SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Please, FOTRS mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247502)

Marshall Ney 11-30-20 04:18 PM

Please, FOTRS mod

I am totally confused. I downloaded version 1.2 and have been trying to play, but something is wrong. I am getting no traffic boat traffic on open seas or anywhere!! I have seen one destroyer near Guam. 2-3 times I have sailed around for 1 mos. plus and nothing. Latest patrol, I was sent to Hunshu and again nadda. I even sailed half way up into the big bay where Tokyho is, nadda.

What can I check in files to see if something is missing??

Thanks,

MN:k_confused:

KaleunMarco 11-30-20 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2710488)
I am totally confused. I downloaded version 1.2 and have been trying to play, but something is wrong. I am getting no traffic boat traffic on open seas or anywhere!! I have seen one destroyer near Guam. 2-3 times I have sailed around for 1 mos. plus and nothing. Latest patrol, I was sent to Hunshu and again nadda. I even sailed half way up into the big bay where Tokyho is, nadda.

What can I check in files to see if something is missing??

Thanks,

MN:k_confused:

are you referring to FOTRS or its next iteration FOTRS-Ultimate?

the former is no longer really supported and the latter is supported in a separate forum.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Marshall Ney 11-30-20 07:06 PM

well, I can see, from your question, I have the old one. AND I have looked over the Ultimate one, but it just looks daunting to me. I am a casual player and only do modding stuff once or twice a year.

I don't know what to do now. I'll have to do some more research.

Thanks,

MN:Kaleun_Applaud:

propbeanie 11-30-20 07:38 PM

Forgive me here, I am trying to do this via cell fone, and I are a noob at this ultra tiny stuff... but anyway, the main problem with mods starts with the game's install folder. Do not install SH4 into a Windows "Program Files" folder, even under Steam. Secondly, after activating a mod or mod-set, you have to empty the Save folder, which is generally "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", with "UserName" being what you log into Windows with. You empty it by deleting it. The game will recreate it, and populate it with the new mod info. In lieu of that, use a new MultiSH4 folder. Once playing the game, do not shell-out to Windows. Failure to comply can & usually does result in weirdness at a minimum, and sometimes constant CTDs...

Marshall Ney 11-30-20 08:28 PM

Gee thanks, for reply and no need foe me to forgive your time. By chance, I looked at the old disk and for once lucked out. It's a 1.5 ver. of SH4, which I installed out of Program files. I am going to download tonite the beginners mod and see if that will work!! Then I may install again to a second folder for this game to see if I can get Ultimate to work when I can fully understand the mountain of info there.

Hey thanks for time and I'll update tomorrow one way.

Cheers,

MN

KaleunMarco 12-01-20 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Ney (Post 2710528)
well, I can see, from your question, I have the old one. AND I have looked over the Ultimate one, but it just looks daunting to me. I am a casual player and only do modding stuff once or twice a year.

I don't know what to do now. I'll have to do some more research.

Thanks,

MN:Kaleun_Applaud:

MN,

FOTRSU is rather daunting.
you can try GFO (game fixes only).
you can try RSRD (run silent run deep)
you can try TMOsTW (Trigger Maru Overhaul with Training Wheels). consider this the kinder, gentler version of TMO which is very difficult.

whatever you decide, good luck!
:Kaleun_Salute: