SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 » Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

derstosstrupp 12-28-20 10:52 PM

Here’s a thought, why are these fixes not being privately suggested to the LSH team via PM? That would seem the more professional thing to do, to be discreet about it versus potentially embarrassing someone.

Also, LSH team, please consider a change log spelling out the differences between v2020 and v2015.

Anvar1061 12-29-20 02:10 AM

Thanks. Thank you for the supermode! I'm really wasting my time.
You heard me. It is human nature to make mistakes.
I saw what mistakes were made.
I need to clean up my mod, too.

blueduck 12-29-20 02:54 AM

Teamwork

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2716933)
Here’s a thought, why are these fixes not being privately suggested to the LSH team via PM? That would seem the more professional thing to do, to be discreet about it versus potentially embarrassing someone.

Also, LSH team, please consider a change log spelling out the differences between v2020 and v2015.

I would have clearly preferred this approach! :up:

PM to me should have been no problem and Anvart1061 at least has Urmel's email address.

The change log will follow shortly.

Regards
Blueduck

blueduck 12-29-20 04:16 AM

Granville Freighter

Let us now finish with the subject of the Granville Freighter.

First of all, I must admit that I had overlooked the information about the ship's dimensions on wrecksite.eu.
Since Lloyds, among others, is given as the source here, I assume these data to be correct.

https://www.lsh3.com/ftp/blueduck/support/NGRA_001.png

https://www.lsh3.com/ftp/blueduck/support/NGRA_002.png

If you compare the pictures in the photo montage, you can immediately see that some loading cranes are missing (in front of the bridge, amidships and in the aft area).
Furthermore, the raised stern area is missing.

If you look at the 3D model, it has the dimensions 92.0 x 12.6 x 6.0 m while the original was 110.6 x 15.24 x 7.62 m.
Taking over the original dimensions would be a mistake, as then no exact target solution can be determined due to the incorrect length.
Furthermore, a mass of 2325 tons is given in the model.
I would change the information in the museum to 4.071 GRT, as 2325 tons of goods can certainly be transported in 4.071m³ of ship's space. The dimensions of the model will not be corrected in the Museum and the .CFG because they depend on the model.
The .CFG-file will get 2.325 tons

I therefore suggest to leave the ship as it is and rename it Granville Type Freighter.
Other name suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Blueduck

Penner10000 12-29-20 07:56 AM

Thank you for the new version of the modification.

I did not to the steps to change the settings of my graphic card and it works anyhow.

But in generell, why the hell is the resolution of the mod this uncommon one and not 1920x1080p?

Anvart 12-30-20 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urmel:
Supermod Living Silent Hunter III - Edition 2020 - The Final Attack has indeed become a reality.

Downloaded, installed, did a quick test-view ...
1) Display resolution is not compatible with my monitor
2) This version (v.20) has the same 'rake' (:03:) as in v.15
Result: Deleted :timeout:

Eremit 12-30-20 12:28 PM

And? Who wants to know that? 10,000 users who have a real monitor and PC are satisfied.

ericlea 12-30-20 12:57 PM

it will be very well to have a mod to play lsh3-2020 in 1920*1080 resolution too.
:-)

Fifi 12-30-20 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlea (Post 2717266)
it will be very well to have a mod to play lsh3-2020 in 1920*1080 resolution too.
:-)

That’s why i didn’t downloaded too...
Stock resolution is awful on my computer.
But as said above, nobody cares :haha:

Anvart 12-30-20 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eremit (Post 2717247)
And? ...

Do not engage of verbiage... :salute:

Anvar1061 12-30-20 02:20 PM

We, like the "10,000 satisfied gamers", should buy other monitors.

Kal_Maximus_U669 12-30-20 04:29 PM

Yes everyone plays on "1920 x 1080" and even better ... I do not understand this choice then from the start of the installation various things my displeasure .. but we can not please everyone ... more I had to post relate problems but one did not consider it good to give me a hand is saying in that I did not have to respect the instructions good ... I am willing and admit having been fast but I quickly saw d or that So for the moment came the format does not suit me so I dropped the 2 formats would have been better no ..hmm!!I am disappointed because when I started modding sh3 c is with Lsh2015 at the time ... I found it well done because easy to use the Urmel team made these choices can be of a technical nature ...

