SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134186)

Adriatico 04-18-08 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkubani
Hey OLC,

I would like to give you some constructive feedback if you don't mind. The upcoming mod looks great. I have noticed a new wave texture. In my opinion the foam is a bit of overkill. This type of thick foam would be ok for shore and beaches but not for open ocean. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your work.

After doing some YouTube "research" on this matter, I'm in agreement with you about the amount (if not the "type") of foam. Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure it's "overkill" with a nice texture... sea foam adds realistic feeling to sea... those vawes are not small (VIIc is not small fishing boat)

The other reason is that our eye is accustomed to "plastic sea" from SH3 stock...

Looking forward Maestro.

siber 04-18-08 09:43 AM

Erm, sorry to pester, but will this 'ubermod' be made to be compatible with GWX 2.1? I love your GUI, OLC, and can't wait to try the environment add-on. But is it worth holding off on them, hoping to use it with GWX 2.1, or should I stick with 2.0?

onelifecrisis 04-18-08 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siber
Erm, sorry to pester, but will this 'ubermod' be made to be compatible with GWX 2.1? I love your GUI, OLC, and can't wait to try the environment add-on. But is it worth holding off on them, hoping to use it with GWX 2.1, or should I stick with 2.0?

Yes it'll be 2.1 compatible.
What's more, it's almost ready. :up:

ichso 04-18-08 11:17 AM

The Gui 1.2.3 is already final - does that mean that there are no additional changes coming to the menu_1024...ini from the rest of the übermod ?

onelifecrisis 04-18-08 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichso
The Gui 1.2.3 is already final - does that mean that there are no additional changes coming to the menu_1024...ini from the rest of the übermod ?

Yes there are (minor) changes to the menu file in the Ubermod; they are described on post #1 of this thread.

siber 04-18-08 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Originally Posted by siber

Yes it'll be 2.1 compatible.
What's more, it's almost ready. :up:

Thanks man, I really appreciate your hard work! I'll hold off until your mod is ready.
GWX2.1 + OLC 'ubermod' = One fantastic Subsim game!

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 03:04 AM

I'm hoping to release today :yep:

ichso 04-19-08 04:55 AM

Whoa, the vid looks good.
Hoping that it's gonna be today too :)

Without wanting to annoy you or anything, but if you finished your work - and maybe took a little pause ;) - maybe you can help me a little with my problems of half of your OLC Gui ?

Or maybe I should start all over with the adaption of MFD to your Gui when the final version is released with this mod.

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichso
Whoa, the vid looks good.
Hoping that it's gonna be today too :)

Without wanting to annoy you or anything, but if you finished your work - and maybe took a little pause ;) - maybe you can help me a little with my pain in the [...] ?

Or maybe I should start all over with the adaption of MFD to your Gui when the final version is released with this mod.

I didn't take any pause since starting OLCE2, and after releasing it I would very much like to take one, but feel free to PM me with questions about the menu file.

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 07:05 AM

Ubermod Released!!!

See post #1 for the download link. :up:

It's not got a readme yet, but it's JSGME ready.

Phoenix3000 04-19-08 07:06 AM

Hi OLC!

This must be my lucky day!

I've not been around much thanks to work etc., and visited Subsim today only to see that GWX 2.1 has been released - and your soon-to-be-released OLCE mod!! :up:

Definitely looking forward to using it mate:smug:

Excellent all round :rock:

Cheers

Px3000

Edit - You posted the link when I was replying - Superb timing! Downloading now!

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix3000
Edit - You posted the link when I was replying - Superb timing! Downloading now!

lol! Definitely your lucky day :rock: well, assuming you like the Ubermod ;)

ReallyDedPoet 04-19-08 07:15 AM

Nice work on this one OLC :up:

RDP

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Nice work on this one OLC :up:

RDP

Thanks mate :D

Myxale 04-19-08 07:22 AM

It's OLC/E2/UM; It's Weekend and i have a lots of time on my hands!:rock:

Which means sailing in bliss! Till the tommies sink my boot!

Cheers! Mate! Kudos to your new baby!:ping::up: