SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 11-25-10 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie61 (Post 1541331)
Hey ZW:D I am back. Work, family and life have been keeping me busy for almost the whole year, but I remembered about your project the other day.
WOW:o Man have you been busy! I reloaded TvT and donated tonight.
I can't wait till I get my e-mail:yeah:

I ended up buying a new Win7 machine and hope to stop the "red wave" very soon :D

God bless and I will be around more :salute:

RE61

Welcome back Richie61, :salute:
Don't forget to check your spam folder!

ZW

ZeeWolf 11-27-10 01:46 AM

Bomb Run in Russian Mission one

Il2 Sturmovicks loaded with two 250Kg (550Lbs) HE Fabs. Making the
battlefield a very dangerous place to be. :o

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL2_BombRun1.jpg
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL2_BombRun2.jpg
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL2_BombRun3.jpg

The Pe-8 Heavy Soviet Bomber @3250 meters

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_Pe8_Hvy_Bomber1.jpg

Bomb load from 5 Pe-8's
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_Pe8_Hvy_Bomber2.jpg

Vorwärts Kameraden! :salute:

ZW

Bert66 11-28-10 03:30 AM

I have played this now for a while but have to say the frame rates are really stopping my enjoyment of this game, i have i think an average computer:

i7 2.8 overclocked to 3.8
6g ram
ati 5870

I get frame rates 6-9 on most of the new missions but with all the settings pulled to the left it seems to make little difference. It is almost a slideshow.

How do you guys get on with it? Any tips?

ZeeWolf 11-28-10 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert66 (Post 1542960)
I have played this now for a while but have to say the frame rates are really stopping my enjoyment of this game, i have i think an average computer:

i7 2.8 overclocked to 3.8
6g ram
ati 5870

I get frame rates 6-9 on most of the new missions but with all the settings pulled to the left it seems to make little difference. It is almost a slideshow.

How do you guys get on with it? Any tips?

Hi Bert66,
With all the info supplied it sounds like you may have damaged something
in your overclocking:timeout:

ZW

Sledgehammer427 11-28-10 12:41 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...strat91/oh.jpg

KdF 11-28-10 01:35 PM

Thats gonna hurt!

ZeeWolf 11-28-10 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1543123)

:har: - and he got it too!

Zee

Bert66 11-28-10 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1543122)
Hi Bert66,
With all the info supplied it sounds like you may have damaged something
in your overclocking:timeout:

ZW

Possibly but this was bought overclocked from an reputable outlet online here in UK. All my other games play fine. Shame.

ZeeWolf 11-28-10 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert66 (Post 1543165)
Possibly but this was bought overclocked from an reputable outlet online here in UK. All my other games play fine. Shame.

Can you give some more details Bert? Something to start with other than
you have an overclocked PC.

ZW

ZeeWolf 11-28-10 02:39 PM

ZW News flash

Hey guys check this out :DL

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_News1.jpg

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

frinik 11-29-10 02:11 AM

Nice Specs!

Bert66

An average computer????You have a great sense of humour....:D With the specs and gpu you have I would definitely call your pc above average!!!!I would gladly trade my mother-in-law for your graphic card( no seriously I like my mohter-in-law).However an ATI HD5870...

I have to agree with Zee; you have a very good pc and graphic card as well. No way you should get those kind of frames rates unless there's something wrong with either your cpu or gpu. I also have an i7 ( but not overclocked ) set at 2.80 , 8 gigs of RAM and a much weaker graphic card than yours - an ATI 5550( with ddr2) slightly overclocked and I get frame rates of 10 to 25 depending on the mission( I am talking of with ZeeWolf's mods installed).With Zee's mods on my fps have definitely plummeted from 30 to 40 to half that but values of 6 to 9 I only get those values playing the Kursk missions series. And your 5870 is one of the best if not the best graphic card on the market and should give you at least triple the framerates. Just for comparison's sake; my card has a pixel fill-rate of 6.4 Gpixels per second while your has 27.2. In other words, your card is more than 4 times faster than mine and I still get better fps.????You should get fps at least 5 to 6 times faster( 30 to 60 fps) than what you have with ZeeWolf's mods on.Without them then just double the number.

What resolution are you using?Do you have ZeeWolf's mods installed or is it just the stock game?

