SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Here we go again-Ukraine once again (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249066)

mapuc 04-07-21 10:47 AM

I could be wrong, but Catfish thread(this one) doesn't it somehow go well together with my thread ??

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=249066

Markus

Catfish 04-07-21 03:52 PM

^ you are right, if the threads could be merged please?

Platapus 04-07-21 04:30 PM

Ukraine
North Atlantic

:timeout::hmmm::hmmm:

mapuc 04-07-21 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2741153)
^ you are right, if the threads could be merged please?

Not only merge them, also make some changes in the headlines.

E.g
Here we go again-Ukraine once again, want to speed up Nato membership

Only a proposal

Markus

Jimbuna 04-08-21 04:57 AM

Threads merged.

Catfish 04-08-21 05:27 AM

^ Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2741157)
Ukraine
North Atlantic
:timeout::hmmm::hmmm:

Well it is about the always quoted worldwide "full-spectrum dominance", and it is not the NATO as a whole that sets the goals, but what its main member (read USA) decides. Freedom has to be defended [sic] everywhere and pre-emptive, from Afghanistan to Nicaragua, to the Pacific, and tomorrow from the the world :03:

Onkel Neal 04-08-21 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2740265)
I really hope the US does not sent troops to the Ukraine.

Can you imagine if Trump had done that. :ping:

Skybird 04-08-21 02:26 PM

And there we go again...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56678665

Rockstar 04-08-21 03:33 PM

Gee I hope we dont send U.S. troops to the Ukraine either. :roll: We had a chance to inquire and question, we had a chance to find out what may have come of better relations. Instead war profiteers, headlines, political hacks, and fanboys deemed it a bad idea and collusion. And the lemmings swallowed the pill.
Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only "stupid" people, or fools, would think that it is bad! We.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2017

Catfish 04-08-21 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2741220)
Can you imagine if Trump had done that. :ping:

:haha: Ok
But then he never would have done it, no instant triumph and nothing to gain in the eyes of his followers, so also not for him personally.

mapuc 04-08-21 04:28 PM

The former President was a President, a little majority of the American voters disliked and whatever he did or didn't was wrong according to every ordinary person's expertise.

Had former President sent troops to Ukraine-A verbal havoc would have occurred.

Today USA have a President which seems to be liked if he choose to send troops to Ukraine - A verbal congratulations would arise

Clap-Clap-Clap...Right thing to do, bla bla bla. He is by all mean the best President we have, bla bla bla.

So you see it's not the question whether it's correct or not, it is a question about whether the President is popular or not.

I'm talking about what politicians, media and people outside USA would think.

Markus

Catfish 04-08-21 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2741283)
Gee I hope we dont send U.S. troops to the Ukraine either. :roll: We had a chance to inquire and question, we had a chance to find out what may have come of better relations. Instead war profiteers, headlines, political hacks, and fanboys deemed it a bad idea and collusion. And the lemmings swallowed the pill.

Well the CIA was there but it seems it did not help much at that time. I have no idea whether it would be a good idea or not to send troops to Ukraine now.
On one hand Russia might feel provoked, on the other hand it might think it could have a walk-over and annex the rest of the Ukraine as easy as it did last time, "defending" the "real" russian population.
Strategically spoken, Ukraine is close to Bulgaria, Turkey and Syriah. But then Russia already has invaded parts of the Ukraine and "secured" Sevastopol for itself.
Quote:

Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only "stupid" people, or fools, would think that it is bad! We.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2017

So you approve Nord stream II i guess? Like Trump? :D

Rockstar 04-08-21 05:23 PM

Approve of Nord Stream 2? To a certain extent I do, as peace, trade and commerce, is in my opinion always a better alternative than to amassing troops and tanks at neighboring borders. However if we did establish better relations with Russia there is no guarantee Nord Stream 2 would be completed. We might convince Russia to continue the flow of energy through Ukraine instead of Germany. Remember the original reason for NATO is to keep the Russians out and Germany down. :D

Luckily for Germany though the military industrial complex and its profiteers convinced everyone Trump had to go. Trade and better relations were not what the Generals wanted. The headlines did say Trump should listen to his Generals! Meanwhile Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Finland enjoy trade and allow Putin's Nord Stream 2 project to lay pipe in their waters.

And now everyone in the U.S. is sitting around with their thumbs up their butt hoping we dont send troops into Ukraine :roll:. Which baffles the hell out of me because that's exactly what they voted for. Because you know... Trump bad man :har:

mapuc 04-08-21 06:00 PM

A little off topic question

Have a discussion with a friend, who says that NATO have about 15 times more material and soldiers than Russia have.

Have tried to find a special article or video clip where some Danish expert on European military said in an interview on Danish tv some years ago

(From memory)
When it comes to Europe - Russia is stronger, if you count USA as a part of NATO, NATO is stronger.

Which of these two is correct ?

Markus

les green01 04-08-21 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2741307)
A little off topic question

Have a discussion with a friend, who says that NATO have about 15 times more material and soldiers than Russia have.

Have tried to find a special article or video clip where some Danish expert on European military said in an interview on Danish tv some years ago

(From memory)
When it comes to Europe - Russia is stronger, if you count USA as a part of NATO, NATO is stronger.

Which of these two is correct ?

Markus

US is a part of NATO NATO has 30 countries
https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/nato_countries.htm