SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Any news ? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237248)

bstanko6 01-10-19 03:55 PM

I want to jump in this! It’s January and they sent out the beta... release the game already!!!! Do what other companies do, release it and send out updates!!!!! Come on already!

fullmetaledges 01-10-19 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2585856)
I want to jump in this! It’s January and they sent out the beta... release the game already!!!! Do what other companies do, release it and send out updates!!!!! Come on already!

I agree.

bstanko6 01-10-19 09:07 PM

My money is ready to go, computer is fast as hell on wheels! In the words of Dennis Hopper in Waterworld: “let’s get this tub of S&#$ up to speed!”

italianmarine 01-11-19 02:55 AM

so is the public beta already out or is it still for the backers only?

What I don`t like is, that there is not much info available.

bstanko6 01-11-19 07:08 AM

Still backers beta!

raymond6751 01-19-19 11:09 AM

News update

I'm not a dev, just a backer.

The goods are being delivered in Europe as of early January.

The updates from the devs can be seen on the kickstarter web site and on the game facebook page.

They have to ship to North America, Jan-Feb timeframe. I wonder if the border guys are working (Trump shutdown), to let the shipment in.

I'm in Canada, so assume our games will ship along with the US ones. Waiting, like everyone else.

GoldenRivet 01-20-19 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymond6751 (Post 2587344)
I'm not a dev, just a backer.

The goods are being delivered in Europe as of early January.

The updates from the devs can be seen on the kickstarter web site and on the game facebook page.

They have to ship to North America, Jan-Feb timeframe. I wonder if the border guys are working (Pelosi-Schumer Shut Down), to let the shipment in.

I'm in Canada, so assume our games will ship along with the US ones. Waiting, like everyone else.

fixed :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

fullmetaledges 01-21-19 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenRivet (Post 2587548)
fixed :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Agreed

BerntBalchen 01-24-19 04:02 PM

Please don't bring that in here.

fullmetaledges 01-25-19 02:20 PM

We could talk about UBoat, you know if there was any actual news about it.

Nats 02-17-19 07:12 AM

I am interested in hearing about the campaign, how dynamic it is, how it plays out etc

Jeffg 02-17-19 10:34 PM

I already paid for the game but have not heard any news.

JeffG

Redglyph 02-21-19 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianmarine (Post 2585913)
so is the public beta already out or is it still for the backers only?

What I don`t like is, that there is not much info available.

Not sure about the cryptic posts above, but I have to agree, I'm never sure where to look for information on this promising sim. That's quite uncommon for kickstarter projects, usually there's a bit more of updates, at least more than once or twice a year :03:

fullmetaledges 02-21-19 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redglyph (Post 2592925)
Not sure about the cryptic posts above, but I have to agree, I'm never sure where to look for information on this promising sim. That's quite uncommon for kickstarter projects, usually there's a bit more of updates, at least more than once or twice a year :03:

I read the steam page discussions, but even then not much official info. I understand that it's only a few developers, but the marketing is honestly horrible. It seems like the only ones keeping the interest alive for this game are the people complaining about the lack of updates (I agree), or the people justifying it. You'd figure the publisher would be putting out media, but they have said what we've all heard too many times regarding this title, "soon". The current rumor is still Q1 this year from what I can tell. I think there's a line when it comes to being cautious about putting something vs waiting too long. If they stayed on the proposed (revised) timeline of early access by the end of last year, I think most people would be more accepting of issues with the game, but as it is now I think when this game does get released that the goodwill has been used up.

italianmarine 03-11-19 07:16 AM

they released a new video. It seems they want to release an Early Access this month.