SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   SUBSIM Meeting 2008 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129586)

kaptkirkU4467 01-29-08 03:12 PM

Guess i better pack the paintball guns..

StdDev 01-29-08 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaptkirkU4467
We had a lot of fun in 2004..I and Kirksbaby will be there.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!! :p

http://www.sfvsf.org/images/kaleukirk.jpg

Onkel Neal 01-29-08 10:18 PM

Quote:

We had a lot of fun in 2004..I and Kirksbaby will be there.

Awwe yeah, now we're talking. :yep:

GoldenRivet 01-29-08 10:26 PM

Hmmm i think i could be in Galveston on about a 2 hour notice. :cool:

sounds fun!

Marriott 01-29-08 11:14 PM

i may be able to go, i will have to see what i can do

seaniam81 01-30-08 01:38 AM

700 canadian for round trip. I think it's a maybe for me

McBeck 01-30-08 04:46 AM

Hyea!!!

Well....I have pay raise and bonus pending :D What else to spend it on ?

For now...count me in at the Ranch Neal :)

And for you guys here in Europe....2009 Meeting is on the drawing board in Copenhagen :D

M. Sarsfield 01-30-08 08:51 AM

Neal,

Tulsa is about an 8.5 hour drive away. I could probably make the drive. It would be nice to check out the Cavalla and compare her condition to the Batfish. I'll put the dates on my calendar as tentative, but I don't foresee any reasons not to be there at this time.

OT: Also, if some of you guys are realy into paintball, there's Oklahoma D-Day, which is a HUGE paintball battle held every year in early June - this year it's June 9 - 15, but the big battle will be on Saturday the 14th. The "battlefield" is about an hour NE of Tulsa. You can visit the website here...
www.ddayadventurepark.com

CCIP 01-30-08 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaniam81
700 canadian for round trip. I think it's a maybe for me

Yea...

Truth to tell, I'd love to be there but I don't even know where I'll be in October, at this point. :(

If I get a full-time job and stay here (or at least in North America), I'll definitely go! But if I'm still getting by as a student, or end up going overseas... not much chance.

Rebel 01-30-08 11:03 AM

Have Harley Will Trael

I Will Be There Even If It Rains

mookiemookie 01-30-08 12:32 PM

Of course I'll be there!

Hanomag 01-30-08 01:27 PM

Kaluens,

Being that Im retired and not married, I should have no issues attending. Hell I might even drive down. I always wanted to go on a long drive through the states. :arrgh!:

PS Can we wear our kaluen headgear? JK! :rotfl:

Onkel Neal 01-30-08 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeltwo
I Will Be There Even If It Rains

Ahoy Rebel! I'm sure glad to hear from you, looking forward to seeing you again.

For those of you who didn't attend the 2004 Sub Meet, Rebel was the man who came in on the Iron Horse. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanomag
Kaluens,

Being that Im retired and not married, I should have no issues attending. Hell I might even drive down. I always wanted to go on a long drive through the states. :arrgh!:

PS Can we wear our kaluen headgear? JK! :rotfl:

Aye, and we will sing the special Subsim Song and drink the U-Boat special cocktail :D

SUBMAN1 01-30-08 08:05 PM

I might actually show up for this one. Probably stop in AZ on the way back or so.

Maybe i could change the plans and make you go to Washington State? Possibly tour a Trident sub or something. I'm sure that would be easy to arrange, except you would need to be a US citizen to board and have a background check done on you. Maybe that is a bad plan then.

Last time I went (been mulitple times), they fired a torpedo plug for me (quite loud actually! No wonder you can hear a transient launch some distance away!). I also drove the Trident simulator.

We have all the Seawolfs out here too. Might be able to arrange a Seawolf tour. The Seawolfs don't have nukes on board, so the background check might be less strict.

-S

PS. I forgot - no cameras allowed either (for obvious reasons).

SUBMAN1 01-30-08 08:22 PM

Quote:

Guess i better pack the paintball guns..

Are fully Auto paintball guns legal at this deal? :D

-S