SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Repaired but going down (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254247)

foo_jam2002 12-21-22 06:14 PM

Repaired but going down

I am playing the game again after 1 1/2 years. I have some experience with the game. So, my sub was hit by aeroplanes. I repaired everything and i surfaced by blowing the ballast. It was the only way. Now that i dove into periscope depth, my sub just keeps going down. No way to go up or to maintain depth. Could someone give me some help here? I don't want to abandon the game again. I use the grey wolves version.

Hooston 12-22-22 06:44 PM

Dive planes?

Sounds like both sets of dive planes are destroyed. Have a close look at the equipment status text for the forward and rear compartments on the crew page, might have to scroll the list a bit with the little triangles in the corner.

I've never had both front and rear planes destroyed, I vaguely remember losing one set just slows dive times.
Maybe try reverse to drive the boat to the surface? A bit of a long shot I'm afraid. Otherwise time to blow ballast and try to get home on the surface. Or surrender...

I sometimes get very sluggish engines or periscopes stuck, which may be the HSie mod or may be a bug! Sometimes saving the game and reloading clears these. Another thing to try.

bstanko6 12-23-22 07:42 PM

It’s rare to be attacked by a plane and not have a leak in the pressure hull. I never recommend attacking or waiting to be attacked by a plane. It’s just not worth it.

foo_jam2002 12-24-22 10:56 AM

I never said that i attacked the planes or that i waited for them to attack me. I was just caught off guard. If i return to Kiel without having patrolled at the designated area, will i be able to get a new mission?

CapZap1970 12-24-22 11:43 AM

Yes, you will... Just in case, patrolling the designated area is to gain some extra renown. If you don't, you won't get penalized or anything like that.
:03:

foo_jam2002 12-25-22 05:54 AM

Thank you, i'll try what Hooston suggests and if it fails, i'll return to base. If i am not attacked again, that is.

yasti 01-03-23 05:47 PM

Also worth checking if you still have water in the previously damaged compartments. Put some repair crew in it to clear it out

Hooston 01-05-23 04:23 PM

Takes me back to that scene in Das Boot where the boat is stuck on the bottom and everyone has lost hope. Chiefy disappears for some hours, then comes back with the answer. Must have been really difficult to get an internet connection from the bottom of the Med in 1941.

Pisces 01-06-23 06:47 PM

There is also a bug with SH3 that when you press the crash dive key, it will force the boat to dive to a depth of 70-80 meters. If you try to interupt that by clicking on a different depth then that won't work. It will try to finish the crash dive. So just let it go unless it is too shallow. And then I don't know how to solve this.

Fifi 01-07-23 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2846241)
There is also a bug with SH3 that when you press the crash dive key, it will force the boat to dive to a depth of 70-80 meters. If you try to interupt that by clicking on a different depth then that won't work. It will try to finish the crash dive. So just let it go unless it is too shallow. And then I don't know how to solve this.

I think Hsie patch has solved it… since then, never ever got this trouble :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

Andrewsdad 01-15-23 06:18 PM

Be sure that your Main Pump is not damaged. If it is not functioning then you cannot get the water out. I make it the priority repair of it is damaged. Good Luck !!
AD

Pisces 01-16-23 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2846269)
I think Hsie patch has solved it… since then, never ever got this trouble :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

Maybe, but is foo_jam2002 using that?