SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Wolfpack vs Uboat -- Differences ? ? Pro's/Cons (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240969)

Pisces 06-01-19 04:40 AM

No need for exaggeration. The majority of this thread was still about Uboat vs Wolfpack comparison. Sure, it wandered off a bit to become a bit one-sided. But that can be steered back again. And in this forum threads don't tend to get closed until discussions start to go real sour. I think there is some life in it if people are willing to add their 2 cents.

Aktungbby 06-01-19 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2609154)
'Daelin[SHOT]! Great two cents worth!:Kaleun_Salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2609169)
Great first post and solid ideas, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP514 (Post 2612335)
This Thread has been totally derailed..............

PLZ Close this THREAD..thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2612355)
No need for exaggeration. The majority of this thread was still about Uboat vs Wolfpack comparison. Sure, it wandered off a bit to become a bit one-sided. But that can be steered back again. And in this forum threads don't tend to get closed until discussions start to go real sour. I think there is some life in it if people are willing to add their 2 cents.

:agree:not totally derailed and it's doing what a good :subsim: thread should with some very well written '2¢'s worth' posts in an unsually eloquent ongoing discussion; well worth continuing....imho:yep:

mobucks 06-01-19 06:15 PM

I think Wolfpack is VERY GOOD. My only complaint is starting some games you have to do a long end-around. Other than that I find it to be the best U-Boat sim ever made. The co-op makes the game so immersive. I love it.

UBOAT is a good concept but feels like it still needs a lot of work, although a lot of progress has been made in a very short time. I don't mind the micro. I actually enjoy it.

They're both very different games and I appreciate each for different reasons.

In conclusion, I'm really glad each game was made. I'm really glad the WWII sub genre didn't die with Silent Hunter.

Fearless 08-12-20 03:31 AM

I’ve purchased UBoat thus far and thinking of buying WolfPack. Just don’t know whether my Laptop can handle it.

JuanLiquid 08-12-20 06:29 AM

If you can run Uboat, you will be able to play Wolfpack without any problem. Uboat is more demanding CPU/GPU game

Onkel Neal 08-12-20 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobucks (Post 2612461)
I think Wolfpack is VERY GOOD. My only complaint is starting some games you have to do a long end-around. Other than that I find it to be the best U-Boat sim ever made. The co-op makes the game so immersive. I love it.

UBOAT is a good concept but feels like it still needs a lot of work, although a lot of progress has been made in a very short time. I don't mind the micro. I actually enjoy it.

They're both very different games and I appreciate each for different reasons.

In conclusion, I'm really glad each game was made. I'm really glad the WWII sub genre didn't die with Silent Hunter.

Sorry for the late reply, that has been remedied with an option for quick encounter.

bigbear 08-20-20 08:07 PM

Monitor support

Due to the fact that SH3 and SH5 don't seem to work on widescreen monitors, I am considering getting Wolfpack. But I just need to know if it supports a 3440x1440 screen. Does anyone know if it can?