SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Commander is broken for me? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248637)

Roebuck 02-26-21 10:33 PM

SH3 Commander is broken for me?

1 Attachment(s)
Whenever I try to use SH3 Commander, it doesn't let me select a flotilla or anything. Then when I look an existing career, everything is errors. When I try to launch the game itself, it crashes. I just uninstalled the game and all of the mods, then redownloaded everything again. After all that, it does the same thing. Anyone know what's up with this?

Mods I'm using:
GWX
SH3 Commander
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
Rbs_SH4_effects
LifeBoatsDebris_v4
UBoat Compilation (Part 1, part , skins, new guns rework, fixallsub)

John Pancoast 02-26-21 10:50 PM

Do a re-install again *including* deleting the career info. stored in your "my documents" or similar path. I would also just start with GWX and Commander itself, make sure all is ok, and go from there.
Hopefully you realize, that Commander is not a mod but a separate program and does not get installed via JSGME ?

3catcircus 02-27-21 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roebuck (Post 2732823)
Whenever I try to use SH3 Commander, it doesn't let me select a flotilla or anything. Then when I look an existing career, everything is errors. When I try to launch the game itself, it crashes. I just uninstalled the game and all of the mods, then redownloaded everything again. After all that, it does the same thing. Anyone know what's up with this?

Mods I'm using:
GWX
SH3 Commander
Rbs_SH4_effects
LifeBoatsDebris_v4

How many different SH3 installs? If you used multicopy to create a separate GWX install? Did you run GWX once by itself to have it create the save folder? Did you then direct SH3 Commander to the correct save game folder?

John Pancoast 02-27-21 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2732895)
How many different SH3 installs? If you used multicopy to create a separate GWX install? Did you run GWX once by itself to have it create the save folder? Did you then direct SH3 Commander to the correct save game folder?

Commander should be directed to the game install path.

CapZap1970 02-27-21 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roebuck (Post 2732823)

Mods I'm using:
GWX
SH3 Commander
Rbs_SH4_effects
LifeBoatsDebris_v4

Sounds a lot like a corrupted install.... :hmmm:
Happened to me once and the only way I found to fix it was a complete reinstall, just as John Pancoast said... :yep:

3catcircus 02-27-21 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2732899)
Commander should be directed to the game install path.

My mistake. It's still needs to go to the right folder if there are multiple installs.

John Pancoast 03-01-21 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2732939)
My mistake. It's still needs to go to the right folder if there are multiple installs.

:up: