 is coming to that will replace the stock one.

As for multi-player that will be way down the road and any mods that are
not Project ZeeWolf mods will not work - non are compatible. That is highly
stressed. I am aware that can be a deal killer for some but that is ok,
this can not be a sim for everyone and be true to my vision, which is a WWII Tank simulation with a emphasis on as close to real as I can get.

Best regards, :salute:
ZeeWolf

frinik 05-27-10 01:51 AM

MP

Hi DB! Yes that blinding falsh of light are my high beams in your side mirrors....:D

Thanks for the info on the speakers.I'll defintely check it out. Nothing like realistic sound when playing.Can't wait to see my wife, kids and cat hitting the floor every time a shell crashes near my tank:arrgh!:.

Re multi player my advice to you is to have another, separate instal of TvsT with only the stock missions and instal the MPP5 ( multi player improvement mod I have been talking about).That wya you'll avoid incompatibility with ZW's mods.Contact Murkz( or PM him) .I know he checks the forum and he is the lead when it comes to MP play.I know they use Habachi for MP as it works far better than the game ranger system that comes with the game. I also know that German groups such as NSU and Francophone and Spanish groups as well. Since all of them use English as a common language and organise intra-groups macthes you could try googling to see how to join them.NSu has a dedicated website in both German and English

Cheers

frinik 05-27-10 03:46 AM

Customer's Acer-vice ....

Zee extraordinary dedication indeed. A born perfectionist!On behalf of all of us proud ZeeW members thank you!:up:

Yes Morty can't wait to be able to use new rig.Meanwhile made unsuccessful attempts to get user name and password for computer.Cause they didn't enter a default thing like Admin etc.No they actually entered a password and user-name at the factory where it was built somewhere in the People's ( ??????) Republic of China; the first country in the World to perfectly marry the worst of both world systems; Communist intolerance lovingly embracing Capitalist greed!!!!. :smug:

Anyway the retailer told me to deal directly with Acer and Acer told me to register first before they can help me.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgh.I wish I were a hacker at times....You buy a damned thing and they almost ask for your cursed DNA sample ( they asked me my father's address????? I am 53 i.e. old enough to surf the internet without supervision I guess :06:???) before they allow you to use what YOUR money purchased!Bloody arrogant companies would need to be taught a lesson in humility and client service at times....

Enough ranting, enough steam blown.I'll plot my revenge and blow T34s instead. Same bunch of Reds anyway.:stare:GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Dung_Beetle 05-27-10 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1404412)
Zee extraordinary dedication indeed. A born perfectionist!On behalf of all of us proud ZeeW members thank you!:up:

Yes Morty can't wait to be able to use new rig.Meanwhile made unsuccessful attempts to get user name and password for computer.Cause they didn't enter a default thing like Admin etc.No they actually entered a password and user-name at the factory where it was built somewhere in the People's ( ??????) Republic of China; the first country in the World to perfectly marry the worst of both world systems; Communist intolerance lovingly embracing Capitalist greed!!!!. :smug:

Anyway the retailer told me to deal directly with Acer and Acer told me to register first before they can help me.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgh.I wish I were a hacker at times....You buy a damned thing and they almost ask for your cursed DNA sample ( they asked me my father's address????? I am 53 i.e. old enough to surf the internet without supervision I guess :06:???) before they allow you to use what YOUR money purchased!Bloody arrogant companies would need to be taught a lesson in humility and client service at times....

Enough ranting, enough steam blown.I'll plot my revenge and blow T34s instead. Same bunch of Reds anyway.:stare:GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Sounds like somebody RMA'd that system before you got it.:hmmm:

Hell frinik, I'd just mail it back to them. I don't know what the return policy is... In the first 30 days, you should be able to return it, and dispute it with your credit card if need be.:damn:

I got a really nice i7 board, that I RMA'd back, in the day, when I had money. It's just sitting in the closet. It sells for $322.00 at newegg new. It has gulftown support. Just got to update the bios, and you'd be ready for that X980.:yeah: Then with a GTX480 you could just slip into the next gear, and pass me bye.:haha:

Thanks for the mp advice. I'll check it out!

Scott Kevill 05-27-10 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1404368)
I know they use Habachi for MP as it works far better than the game ranger system that comes with the game.

Just to clarify, it's GameSpy Arcade that comes with the game and is completely broken (and presumably Hamachi that you're referring to).

I did add T34 vs Tiger support to GameRanger a little later after its release, which was being used by some groups, but there was a limit to how much I could do without the support of the game developer due to UI bugs in the game.

Dung_Beetle 05-27-10 08:34 PM

MMP 5.0

I downloaded and installed MMP 5.0, and love the new sound compared to the stock game.:woot:

I tried to find players, 8:00 pm Central Standard Time, on Game Ranger. I had no luck.:cry:

frinik, I shouldn't have said that your new computer was an RMA'd one. I've been building my own for so long... I open my hatch to much!:doh:

Well going to do some tanking with the new mod. I wish I was playing Project_ZW; since, I'm going to play offline.:salute:

Dung_Beetle 05-27-10 10:13 PM

Smoke & Maps

I don't see any smoke options available in TvsT. Having a smoke screen is an essential tactic.:hmmm:

Are the maps more sophisticated in Project_ZW?:06:

Don't get me wrong there is a lot to love in this sim, but so much essential stuff has been left out.:-?

wingman commands
large scale maps
smoke options
zoom
tank variety
vehicle variety
multi-core support would be nice

ZeeWolf, can't you buy the wrights to the game, rework it, and resell it.:rotfl2:

frinik 05-27-10 10:38 PM

MP

Db don't worry about the RMA which stands for remanufactured????May be you are right.I spent 2 frustrating hours with Acer support based in India,.Another glory of outsourcing....:dead:.In the end couldn't make the computer start so they'll have to send me a recovery disk( for free they said as if it were some kind of freebie I ought to be grateful for:down:).Som another 2 to 3 weeks before I get.Meanwhile a brand new machine sitting idle.....It's like buying a Mercedes then being told Oh by the way we 'll mail the keys to you.Expect to wait another 3 weeks before you can drive your car GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Ok enough grumbling and ranting.Re Tvst yes it's hamachi not habachi.I don't play MP so couldn't remember.I also installed the MMp 5.0 before having Zee's mod and I also loved the sounds and the better reload rates.

As I said Tvst was an orphan until Good Papa Zee came along and adopted him.This shows that not all Wolves eat poor little orphans unlike in the fairy tales....:D

This is why after playing TvsT fervently for 6 to 7 months after I bought it I just dropped it as it was flawed and without support.I started playing and enjoying Steel Fury which had everything Tvst ddin't have atmosphere, good AI, variety mods, and full support from its' developers.

This is also why I bought into Zee Wolf's project because he had adopted that game.

MP-wise it might be wise to contact Murkz as he is very active in multi play.There was also Monkwarrior, a Belgian guy who co developed the MMP3 to 5 mods and unfortunately died a couple of months ago.

Anyway I am sure you can find other players in MP>

Once my rig is up and running we will do tank races...:sunny: