SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Which is the most stable mod for Sh3? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242780)

luisfe 10-11-19 07:17 PM

Which is the most stable mod for Sh3?

Hello guys!´
Im playing a campaign with GWE. After 5 patrols, my saved file is corrupted (After the 4th patrol, when I load the game, it crash...)

This dont happen with the vanilla game.... I would like to find a stable mod... I just want to play a lot of patrols without problems....

Help please guys!

PS: Im sorry for my english...

John Pancoast 10-11-19 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisfe (Post 2631845)
Hello guys!´
Im playing a campaign with GWE. After 5 patrols, my saved file is corrupted (After the 4th patrol, when I load the game, it crash...)

This dont happen with the vanilla game.... I would like to find a stable mod... I just want to play a lot of patrols without problems....

Help please guys!

PS: Im sorry for my english...

If by "GWE" you mean GWX, yes, it likes to crash during a save reload for me too.
If you haven't, keep trying to load it. Many times, it takes me 3-4 tries until it works.

But to answer your question, for me, NYGM is more stable in this regard. But with any of them the more mods you add, the greater the chance of problems in my experience.

p.s. Your English is very good.

luisfe 10-12-19 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2631854)
If by "GWE" you mean GWX, yes, it likes to crash during a save reload for me too.
If you haven't, keep trying to load it. Many times, it takes me 3-4 tries until it works.

But to answer your question, for me, NYGM is more stable in this regard. But with any of them the more mods you add, the greater the chance of problems in my experience.

p.s. Your English is very good.

Hello sir!
I just want to play from 39 to 45 without problems...
What do you think about War Ace Campaign? apparently the updated it in 2017 so... I dont know but thanks for your answer!

John Pancoast 10-12-19 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisfe (Post 2631866)
Hello sir!
What do you think about War Ace Campaign? apparently the updated it in 2017 so... I dont know but thanks for your answer!

My pc can't handle War Ace or LSH easily so I haven't spent time in them.

Again, just remember; the more one adds to the game, the greater the chance of stability problems.

In my experience. One's computer specs are a large part of that too I believe.

Fifi 10-12-19 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisfe (Post 2631866)
Hello sir!

WAC 5.2 is quite stable and is a good improvement to previous version 5.
Probably the best SH3 ever :yep:
In counterpart, you need a powerful rig to handle it with plenty RAM and LAA application or the 4GB patch.
Up to 7 minutes for saves loading times here.

John Pancoast 10-12-19 09:45 AM

Here's something I just stumbled upon for GWX. Going to give it a try myself.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=1536

luisfe 10-12-19 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2631905)
WAC 5.2 is quite stable and is a good improvement to previous version 5.
Probably the best SH3 ever :yep:
In counterpart, you need a powerful rig to handle it with plenty RAM and LAA application or the 4GB patch.
Up to 7 minutes for saves loading times here.

Thanks sir! Im goin to try the WAC. If this one also crash, then Ill try NYGN
thank you everyone for answer!!