SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Auto TDC troubles (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245209)

SolitaryHowl 05-23-20 04:11 PM

Auto TDC troubles

Hello,

Auto TDC seems to be inconsistent. I can be relatively far away, at periscope depth, and not able to target a ship using TDC (the green/yellow arrow does not show), or I can be relatively close, at periscope depth or deck awash (I know...), and auto TDC does not work (the arrows will not show).

It is also inconsistent over the ships in a convoy. It will not auto TDC some ships in a convoy, but it will others.

What's going on? A problem with WoS or just SH5 in general?

Background: I'm playing SH5, v 1.2.0, with the latest version of the Wolves of Steel mod.

Any help is appreciated

THEBERBSTER 05-24-20 07:44 AM

Hi SH
This might help.
Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles > Pictorial
Peter

SolitaryHowl 05-24-20 12:05 PM

Thank you. Unfortunately that did not fix my problem.

I made sure the 'enforce manual targetting' is set to FALSE, and I enabled the UI cmd_Auto Target ID submod from WoS in JSGME.

I tested it out in a quick mission, and the targetting worked there without a problem.

So now I'm thinking...does it have something to do with the campaign? Do the skills of your crew affect how auto target works in WoS? Or if the ship is 'seen' while you are underwater?

vdr1981 05-24-20 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolitaryHowl (Post 2672609)
Thank you. Unfortunately that did not fix my problem.

I made sure the 'enforce manual targetting' is set to FALSE, and I enabled the UI cmd_Auto Target ID submod from WoS in JSGME.

I tested it out in a quick mission, and the targetting worked there without a problem.

So now I'm thinking...does it have something to do with the campaign? Do the skills of your crew affect how auto target works in WoS? Or if the ship is 'seen' while you are underwater?

Did you customize your gameplay settings while in the bunker or from the main menu?

SolitaryHowl 05-24-20 03:05 PM

Both in the bunker and in the main menu

vdr1981 05-24-20 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolitaryHowl (Post 2672648)
Both in the bunker and in the main menu

In that case I can not really tell what is going on with your game but auto tdc in quick missions and in campaign works exactly the same and it's very simple. Of course, the target has to be within visual sensors range and from some reason many people still can't understand this...

Can you take a screenshot of your XO reply when you mark some unit with space key?

SolitaryHowl 05-24-20 04:28 PM

That's the thing...in my campaign I can't target maybe 50% of the time. The space key doesn't work like it should. The XO officer doesn't say anything because it's like the game (or my crew) doesn't 'see' the ship despite it being within sensor (and visual) range.

But when it does decide to function properly, the XO tells me to lock on again (using space bar) to enable auto TDC. Which I do and it works fine.