SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   How to damage control (TWoS) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248213)

NiceSub 01-23-21 05:46 PM

How to damage control (TWoS)

Hello,

I am wondering how is damage control managed in SH5 and TWoS?
For example if I have damage in radio room and engine room how to I tell the game what to prioritize in repairs? How can I control the repair efforts?

What I noticed is when I am damaged in different compartments I can see some hammer rotating on some damaged systems. For example if I have damaged batteries in radio room and some damage on diesel engine in engine room when I flick through systems I see hammer going over those different system in this case battery and diesel engine.

So:
  • Is the repair team focused on the system which has hammer icon?
  • Can the team prioritize one system in one section and second system in other section?
  • When I click on different system the hammer moves to that system. Is that system now prioritized?
  • When I move hammer from one system to another and and then move from to another sub section and get back to the section where I made the change to the hammer position I see that the game did not memorize my change?

StimpsonJCat 01-26-21 03:40 PM

I'd also like to know how this works. Any help out there?

zombywoof92553 05-08-22 01:08 AM

Same problem driving nuts

embraceentropy 05-31-22 03:41 PM

Want to resurrect this thread. Not understanding the damage control in SH5 TWoS is what led me to stop playing. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with the Enigma, real nav, manual targeting, etc...but it felt like if I took any damage or leaks I was a goner.

I've been getting the itch to get back into SH5, but this still holds me back.

Compans57 06-04-22 11:59 PM

Agreed. The system was far better in SHIII. It seems like the Chief Engineer also gets wounded every time. It's mainly the sense of a complete lack of control as the hammers are hammering but nothing is being prioritized, everyone's shouting and the sub just fills up with water (crew members still in their bunks) and the depth meter starts spinning.

One desperate measure I took once was to go to full steam ahead which seemed to activate the dive planes. I actually got to a safer depth and shook my pursuers somehow.

Anyway, I can't imagine there's much that can be done. It'd be great to be able to incorporate the SHIII system lock lock and barrel.

les green01 06-05-22 11:28 AM

this is what i do early game most of my points goes on chief,damage control,medic does seem like the chief gets hit every time so if it looks like going be in for a hard time i go ahead order faster repair and if i hear flooding in boat i order the pump water out case he does get wounded bring up the damage control and keep it up i know has soon has i close it they going go back to fixing something that not has important