What kind of fps do you get with other games?Is your problem specific to playing TvsT?

animal 11-29-10 04:22 PM

would it be possible to picture-in-picture a drivers view from the gunner's view or to output that view to a separate monitor?
what are the possibilities for multiple monitors?

the SIM to me feels that its lacking and to really replicate the functions of a tank each position needs to be able to be controlled simultaneously.

how about just modifying the input options so you can gun, be the commander and drive simultaneously. right now the controls overlap such that to look around as commander is the same controls as to traverse the gun lay and you can't traverse the turret while looking for the next target on the binoculars as commander. the best you can do is have an automatic gunner center the turret while you look around, or use the auto gunner. I prefer to do it all myself/ would like to.

i know you can work "commander+driver "or" gunner+driver" but i would like to crew all three at once because i'm making handwheels for gun laying and i already use pedals for the hydraulic traverse. The objective in this is to have my friends be able to play beside me with a driver, gunner and commander. We'd play like that even without multiple crew-views but you can't gun, drive and look around as commander all at once.

what are the possibilities/chances of this happening? is it possible?
i know I'm a small market segment having friends that would enjoy playing with me in person... but I've also got 3 sets of 3d glasses and 3x120hz 3d monitors to add to the fantasy.

ZeeWolf 11-29-10 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1543757)
would it be possible to picture-in-picture a drivers view from the gunner's view or to output that view to a separate monitor?
what are the possibilities for multiple monitors?

the SIM to me feels that its lacking and to really replicate the functions of a tank each position needs to be able to be controlled simultaneously.

how about just modifying the input options so you can gun, be the commander and drive simultaneously. right now the controls overlap such that to look around as commander is the same controls as to traverse the gun lay and you can't traverse the turret while looking for the next target on the binoculars as commander. the best you can do is have an automatic gunner center the turret while you look around, or use the auto gunner. I prefer to do it all myself/ would like to.

i know you can work "commander+driver "or" gunner+driver" but i would like to crew all three at once because i'm making handwheels for gun laying and i already use pedals for the hydraulic traverse. The objective in this is to have my friends be able to play beside me with a driver, gunner and commander. We'd play like that even without multiple crew-views but you can't gun, drive and look around as commander all at once.

what are the possibilities/chances of this happening? is it possible?
i know I'm a small market segment having friends that would enjoy playing with me in person... but I've also got 3 sets of 3d glasses and 3x120hz 3d monitors to add to the fantasy.

Hi animal,
I do not know how to do that, so the possibility is still a mystery. As you
know I have a full work load and will have for quite sometime to come.
So, once you are done with your handwheel project maybe you could do
some experimenting.

ZW :salute:

animal 11-30-10 11:23 AM

It must be an engine limitation not being able to render multiple viewpoints in a multi-monitor set up. It would be insane to do so much work making a tanksim and not implement such a thing if it were possible.

O well, perhaps in 10 years time another sim will be released that's more complete. :p

for now, onward with project zeewolf!
things are looking good!

ZeeWolf 11-30-10 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1544194)
It must be an engine limitation not being able to render multiple viewpoints in a multi-monitor set up. It would be insane to do so much work making a tanksim and not implement such a thing if it were possible.

O well, perhaps in 10 years time another sim will be released that's more complete. :p

for now, onward with project zeewolf!
things are looking good!

You can speculate all you want animal but if I took that approach TvT would have not made a return from the dead. :up:

ZW

animal 12-01-10 01:03 AM

You couldn't be more correct, without your dedication and passion hope would all but be lost for a good ww2 tank sim.

I've undertaken projects in the past that have required both passion and dedication regarding mapping for first person shooters as well as working with a bot developer through its development.

my latest project is a family :P
I've got a 1yr old and a 3yr old on top of other hobbies, thankfully we've got you and we can directly contribute to the success of this project by contributing to you. I hope your example of an alternate development method for making games catches on and we see a rebirth of small developed games that have good focus.

Many simple games used to be successful, somewhere along the lines something was lost and now there's a tonne of games with very few that really "hit the nail on the head."

bratwurstdimsum 12-01-10 02:37 PM

silly question

guys, at the risk of sounding idiotic. How do I get this mod? Do I pay zeewolf and wait for him to contact me or is his work in the "free files" link on his website?

Sorry for the stupid question :wah:

ZeeWolf 12-01-10 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bratwurstdimsum (Post 1544973)
guys, at the risk of sounding idiotic. How do I get this mod? Do I pay zeewolf and wait for him to contact me or is his work in the "free files" link on his website?

Sorry for the stupid question :wah:

Hi bratwurstdimsum,
After you make your paypal payment I get a notice from Paypal. Then I e-mail
you to verify the e-mail address you supplied with your payment.
Once I receive your reply I e-mail you a download link.:up:

That's it :salute:
ZeeWolf

bratwurstdimsum 12-01-10 10:14 PM

Vilen Dank Zee!

Jochem 12-10-10 10:29 AM

Donation

Hi Zee,

Donation done. Impatient to March for the ZeeWolf land !

Joch :salute: