SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

Phoenix3000 10-01-12 09:39 AM

Which ini file?

Hi everyone.

I have a question about a re-install of SH3 and NYGM - particularly the editing of the menu_1024_768.ini file.

Right now my mod list in JSGME is as follows. I have placed a (G) next to those that appear grey in JSGME:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 - Stand Alone Version - (G)
NYGM3_New - (G)
NYGM3_6B - (G)
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod - (G)
NYGM HiRes Submarines
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Restore Gods Eye View - (G)
Single Merchant Contact Mod
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
DBSM - (G)
DBSM_SH3_Speech_Fix

I have installed the NYGM files according to this install procedure: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/

I appear to have correctly patched my SH3.exe file with the first and second of Stiebler's downloads, but here's where my question lies - which menu_1024_768.ini file do I edit?

Looking through the list from bottom to top the first ini file is located in the Hitman Optics mod - do I use that one?

I also see one in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII\data\Menu folder. Which one is it? I plan to copy it, edit it accordingly, and put it back via JSGME, so it will effectively be the last added to the mod list above.

I hope this question makes sense. :)

Thanks for your help guys!

PX3000

Stiebler 10-01-12 10:51 AM

@Phoenix3000:
Edit the file in the folder that is installed last.

Of course, not every folder installed with JSGME contains the menu_1024_768.ini file, but copy this file (from the last installed folder which does include it) into the folder that you will install last of all with JSGME.

The very last folder should be:
Either Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
OR Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed) (which you should install AFTER Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, and which contains already its own menu_1024_768.ini file)

I recommend use of Hitman's Optics mod, it is a big help in the game.

Stiebler.

Phoenix3000 10-01-12 02:06 PM

@Stiebler, many thanks for the clarification. :up:

I will re-arrange my mod list and install Hitman's Optics mod last, right now it's seventh in the list.

Once done I'll edit Hitman's menu_1024_768 file, hopefully I'll get all the changes right. :)

Thanks again!

Sepp von Ch. 10-17-12 10:55 AM

And is there any news about Q-ships and blimps for US coast for NYGM?;)

Sepp von Ch. 10-19-12 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 988877)
if there is ineterest for a printable ship-ID-manual (pdf format) for NYGM, please let me know.

Hello h.sie, can you please send me the printable ID manual for NYGM?

Silenthuntsman 12-07-12 01:40 PM

Nice Mod

Thanks

Magic1111 12-12-12 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenthuntsman (Post 1971936)
Nice Mod

Thanks

:salute::salute:Welcome aboard!!!:salute::salute:

Sittingwolf 02-07-13 11:54 AM

@ Stiebler,

Ahoy mate. Do I have to apply that supplement to V16B1 located in the main h.sie's V16B1 folder? What actually does it do or change? and if I have to apply that do I have to do that before Stiebler's4B addon for V16B1 so all the fixes work correctly then?
Sorry if that question was asked before but I couldn't find anything in the V16B1 manual and possibly forum now.

Cheers for that :salute:

EnigmaMan 02-09-13 04:56 AM

I just started playing this mod. I might just be paranoid but the green bar that goes across the command room and the others; shouldn't it go pretty much the whole way across the top when you have more then guy with the same qual like in the original and GWX?

Jimbuna 02-09-13 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenthuntsman (Post 1971936)
Nice Mod

Thanks

Welcome :sunny:

Stiebler 02-09-13 06:39 AM

@SittingWolf:
Yes, you MUST apply H.sie's "supplement to V16B1" folder located in the main H.sie's V16B1 folder. I can't remember now what its purpose is, but you must have it.

The Stiebler 4B patch is then applied afterwards, and it will overwrite some of H.sie's files.

@EnigmaMan:
I'm not sure to what 'green bar' you are referring. Your message suggests that you can see a green bar at the top in some places, but not in others. If you mean the pull-down menus, you can find them on the top right, top left and side left of your screen. Just move the mouse around the edge of the screen and you should locate several types of sub-menu.

Stiebler.

LGN1 02-10-13 02:34 PM

EnigmaMan,

I guess you mean the green bars on the crew management screen (F7), do you?

IIRC, NYGM uses a similar approach as the old 'Longer repair times'-mod to increase repair times, i.e., it reduces the crew efficiency (indicated by the green bars) to achieve longer repair times.

Regards, LGN1

Stiebler 02-10-13 05:48 PM

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification LGN1.

Also, your further explanation about the cause of the 'longer repair times' mod, and its effect on the green bars in the repairs' screen (key press F7), is correct.

Stiebler.

Sittingwolf 02-11-13 05:35 PM

Thanks Stiebler.:salute:

LemonA 02-24-13 06:47 AM

Are there any pictures / videos for NYGM-mod?