SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   You know your addicted to SHIII when... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96925)

WilhelmSchulz. 08-15-06 02:50 PM

You know your addicted to SHIII when...

... a tear forms in your eye when you wach Type 941's "Bismark"
... You have nightmares about air attacks.
... you say you have to use the "head"

Safe-Keeper 08-15-06 02:56 PM

When you're walking about in Bergen harbour, looking at the cruise-ships, and you catch yourself wondering how much renown you'd get for sinking them [been there, done that:oops:].

When the first thing you think about when you see a modern warship is "my God, how superior that thing is to the German u-boats of old!" [Guilty].

When you're in school and the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the bell ring is "Crash Dive!".

When you're fresh from a game of Silent Hunter III, and, walking around in Bergen harbour, you wonder what all those Americans are doing in the midst of your city - when you last checked, after all, it was August 1940!

When you hide in the bushes, thinking "oh my God, when did the RAF get their hands on 737s!?" whenever you hear passenger aircraft overhead while out walking.

Myxale 08-15-06 03:09 PM

...when you wake up screaming "ALAAARM!" and wait that someone screams "FLUUTEN! in return"
...when you grew a Beard and get smelly in your old clothing!
...when you insist that people adress you with "Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!"
...when you call your best friend LI!
...When you call the British "tommie"
...when you loath every "Bernard"
...when you eat whole lemmons on a regular basic!
...when the phone rings you scream "Alaaaarm!"
...when you don't mind getting wet!
...when you have vivid mightmares of being DC'ed by some Elite DD! (happed once to me)

WilhelmSchulz. 08-15-06 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxale
...when you wake up screaming "ALAAARM!"
...When you call the British "tommie"
...when you don't mind getting wet!
...when you have vivid mightmares of being DC'ed by some Elite DD! (happed once to me)

Guilty on all counts.:oops:

Immelman 08-15-06 03:32 PM

When you hang your salami, bread, bananas etc. from the ceiling (My frig is dead?)
When you haven't shaved or showered for months (What? I am still on patrol!)
When you only travel at night (Those bees are out there!)
When you always have binoculars hagning from your neck (Smoke on the horizon!)
When you go to your doc weekly to check you for crabs (Doc I am kind of itchy)
When you get all your news form wireless radio transmissions
When you say: I spit on PGP I use Enigma!!!

Syxx_Killer 08-15-06 04:09 PM

When you have a dream about pratrolling the Atlantic in a Type IXC and wake up seasick. I had one shortly after getting the game a year ago this past April. I woke up all nautious. :doh:

IrishUboot 08-15-06 04:30 PM

When you know all the words to the U-Boot Lied ... and you find yourself singing it as you work.

"Die Stunde hat geschlagen..." Feel free to join me.

Safe-Keeper 08-15-06 05:03 PM

When you're taking your sail-boat out for a sea trip and...

1. Wonder where the Heck the annoying band and accompanying uniformed people and Red Cross nurses are.

2. Find yourself thinking "OK now, where's my patrol grid?".

The Munster 08-15-06 05:05 PM

...When you are told "Ship Spotted" then you're heart crash-dives when you discover it's a Hospital ship but wait......... another ship spotted..yes.. but no..another Hospital ship !.. why me ?!

Garrincha 08-16-06 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
When you have a dream about pratrolling the Atlantic in a Type IXC and wake up seasick. I had one shortly after getting the game a year ago this past April. I woke up all nautious. :doh:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: LOL waterbed?

STEED 08-16-06 05:31 AM

We had a fire drill at work today and yes you know what I said "ALARM" I got some funny looks. :oops:

HunterICX 08-16-06 05:39 AM

When you'll have an Diesel engine in ur room
that you turn on when surfaced so ur whole room smells like Diesel..MMmmmmmm:up:

and ofcourse u play with ur lights when u get DCced, you have special Red lights and an Wave simulating chair :P

catar M 08-16-06 06:25 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

SkvyWvr 08-16-06 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper
When you're walking about in Bergen harbour, looking at the cruise-ships, and you catch yourself wondering how much renown you'd get for sinking them [been there, done that:oops:].

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

U-104 08-16-06 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED
We had a fire drill at work today and yes you know what I said "ALARM" I got some funny looks. :oops:

:rotfl::rotfl: