SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Jutland (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Resolution (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155031)

j_o_nn_y 08-18-09 04:22 AM

Resolution

I downloaded the demo and found that the font for the main menu buttons and words is too small. It is the same when playing the game too. I know there is a function to make the fonts thicker, but this doesn't improve it much. Admittedly I am playing it on a 32 " HDTV, but I cant make out the reports even when I decrease the resolution. Is there a way to make the fonts larger as I have given up playing it.

MoToM 08-18-09 09:08 AM

All I know of is the option to change Notification font size, the scrolling list top left that is.
'N' changes this. As for menu fonts, can't help, sorry.

alexsmith 08-18-09 03:51 PM

This quite often happens in computer world. For example - I'm keeping Task bar with Start button in Windows at the top of screen (just like on Macs) - some programs just don't behave proper because of this. It's just because none of programmers tested it that way...

I think the GOOD game should check the current screen resolution to adjust font size. I humbly advice you to post a ticker for developers...

Bullethead 08-18-09 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_o_nn_y (Post 1153034)
I downloaded the demo and found that the font for the main menu buttons and words is too small.

Besides hitting N to adjust the text size, you can also make the fonts bold. This is in the main Display Options menu, near the bottom of the list.

Bullethead 08-18-09 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexsmith (Post 1153635)
I'm keeping Task bar with Start button in Windows at the top of screen (just like on Macs) - some programs just don't behave proper because of this. It's just because none of programmers tested it that way...

Do you have this problem with our games or are you just trying to create false impressions?

j_o_nn_y 08-19-09 03:34 AM

I tried that N key, but I realised that the games default font was at its maximum already and this didnt make any difference. I already made the fonts bold too.
With users increasingly buying larger and larger screens this might be even a bigger problem in the future. I thought that there might be a way to alter one of the files in Jutland to make the fonts larger?.

alexsmith 08-19-09 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullethead (Post 1153800)
Do you have this problem with our games or are you just trying to create false impressions?

Because you asked I can tell - DG is also positioning it's window behind Task bar if it's located at the top. But I'm not treat this as a problem. There are bigger ones...

Bullethead 08-21-09 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_o_nn_y (Post 1154021)
With users increasingly buying larger and larger screens this might be even a bigger problem in the future. I thought that there might be a way to alter one of the files in Jutland to make the fonts larger?.

I'll mention this to Norm. Maybe there's a way to do it already that I don't know about, or maybe he'll put it in a patch.