SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] VIIB hydro&speed fix (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165478)

Kromus 03-19-10 11:42 AM

[REL] VIIB&VIIC hydro&speed fix 1.2.1

Hello,

this is my first mod I hope it will address some issues

v1.2.1:

1.Surface depth fixed (VIIC)

v 1.2:

1.Added type VIIC with same little fixes

v 1.1.1:

1.External torpedo reloading time fixed once more...

v 1.1:

1.Very slightly improved underwater performance

2.Changed surface/underwater range and speed, http://www.uboat.net/

3. Ahead Full is now 14 knots instead of 15

v 1.0:

1.U-boot will hold depth at 140m w/o using engines (tested up to 180 at half speed will hold 180 pretty much).

2.Stabilizing (jumping up & down) after surfacing wont take few minutes like before.

3.Changed values for different speeds on surface (half speed will be more fuel efficient 10 knots instead of 12 knots default)

4.Fixed external torpedo loading time to 100 minutes instead of 6.6 default

Instalation:
JSGME compatible or copy manually in data/submarine/NSS_Uboat7b directory *.sim and *.cfg files (Don`t forget to backup those 2 files)

Have fun!

Link:

http://www.filefront.com/15886483/VI...fix_v1.2.1.zip

Credits to HanSolo78`s work for basic *.sim files which I further edited.

GDFTigerTank 03-19-10 12:35 PM

Does this mod conflict with the Improved Pitch and Roll V1.1 Mod released by HanSolo87?

If so, can this PLEASE be integrated! :yep: - both mod the same sub .sim files
OR
Did you already read my mind and this is already integrated? :D

Furia 03-19-10 12:37 PM

I am always thankful for modders to help to improve the games.

Thanks.

However, I have to say that the fact the sub needs some forward movement to keep the sub trimed it is true.

Usually those subs had a slight negative buoyancy that was countered with the use of the dive planes and some forward speed even a minimum one.

Anyway I am sure some TC lovers would appreciate this MOD
:cool:

GDFTigerTank 03-19-10 12:46 PM

The problem is finding a balance that allows trim at 1 knt silent running and not at 0.

I think it's far better to have it work at 0 knts @ at 140m then to have it the other way and not be able to run silent at all at that depth.

Hopefully people will continue to be able to tweak these settings so that the max depth of the subs for maintaining silent running can be pushed to 200 - which is what Silent Hunter IV eventually allowed with mod.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the penalty of having to go half or full speed below 200m in return for a well modeled depth system above that because honestly how often other than in the very deepest parts of the Atlantic is that sort of depth available?

BTW - Is the only software required to open and play with these settings the goblin editor?

Kromus 03-19-10 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDFTigerTank (Post 1323923)
Does this mod conflict with the Improved Pitch and Roll V1.1 Mod released by HanSolo87?

If so, can this PLEASE be integrated! :yep: - both mod the same sub .sim files
OR
Did you already read my mind and this is already integrated? :D

Yes, it is HanSolo *.sim file modified (but I`m not sure if it will affect surface physics).

All I was trying to accomplish was removing of annoying effect of diving to periscope depth in VIIB and u-boot still fell about 4-5 meters deeper and then slowly surfaced to P depth. Same goes with surfacing when u-boot was like "diving" in and out of water for some time.

I`d be happy if anyone could make this even better since I`m not sure how much is hovering at 140m with engines off realistic

GDFTigerTank: Yes, I was using only Goblin Editor.

vanvar1987 03-19-10 03:01 PM

It would be nice if all the boats could hold there depth at 140. Nice work by the way!!!

Kromus 03-19-10 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furia (Post 1323929)
I am always thankful for modders to help to improve the games.

Thanks.

However, I have to say that the fact the sub needs some forward movement to keep the sub trimed it is true.

Usually those subs had a slight negative buoyancy that was countered with the use of the dive planes and some forward speed even a minimum one.

Anyway I am sure some TC lovers would appreciate this MOD
:cool:

I was trying but no luck doing as you said it still starts to fall down too much or holds depth too much when tweaking those numbers.

I`d be really happy if someone could make 100% real underwater behavior of these subs but now they won`t fall into oblivion at 180m this way at least :)

vickers03 03-20-10 07:43 AM

i always thought the uboats had a slightly positive
bouyancy submerged.

"Quick Diving Tank: When filled (in conjunction with the main ballast tanks)
- changes buoyancy from very slightly positive to very negative
in order to enable the boat to dive quickly as soon as the boat is headed down
it is emptied to bring the boat to very slightly positive buoyancy"

so all you would have to do is reduce submerged displacement a little bit, i set it to 716 (surfaced
is 629) and got a slightly positive bouyancy when not moving.