SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 04-24-10 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1371828)
Hi again,

made as you described, its working. :up:

LC

That's fantastic LC :up:
if you do not get 3 CPUs with 3 111 then try 3 1110 add a zero after the
third 1. The zero will allow the system a CPU to run things like sound an
among other things.

Good job! :salute:

ZW

doug770 04-24-10 04:29 PM

Hey Zee Wolf

You know by now that I donated the $60.00 to your efforts.
I think T34 vs. tiger is one of the best sims out there, but the way it was put together was very bland.

When it's ready to go, download me the link and I'll se if I can get it to work..

I'm pretty good at tinkering with these programs.

I play Sword of the Stars,. Fallout 3, Oblivion ,B17 , and a few good flight sims.
I thing they are Russian made but it's good.

ZeeWolf 04-24-10 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug770 (Post 1372388)
You know by now that I donated the $60.00 to your efforts.
I think T34 vs. tiger is one of the best sims out there, but the way it was put together was very bland.

When it's ready to go, download me the link and I'll se if I can get it to work..

I'm pretty good at tinkering with these programs.

I play Sword of the Stars,. Fallout 3, Oblivion ,B17 , and a few good flight sims.
I thing they are Russian made but it's good.

Greetings doug770,
I just sent you your Project ZeeWolf welcome message, make sure you
return it so I know your e-mail address is good and I will sent you the link
to your first (275mg) ZW download. This file is the foundation for all future
downloads and must be installed over a default T34 vs Tiger install with
no other mods.

Forwards Kamerad :salute:

ZW

doug770 04-24-10 06:26 PM

That was fast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1372413)
Greetings doug770,
I just sent you your Project ZeeWolf welcome message, make sure you
return it so I know your e-mail address is good and I will sent you the link
to your first (275mg) ZW download. This file is the foundation for all future
downloads and must be installed over a default T34 vs Tiger install with
no other mods.

Forwards Kamerad :salute:

ZW

Got it Chief...will do

Just installed T34vs. Tiger on my new computer and getting the rust out of my gears..

frinik 04-24-10 11:33 PM

Kudos Zee and beta testers

Hello Fellow Zee Members, Kameraden and Tiger Kommandant,

I finished installing Zeeīs Pre Kursk Alpha Release and misison v3.Itīs wonderful.The improvemnts made to the game are impressive.The thumping of the shells hitting target, the artillery barrages finally TvsT has what had been sorely missing an Atmosphere!My fps have driopped a bit but between 8 to 22 at times the gam,e is playable.I am upgrading and will have my first desktop with 1.8 gigs of dedicated graphics 8 gigs ram and 1 terabyte hard drive.Only 2.8 gh processor-wise but it should be enough as my game runs well enough with my current 2.0 gig processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1024 shared graphic memory.

Anyway kudos to Zee he has pulled it off and we can look forward to a bright future of tanking( What about a celebration on the first aniversary of ZW īs membership on 31 January 2011 (Americans just reverse the first 2 numbers ;-)))).We could call it Tanks Giving:D

Thank you beta testers too for the outstanding work you are doing.Lc, Morty, Eddie, Chucky ( does every beta tester has to have a name ending with the sound ee???:hmmm:).You guys are ploughing ahead helping Zee tremendously and making sure the rest of us have the best to play:yeah:

Cheers

morttheslayer 04-25-10 04:10 AM

Glad you're back with the pack Frinic

HI Frinic thought you'd be back soon ! :D Can't keep a good man down.

Yes massive lift to whole game, I'm planning a better graphics card maybe mid-end this year. Like you I think my CPUs adequate for this game but the graphics are behind from what I see in my testing (awaiting new Nvidea launch as well to compare). Also very helpful to gauge my performance and compare my hardware (and software sometimes) to others; like yourself, Lc, Eddie and KdF.

By the way when you say your FPS is up 8-22, I assume you are referring to Zees "lighter" mission not the initial more units/avction version??
I mean if you're getting 8-22 on the first release you're doing really great.

