SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 02-09-15 09:15 AM

Install instructions for 2015

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 2285858)
:wah: Sorry ZW

Full ZW mod fail by me!
only basic install run :o

Ok Prescalan, don't worry, we can figure this out. This may take some work though.:up:

1.) Uninstall and delete everything including - msvcp71d.dll - msvcr71d.dll in windows32.

2.) Re-install the Default Game and DirectX 9c ONLY. No other files to the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)

3.) Now change the name of the folders.
Anuman interactive to Lighthouse Interactive then change T34 to T34vsTiger

4.) Now install 2015 update to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger

copy and paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger into the install programs 'Install Directory'

DO NOT INSTALL ANY FILES FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK!
Checkout this page for more clear copy and paste instructions.
http://www.tanksimzw.com/dl.htm

Let me know how it goes!

ZW :salute:

daskal 02-10-15 11:30 AM

Any hopes for "her" this year?

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/KingTiger_04.jpg

Faustnik 02-10-15 12:20 PM

The Tiger II looks great, but, I would love to see playable Pz. IV and Stug III.

Tough is good.

Sepp von Ch. 02-11-15 05:46 PM

1) Thank you ZeeWolf for your work and update today. I am really impressed, but for me is more important my lovely Tiger. Please continue working on a Tiger campaign! I hope for a perfect, funny and interesting sim with this Tiger tank instead of several tank models without story. We have a fantastic Tiger tank model with splendid interior and functional gunsight and chassis and would be great to improve this tank, build a interesting and real campaign with some medals etc.

And many thanks for Tiger from Schwere SS Tiger units in your mod! I really love the white skin with german flag and Wittmann's kill score marking. I don't like this yellow 111 on the Tiger of Leibstandarte AH unit. Can you edit this skin (number) to be more realistic? What about S04? Would be splendid!

http://www.aviationgraphic.com/324-5...-222-om-02.jpg

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/wittcrew.jpg

2) What are the best game settings for your mod Zee? My fps are terrible... :-/

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3,00 GHz
nVidia 560 Ti
Audio HD Realtek ALC888
8 GB RAM
640GB SATAII/300
Vista 64bit

I used for TvT without mods "all on and very high" settings but with your mod is my game now nearly unplayable:'-(

3) And why is the gunsight in your mod so small by comparison with the better and more realistic TvT version without mods? I can't use now my new gunsight in correct way, because it is very difficult to calculate the distance and target size with this small one:-( That is almost impossible for me by enemy tanks and mainly by PAKs and other smaller targets...

I use the 1440 x 900 (32) resolution.

Faustnik 02-11-15 07:44 PM

Thanks for Panther mission! :)

Panther is very maneuverable.

_____

I like Sepp's gunsight comment.

ZeeWolf 02-11-15 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. (Post 2286675)
1) Thank you ZeeWolf for your work and update today. I am really impressed, but for me is more important my lovely Tiger. Please continue working on a Tiger campaign! I hope for a perfect, funny and interesting sim with this Tiger tank instead of several tank models without story. We have a fantastic Tiger tank model with splendid interior and functional gunsight and chassis and would be great to improve this tank, build a interesting and real campaign with some medals etc.

And many thanks for Tiger from Schwere SS Tiger units in your mod! I really love the white skin with german flag and Wittmann's kill score marking. I don't like this yellow 111 on the Tiger of Leibstandarte AH unit. Can you edit this skin (number) to be more realistic? What about S04? Would be splendid!

http://www.aviationgraphic.com/324-5...-222-om-02.jpg

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/wittcrew.jpg

2) What are the best game settings for your mod Zee? My fps are terrible... :-/

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3,00 GHz
nVidia 560 Ti
Audio HD Realtek ALC888
8 GB RAM
640GB SATAII/300
Vista 64bit

I used for TvT without mods "all on and very high" settings but with your mod is my game now nearly unplayable:'-(

3) And why is the gunsight in your mod so small by comparison with the better and more realistic TvT version without mods? I can't use now my new gunsight in correct way, because it is very difficult to calculate the distance and target size with this small one:-( That is almost impossible for me by enemy tanks and mainly by PAKs and other smaller targets...

