SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 install issue (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249124)

Sniper450 04-10-21 09:33 AM

SH5 install issue

I am trying to install SH5 on a computer that used to run SH5 with TWoS less than a year ago. I had to uninstall them to make room but have freed up more room to put it back on. I have a digital download from amazon for the game. I install the game and can then update it to 1.2 successfully. When I try to start the game to see if it all works, it attempts to connect to Ubisoft and then I get a message about something not being available. Any thoughts or suggestions?

ingsoc39 04-10-21 05:14 PM

I recently went through some game mod install issues which were entirely my fault. I was able to download the ubisoft connect version and steam, settled with the ubisoft. Can you post a screenshot of the error message with gyazo or something like that?

Sniper450 04-10-21 10:19 PM

I have been reading through a ton of posts and found an odd solution to the problem. When I get the message about the internet not bring available, I hit ESC twice and it seems to work fine. It happens every time I load a new or saved campaign. It just seems odd that it’s such a interesting solution.

les green01 04-10-21 10:51 PM

if it install and updated you shouldn't have to be on the net

Sniper450 04-11-21 09:04 AM

I agree! Not sure why it’s having the issues but at least there seems to be a solution with the ESC key.

Justin Case 05-10-21 06:35 PM

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me...and Ubisoft is useless...

les green01 05-10-21 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Case (Post 2747128)

where did you get the game at and what is it doing

3catcircus 05-12-21 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Case (Post 2747128)

Uninstall Uplay, download the current version of it and install that.

Undeniable Badger 05-16-21 11:46 PM

I would appreciate a response to this. After years ago playing Silent Hunter 5 for a brief period via Steam, I have not had the program installed on my computer.

Tonight, on a new laptop that has never had it installed, I installed via steam and got the "unable to connect to Ubisoft service"

I then installed the most recent version of the Ubisoft Launcher, it is no longer called Uplay but it is the successor of that program.

It is now giving me an error message entitled "the launcher cannot be started directly" which reads "please start the game you want to play instead"

No amount of reinstalling any of the involved programs is fixing this. I have attempted to launch the game thru steam, thru Ubisort, and thru the game's exe. Everything results in that message.

WTF is going on here?