Over and out for now - Mort :salute:

I reackon Zee's PC is completely worn out now :haha: the keyboard must be smoking!!!!!!

frinik 04-25-10 07:14 AM

Missions are not more intense?

Well Eddie that whatīs puzzling me I do have the PRe Kursk Alpha v1 release installed successfully but I dont see more action .I have played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki, Defending simashkovo, Hill 500 and Tigers break Out and I havenīt noticed more action.You have KV85s in Tigers Shake Kurtenki, nice artillery barrage in the first Soviet mission and a nice cloudy stormy sky in Tiger Trap*Soviet mission very nice effect Zee( but more action)Otherwise no, not more tanks than usual?Am I missing something?

BTW I average 18/20 in the old TvsT missions and only 10 to 11 in Zee's made missions.

Thankj you Morty good to be greeted.Keep up the good work on behalf of us all:yeah:

Cheers

LcSummers 04-25-10 08:28 AM

Functioning

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1372135)
That's fantastic LC :up:
if you do not get 3 CPUs with 3 111 then try 3 1110 add a zero after the
third 1. The zero will allow the system a CPU to run things like sound an
among other things.

Good job! :salute:

ZW

Hi"gh" ZW,

It is working either way. If there are three of a kind 111 or 1110. It doesent matter what am i tipping the result is th same:

ALL CPUs

CPU "0"
CPU "1" Checked
CPU "2"Checked
CPU "3"Checked

Thats it. Thank you and Vorwaerts.

LC

PS: Should the last one CPU "3" unchecked and CPU "0"Checked ?

LcSummers 04-25-10 08:45 AM

WOW

[QUOTE=frinik;1372631]Hello Fellow Zee Members, Kameraden and Tiger Kommandant,

I finished installing Zeeīs Pre Kursk Alpha Release and misison v3.Itīs wonderful.The improvemnts made to the game are impressive.The thumping of the shells hitting target, the artillery barrages finally TvsT has what had been sorely missing an Atmosphere!My fps have driopped a bit but between 8 to 22 at times the gam,e is playable.I am upgrading and will have my first desktop with 1.8 gigs of dedicated graphics 8 gigs ram and 1 terabyte hard drive.Only 2.8 gh processor-wise but it should be enough as my game runs well enough with my current 2.0 gig processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1024 shared graphic memory.

Hi frinic,

do we have a super gamer with high end pc? Cool, now you can give us two hands and help us in testing. COOL:up:

Do you have an 64 bit OS? Wich one Vista or Win7?

Nice to have you back with full equipment.

Roger over and out

LC :yawn:

eddie 04-25-10 09:09 AM

frinik, I was talking about the intense artillery fire in the Kursk mission, I enjoyed it myself! Running across the steppes of that area not knowing if the next round is going to hit you, blasts going off everywhere,lol A round hits close, shrapnel and dirt hitting the tank so hard you can hear it and practically feel it too!

It had to be like that I would think, the Russians opening up with about everything they had when the attack started. You can zig zag across those fields and think to yourself that they couldn't possibly hit a moving target like that, but I wouldn't bet on it!:D

ZW did a great job with that end of things, that's why I enjoy the earlier version!:rock:

frinik 04-25-10 10:41 AM

Changes?

Sorry Eddie but I don't have a Kursk Mission only the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 and mission v3 which Zee said is actually a stock mission which has been reworked.May be because you are a beta tester you got to play one of the Kursk missions which I have yet to get?This is all unclear to me and certainly to others too which is why Zee is going to make a post to clarify things for all of us ebcause with all the releases, pre release, new missions not to mention the old Xmas gift and then mission 6 for members and another one for non members etc it's getting confusing because is you're not a tester at times it's impossible to know if your install is successful as the changes may be subtle and not obvious unless you are actually told what they are.The Pre Kursk Release is an example that comes to mind.

Anyway it's time to take stock and find otu where we are exactly.

Cheers

BlueMind 04-25-10 03:54 PM

Hello all...
...after one week without playing TvsT or any else other game (RL take a lot of my time), I tried the last Kursk mission for low end PC :O:
It's sure the game is more playable for me. I have about 1 or 2 FPS more than the previous version. After it, I tried the prioaff.exe and it give me too 1 or 2 FPS more (is it configured with 3 processor - 111). Finaly, the gain is approximately 3 FPS. Nice :yeah:

Now, I can play this mission with 7-8 FPS (with some drops to 5 but not for a long time) and still much more playable than before (I was around 5 FPS) !

I was just a little disapointed when I reached the village (to take some cover against ennemy tanks) and the mission ends up successfully... but all tanks was not destroyed :wah: (they contined to fire in my direction but I couldn't do anything). Doesn't matter...

After switching between external views (when the mission was finished), I noticed some mortars outside the trenches or turned upside our positions. Except that, all seems ok... besides the sight problem wich is allways present. I just would notice one thing however: as we not see how many crew members is present for each artillery gun (at long range), you can put less, around 3 for each instead of 5. Maybe that would increase a little the FPS...

Almost forgot... sometimes I see units through hills, I had this problem before (with the original game, without ZeeWolf extension) and some flying in the air. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or a problem with my graphic card... I expect my new one soon so I will see if anything change.

Nice work... keep the good way !

Short movie I made about Project ZeeWolf (during some test with my new version of Pinnacle Studio): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cp36DuXpDk

ZeeWolf 04-25-10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMind (Post 1373251)
Hello all...
...after one week without playing TvsT or any else other game (RL take a lot of my time), I tried the last Kursk mission for low end PC :O:
It's sure the game is more playable for me. I have about 1 or 2 FPS more than the previous version. After it, I tried the prioaff.exe and it give me too 1 or 2 FPS more (is it configured with 3 processor - 111). Finaly, the gain is approximately 3 FPS. Nice :yeah:

Now, I can play this mission with 7-8 FPS (with some drops to 5 but not for a long time) and still much more playable than before (I was around 5 FPS) !

I was just a little disapointed when I reached the village (to take some cover against ennemy tanks) and the mission ends up successfully... but all tanks was not destroyed :wah: (they contined to fire in my direction but I couldn't do anything). Doesn't matter...

After switching between external views (when the mission was finished), I noticed some mortars outside the trenches or turned upside our positions. Except that, all seems ok... besides the sight problem wich is allways present. I just would notice one thing however: as we not see how many crew members is present for each artillery gun (at long range), you can put less, around 3 for each instead of 5. Maybe that would increase a little the FPS...

Almost forgot... sometimes I see units through hills, I had this problem before (with the original game, without ZeeWolf extension) and some flying in the air. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or a problem with my graphic card... I expect my new one soon so I will see if anything change.

Nice work... keep the good way !

Short movie I made about Project ZeeWolf (during some test with my new version of Pinnacle Studio): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cp36DuXpDk

WOW!That is awesome BlueMind! :rock:

You ROCK man! :o

ZW :salute:

Wilcke 04-28-10 10:25 AM

Is there a projected release date for members? We are waiting anxiously to try Kursk out!

Thanks!

Baifo 04-28-10 10:45 AM

Considering buying

First of all, apologies for my English. Im from Canary Islands, so I speak spanish. Here I go! I have only played a game/simulator in my life (And I am 46 years old!): WWII online-Battleground Europe. I am a Apple user since 1989 and allways used my Macs for profesional pourposes, but four years ago a friend told me about a game/simulator you can run in a mac that was popular and included a good tank simulation, which for me is the most important point . Now, after 4 years playing B.E. and having bought a PC for gaming, I am looking for a change. My friends in B.E. have told me to go for SB PRO PE or T vs T with your developments. Your simulator seems to be nicer, bu I have a couple of questions:
- Do you have to pay 60 € every year?
- Is there a community to play with online?

PRO PE seems to have a big community to play online with, but graphics are poor and I am not sure if you have to pay yearly.

Well, I look forward to hear from you.
Hasta la vista!

Baifo