I use the 1440 x 900 (32) resolution.

Thank you Sepp von Ch.,

1.)As you know I love the Tiger1 Ausf.(E). Be sure this Tiger will be at the
heart of all my efforts. :) :agree:

As for the numbers; They are not part of the skins and are
very easy to change. The same is true with the Division markings
and the KillRings too. :rock:

2.)Your PC specs match my PC almost to the letter, exempt the OS
is WinXP and HDD is 500GB...But!
my new PC, PC unit 02, has changed the way I play the game :o

PC unit 02 specs:

Windows 7 32bit
CPU Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz.
Video MSI (AMD)R9 280 GAMING, 3Gig GDDR5, PCI Express
MoBo MSI Z97-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6G
RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DD

The FPS is remarkable, for example; Now in mission "ZITADELLE: M1, Attack!"
I can stay at the front of the Tiger and be first in battle.
The FPS has doubled and even tripled, fps now is no issue.
This has been something I only dreamed about, but, no more it's here.

3.)The Default Tvt had oversized striker marks and was not calibrated.
Try the Keypad 9 Key, the color was improved and let me know if this helps

Change your video resolution to 1680*1050 32bit. Take advantage of TvT's resolution
scaling ability, it's amazing. :woot:

Also, consider upgrading your PC -- this will make an incredible deference. :yep:

TIGER VOR!

Priscalan 02-12-15 12:48 AM

hello Zee,

many crashes yet :hmmm:

with all minimal video settings and 1024*768 resolution : max fps 9 :/\\!!

i must upgrade my computer :hmm2:, but i have not money today:wah:

2nd panther mission is cool :yeah:

Sepp von Ch. 02-14-15 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 2286710)
Change your video resolution to 1680*1050 32bit. Take advantage of TvT's resolution
scaling ability, it's amazing. :woot:

I canīt find this resolution 1680*1050 in my video (game) settings...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 2286710)
Also, consider upgrading your PC -- this will make an incredible deference.

And what should I upgrade? Graphic card? Or what precisely?

ZeeWolf 02-14-15 12:27 PM

ZW's Graphic's card upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. (Post 2287451)
I canīt find this resolution 1680*1050 in my video (game) settings...

And what should I upgrade? Graphic card? Or what precisely?

Graphic's card. But a graphics card only upgrade will be hard. All new cards are the
PCIe 3.0 slot. Your GTX 560Ti is a PCIe 2.0 and most likely so is your Motherboard.:know:

I choose the AMD Raedon R280 because I have a copy of Catalyst 13.9. It has a driver
for all the R9 series cards for Windows XP. I love Win XP and hate the fact I had to
upgrade to Win 7.:nope: But I could not install Win XP on my new PC Unit 02.:hmph:
So, you know Seppy, a Tankers gotta do what a Tankers gotta do! :yep:

Sepp von Ch. 02-15-15 09:27 AM

Thanks Zee, i will upgrade my graphic card.

But I think, that new graphic cards with PCIe 3.0 slot can run with the speed of PCIe 2.0 slot. Or I am wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 2287544)
So, you know Seppy, a Tankers gotta do what a Tankers gotta do! :yep:

Amen!:yep:

LcSummers 02-15-15 10:59 AM

Hi ZW,

back after a long pause.

First of all respect. I do not like the D version of the Panther but you did a fantastic job, very nice, the A is superb!!!!! :up::D

I will go on with my testing of TvT.

Sometimes i have aCTD, but nothing of importance.

The other little problem i have is, i cant save the default key mapping.

Every time i klick on apply, i can play with the normal keysettings, but after i start TvT new, i have to make the same procedure again.

Its because i have some first class hardware like the Thrustmaster Warthog and the MFG pedals. I have to select the default key because without them my Tank is going crazy.

Thanks again for your support, see you my old Kamerad

LC:salute:

Aktungbby 02-15-15 11:02 AM

welcome back!

LcSummers!:salute:

ZeeWolf 02-15-15 11:48 AM

Key Save issue and Win7

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 2287896)
Hi ZW,

back after a long pause.

