SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

frinik 10-19-10 07:11 AM

PC Specs

Hi Knispel( as in the great Kurt Knispel, the greatest tank ace of WWII and indeed of history???Not the overrated Waffen SS darling of the crowd M. Witmann?????)

My pc specs are processor Intel ci 550, 2.80 gigahertz , 8 gigabytes of RAM,a one Terabyte HD, and my graphic card is an Sapphire HD 5550 ultimate, 1gig of ddr2 memory( my greatest error never go under ddr3 when it comes to gpus).Not a bad machine but my GPU defintely needs to be upgraded. I'll go for an ATI HD5570, with 1 gigabyte of DDR5 and 58.4 gb/second of data speed. The best in it's class for less than $ 90.

The new missions and reworked old ones are impressive.The good news is thta campaign missions both new and Zee-made are not tough on fps.However to play the the Kursk ones you'll need solid specs.

Cheers

LcSummers 10-19-10 01:34 PM

Problems

Hi ZW,

i had problems with google and mozila, so i switched to ie8. Now its possible to write some comments. Gopgle blocked me.

LcSummers 10-19-10 01:37 PM

Thats what i said.

[QUOTE=frinik;1517654]Hi Zee;

My very last report. I played Kursk mission 3 and is it ever harrowing!!!!!! But it's worth it.Lots of tanks, ideal landscape for ambushes, great fun but 2 issues to report.

1) Superhuman AI which took me out through thick wood with 200 metres of my starting point with accurate marksmanship!!!! My Tiger disabled I started the mission again this time going through the woods to flank the Sovs. No matter again I was shot at through dense forest....They can still see you while you can't see them!I wonder if turning off the AI accuracy scaler that you have in the game menu really makes a difference?

Finally I had enough and decided to cheat a little...I became invulnerable and had the pleasure of blasting away at enemy armour and AT guns with total impunity.My Tiger had 59 shell impacts at the end of the successful mission and looked like a perfect Swiss Emmenthaler cheese.....

Hi Frinic, thats what i said.

The AI in Kursk Mission 3 is too superior. Its impossible to shoot at them, cause they see you from 1600 meters and kill you.

first of all i must apologize, cause playing the new mission a second time it was different in any kind.

The first time i was following the other tannks, wich were taken a shortcut through the forrest. Teh second time they didi it again. Following the tanks leads you in that position wich i didnt want to be. So speaking clearly i saw only trees, a shot from left, a shot from right and so on. This way its impossible to see even to fight the enemy tanks. :wah:

I decided to follow the road. This way it was another feeling and now i liked it very much ZW, It is realy hard but great.:D

LC

ZeeWolf 10-19-10 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1517654)
Hi Zee;

My very last report. I played Kursk mission 3 and is it ever harrowing!!!!!! But it's worth it.Lots of tanks, ideal landscape for ambushes, great fun but 2 issues to report.

1) Superhuman AI which took me out through thick wood with 200 metres of my starting point with accurate marksmanship!!!! My Tiger disabled I started the mission again this time going through the woods to flank the Sovs. No matter again I was shot at through dense forest....They can still see you while you can't see them!I wonder if turning off the AI accuracy scaler that you have in the game menu really makes a difference?

Finally I had enough and decided to cheat a little...I became invulnerable and had the pleasure of blasting away at enemy armour and AT guns with total impunity.My Tiger had 59 shell impacts at the end of the successful mission and looked like a perfect Swiss Emmenthaler cheese.....

2) minor issue in the after game tabbing only the SU122s and T34s are shown; the Soviet 122 mm guns and SU152s are left out.

The 3 Kursk missions, and the new first Soviet missions are excellent.Action oriented, lots of action however my fps took a dive(5.8 to 10.1) with Kursk/Dubovna due to large number of units present on the map.You'll need strong specs to play it smooothly.I also replayed Escaping Red Army Pincers which I also enjoyed taking out 5 Soviet tanks at between 3400 to 3800 metres before rushing up and finishing another 11 at 1600 metres and less. My tank was disabled but I destroyed 16 enemy tanks...

Zee; do you have any [plans to introduce T34/76 (Beutepanzer T34/7r) booty tanks captured by the Germans in the Kursk missions? I think quite a few were used during Zitadelle...

Another question; where in the game folders do you find the technical files dealing with muzzle velocity, ammo complement, speed, armour and gun specs of each tank?

Mission accomplished; very interesting experience to be a tester....

Cheers
:salute:

Dear LC submerged,

I''ll gladly accept Panzer II duty as I saw the cute Panzer IIs created by ZeeWolf in the new missions zipping by nimbly while the lumbering Tigers were straining to go to the battlefield. I saw plenty of Tigers destroyed but no Panzer II....

I saw the radio antennas on the tanks and thought of you.:D

Hi frinik,
Make sure to install the "ZW_October_FIX_1" it has a new terrain map
that opens up the forest in the Kursk Mission 3. Please note that Kursk M3
has no heavy artillery units but it does have Soviet 120mm Mortars. These
Mortars will knock a Tiger out because of the angle of the 120mm round
comes down on top of the thinnest armor of the Tiger.
There is no plan on captured T34s in Kursk, but I do want to make a Soviet
Kursk Mission when I finish the t34 1943 Hard edge turret w/commanders
copula. I think the stock interior will work and be convincing and a perfect
fit.
The tech files folder is:
<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Scripts\Common

Now, concerning the enemy accuracy issue: You have to develop a
discipline to prob for enemy positions. And once you draw fire to use the
reverse gear and quickly back out of the kill zone. The Soviets created Kill
zones the were carefully and accurately dialed in. And you now have some
experience on how deadly they were.

Vorwärts Kameraden! :salute:

ZW

PS: If you are having trouble with logging on to the forum turn off in your
browsers security feature " Block_Reported Attack Sites " and LC e-mailed
me and said he is having trouble logging on the forum.

LcSummers 10-19-10 01:51 PM

Köszönöm

Hi ZW,

thanks for that advise, it really helped me.

Thanx

Quote:
browsers security feature " Block_Reported Attack Sites "[/QUOTE]

A question i asked for: Is it possible that some tanks are following me ( Kursk M3 ) and not the others through the woods. I realized, splitting up the Tigers is better as you can save losses.

LC

ZeeWolf 10-19-10 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1517873)
Hi ZW,

thanks for that advise, it really helped me.

Thanx

Quote:
browsers security feature " Block_Reported Attack Sites "

A question i asked for: Is it possible that some tanks are following me ( Kursk M3 ) and not the others through the woods. I realized, splitting up the Tigers is better as you can save losses.

LC[/QUOTE]

Hi LC,
There is a two pronged attack; one heads straight through the forest
toward Dubrova the other protects the right flank.:up:
And yes, I can give you a Tiger wing-man and a Hanomag to resupply
too. Is that what you mean? :)

Vor! :salute:

ZW

Priscalan 10-19-10 10:16 PM

Hi LC,

ZW[/QUOTE]

Hi ZEE,

Yes for me:haha:

cheers

ZeeWolf 10-19-10 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1518114)
Hi LC,

ZW

Hi ZEE,

Yes for me:haha:

cheers[/QUOTE]
Ok Priscalan, you will be promoted to Tiger 1301 and your wing-man will be
1302 and will have a Hanomag 251 C as Supply.

VOR! :salute:
ZW

LcSummers 10-20-10 01:16 AM

Hi LC,

ZW[/QUOTE]

Hi ZW,

yes this is what i mean but i need some more Tigers as those ones who are heading to Dubrova are many, can you talk with the Zugführer to give me some more tanks as i want to flank and attack the enemy from the right side.

OR you as the Panzer General can give me some tactics how to start the battle. Through the forrest is impossible. I cant see nothing and the enemy is tearing me apart in those woods.:salute:

LC

Priscalan 10-20-10 04:38 AM

Kursk mission 3

Hi Zee

My best score

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...1-09-23-22.jpg

it war very hard :yawn: :haha:

Very good mission, i like it

Fighterace 10-20-10 06:11 AM

Looking forward to the next release :)

When can we expect the next update?

Knightspel 10-20-10 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=frinik; Hi Knispel( as in the great Kurt Knispel, the greatest tank ace of WWII and indeed of history???Not the overrated Waffen SS darling of the crowd M. Witmann?????) My pc specs are processor Intel ci 550, 2.80 gigahertz , 8 gigabytes of RAM,a one Terabyte HD, and my graphic card is an Sapphire HD 5550 ultimate, 1gig of ddr2 memory( my greatest error never go under ddr3 when it comes to gpus).Not a bad machine but my GPU defintely needs to be upgraded. I'll go for an ATI HD5570, with 1 gigabyte of DDR5 and 58.4 gb/second of data speed. The best in it's class for less than $ 90. [/QUOTE]

Hi Frinik, Yes, Knispel is, and always will be the greatest tank ace of all time. And thats also where my nickname comes. Thank you for your system specs report. I'm planning to buy new computer at the beginning of 2011, that's why i'm curious how it run in different systems.

Cheers, Kni(ght)spel

Gigi69 10-21-10 05:29 AM

Hi , I,' new here from Italy.
I made today my 60 $ donation..... how many time for download ??
I'm on fire for playing your mod....
...excuse me for my english....
Luigi

Priscalan 10-21-10 07:57 AM

benvenuti

Benvenuti Luigi, :woot:

Siamo lieti di averti tra noi

avanti compagni!:salute:

ZeeWolf 10-21-10 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi69 (Post 1518847)
Hi , I,' new here from Italy.
I made today my 60 $ donation..... how many time for download ??
I'm on fire for playing your mod....
...excuse me for my english....
Luigi

Welcome aboard Luigi your welcome message is on the way :salute:
Cheers

ZW

PS:Please check your spam folder if you have not recieved it