Eremit 12-30-20 10:16 PM

Correct, the decision to choose this screen resolution of 1360x768 at that time was due to technical reasons. We at LSH3 were the first to want to use the widescreen format in a large MOD. At that time there was only one possible adjustment file d3d9 that worked. The entire program structure of SH3 with more than 50,000 lines of menu.ini, numerous cfg files and hundreds of graphics had to be adapted or recreated: That was months of work for a small team. When we were finished, the development had overtaken us and it was now possible to use 1920x1080 as well. But a change is not that easy to make and that would have required time and manpower that we no longer had.
This is not an excuse, it should be an explanation for people with a technical understanding, but not for forum trolls and foolish talkers and know-it-alls.

Kal_Maximus_U669 12-31-20 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eremit (Post 2717376)
Correct, the decision to choose this screen resolution of 1360x768 at that time was due to technical reasons. We at LSH3 were the first to want to use the widescreen format in a large MOD. At that time there was only one possible adjustment file d3d9 that worked. The entire program structure of SH3 with more than 50,000 lines of menu.ini, numerous cfg files and hundreds of graphics had to be adapted or recreated: That was months of work for a small team. When we were finished, the development had overtaken us and it was now possible to use 1920x1080 as well. But a change is not that easy to make and that would have required time and manpower that we no longer had.
This is not an excuse, it should be an explanation for people with a technical understanding, but not for forum trolls and foolish talkers and know-it-alls.

I find this remark inappropriate here....
"This is not an excuse, it should be an explanation for people with a technical understanding, but not for forum trolls and foolish talkers and know-it-alls."
I understand all this without problem ... that everyone continues ... I did not want to criticize ... this idea far from me and I understand very well the dificulter of the work and the time to pass for so little positive result Ubi will do well to make an effort the games are amortized ... almost 20 years ....

:Kaleun_Salute:

Urmel 12-31-20 10:40 PM

Dear submarine friends

Thank you for not losing interest in "Silent Hunter III" even after 15 years.

Even after this terrible Corona year 2020, together we are and will remain one of the world's oldest gaming communities.

On behalf of the LSH3 team, we wish you all the best and health for the new year 2021.

Thank you for your consistency and support!

LSH3 Urmel, Blueduck, Eremit & Team

https://www.lsh3.com/public/info/LSH...-xmas-en-4.jpg

Urmel 01-01-21 12:58 AM

Hello friends

I understand the disappointment that LSH3-EDITION-2020 is not (yet) suitable for 1920x1080px!

Ahnenerbe/ARP based on SH3+GWX is a great GUI mod, no question.

But have you ever wondered why not a single modder has adapted ARP for LSH3 (from v15) for 5 years?

The answer is simple: Because there is no modder who has the necessary understanding and/or wants to work hundreds of hours on it!

The LSH3 GUI (since v15) contains the maximum of new functions of all available SH3xxx GUI.

LSH3 comes with THREE different GUI variants, each GUI variant (each "menu_10124x768.ini") contains about 54'425 programming lines.

In total, there are about 163'500 lines of programming to be done for 1920x1080px. Estimated 2-4 months, including tests.

But we need help for that. Eremit and I are open for this GUI work.

Now, of course, the question is who can contribute?

Those who continue to criticise publicly without any real expertise are not relevant for our LSH3-2021 project.

What we need here are "experts" who want to contribute.

Let's continue to work together on "Silent Hunter III".

All the best for the new year 2021!

Urmel/Ariel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Rrannett 01-02-21 05:25 PM

LSH3-2020

Greetings, Urmel and LSH3 Team. Thank you all for a fine and impressive mod. In today's world this will bring some joy and diversion to a very frustrating time. It would appear that any new mod will have some problems, but the main goal will have been achieved. As in real life, there will always be adjustments, it is what keeps the daily grind interesting. Let's have a Truly New Year with positive co-operation. Bless you all! I am currently in AM18, August 30, 1939. Heavy seas, wind force 3, awaiting September 3! Good Hunting!

blackswan40 01-02-21 05:44 PM

Hi Rrannett please post some Screenies of your LSH2020 exploits on the SH3
Screen Shots Thread salute sir :Kaleun_Salute:

Sonicfire1981 01-08-21 03:39 PM

This is truely marvellous. I'm in awe about your dedication.
Are the periscope marks fixed so raofb can be used?
Sorry to bother, but I could not yet download & look for a change log

Texas Red 01-08-21 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2719777)
Sorry to bother, but I could not yet download & look for a change log

Tbh, they seem to be avoiding a changelog. This only makes me doubt that this has really any other changes besides a new name.