First of all respect. I do not like the D version of the Panther but you did a fantastic job, very nice, the A is superb!!!!! :up::D

I will go on with my testing of TvT.

Sometimes i have aCTD, but nothing of importance.

The other little problem i have is, i cant save the default key mapping.

Every time i klick on apply, i can play with the normal keysettings, but after i start TvT new, i have to make the same procedure again.

Its because i have some first class hardware like the Thrustmaster Warthog and the MFG pedals. I have to select the default key because without them my Tank is going crazy.

Thanks again for your support, see you my old Kamerad

LC:salute:

Glad your back LC :up:

The Panther Ausf. A is my favorite Panther as well, however the Ausf. D has gotten
a bad review. This was, of course, due to the time pressure to field the Panther before
it was ready for for the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the Ost Front.:timeout:

An important note too is, most reviews of the Panther comes from the enemy. As more
truth about history throws off the lies of the Devil and Germany's enemies, (who work so
hard to suppress the truth) the more we will get both sides of the story. :yep:

As for the "Key Save" issue: Windows 7 had the UI that enabled DirectX to save our Key settings --removed :o NO SH*T! :huh:

But if you send me your key preferences I can modify the Default Key Script file.
That way you can go to the Control Settings and press the Default button and then
the Save button and you're good to go! :up:

Thank God we have capable mechanics that work so hard to keep our Panther Ausf. Ds
battle ready. Because we are going to need them Kamerad! :shifty:

Panther VOR!

ZW:salute:

ZeeWolf 02-21-15 04:34 PM

Compare Video Cards

Hey guys, here is a cool way to compare video performance that should be very helpful.:cool:

http://www.hwcompare.com/17671/gefor...radeon-r9-280/

My new PC has the Radeon R9 - 280 :shucks:

I just received an after action report from a Kamerad who has the GTX-650TI and
he said; running TvT on Win 10 really runs good. He highly recommends Win 10.:yep:
His CPU is the AMD FX-6300 sixcore 3,5GHz, RAM 8,00GB :know:

Just something I thought you guys might find interesting :sunny:

ZeeWolf :salute:

starworldx 03-18-15 07:38 AM

zeewolf PLS HELP ME !~

I`m very glad to see a new mod for my favourite game of the T34vs Tiger and I thank you very much for the author.But when i play with my friend with MM7 in multiplay ,i had found some problems ,such as when I had created a room including bots,my friend cannot join in the game,his program was without any response,but when I close the room ,his game restored normal ;So,I have some problem to consult yours:the player cannot join into the game when I create a room with bots?

Another and I have a problem that the mod for ZEEWOLF had some change for the multiplay (Compared with MM7 mod)?

Thank you very much for giving us an answer and not mind my poor English.

wiekniera 03-26-15 06:07 AM

Hello zee,
is there any plan to put Nashorn or Elefant as playable coz i never saw this 2 tanks release in any tank game, i mean with a real sim like inside gunner, driver or commander position :D

Aktungbby 03-26-15 09:32 AM

welcome aboard!

wiekniera!:salute: after a long silent run!

ZeeWolf 03-26-15 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiekniera (Post 2300917)
Hello zee,
is there any plan to put Nashorn or Elefant as playable coz i never saw this 2 tanks release in any tank game, i mean with a real sim like inside gunner, driver or commander position :D

Hi wiekniera,
No plans for them, although there is an A.I. Nashorn already and I am considering an
A.I. Elephant when I get into the northern part of the Kursk battle.:yep:

Modeling the interior is a very time intensive task, that can not begin until I have all the
inside details. Another very time intensive task.:doh:

Bewegung!

ZeeWolf :salute:

Jimbuna 03-26-15 10:35 AM

Welcome wiekniera :sunny:

wiekniera 03-30-15 03:24 AM

Thank you gentlemen for your warm welcome :sunny:

@zeewolf
Oooh nooo..i guess i've too much counting on you for this one..but no problem at all, i'll keep an eye for your next big release zee ! :up::salute: