SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

frinik 04-11-10 01:57 AM

Dowload file and uplift your mood

Ok finally downloaded after 3 attempts( one of my sons interrupted my first download to play Need for Speed Undercover:stare:...If my tiger goes as fast as the car he was driving I´ll be in Vladivostok by Xmas 1943:D.

I´ll patiently wait for them to allow me to use my laptop before I can install and play:shifty:. Pardon the pun but I´ll have to simmer down....

Lc I bet you 2 FPS that my game will run faster fps than yours:DL

Good luck and please all of you report your findings so we can all share in the joy.

Cheers

LcSummers 04-11-10 02:39 AM

TvT Alpha

Lc I bet you 2 FPS that my game will run faster fps than yours:DL

Good luck and please all of you report your findings so we can all share in the joy.

My impressions!

Frinic you are right in some points. Set everything ti max fps are between 3.1 and 5.1. Here we see improvments but need some more.

Gameplay!

ZW, its really tough, very much knocked out tanks. Firece fighting.

Bugs are as follows ma be other find more:

3 Soviet tanks undestructable so my gunny always shoot them but no chanche to kill them.

1 Tiger tank was "falling" from sky at the frontline (Panzerdivision Herman Göring eventually) but i saw no parachute:D

Now we have a anthill with Tigers near the first village.

After hitting a tank or SU(saw only shape) in a wood game crashed. Installed it over old Beta.

Now try to install over fresh TvT.

LC

Chucky 04-11-10 03:42 AM

I have a little problem here guys.I appreciate there has been a lot of posts since the Alpha was released but I can see nothing relating to this problem.

When I click on Project ZeeWolf in the menu,I get just 'Text' appear as the mission,with the same for mission description.If I then click start I get the full tank track graphic straight away but then nothing seems to happen,it just sits there.I did delete the cache as advised.If I Ctr Alt Delete it says the game is still running.

If I am being a bit thick please point out my error :oops:

LcSummers 04-11-10 05:57 AM

Error Text

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1355682)
I have a little problem here guys.I appreciate there has been a lot of posts since the Alpha was released but I can see nothing relating to this problem.

When I click on Project ZeeWolf in the menu,I get just 'Text' appear as the mission,with the same for mission description.If I then click start I get the full tank track graphic straight away but then nothing seems to happen,it just sits there.I did delete the cache as advised.If I Ctr Alt Delete it says the game is still running.

If I am being a bit thick please point out my error :oops:

Chucky,

you are right. I experienced this error too but it only appears when you have a clear install of TvT. When you have the old BETA release overwritten, then it should go.

ZW,

I am waiting for your orders. I mean do you check this bug or should i reinstall OLD BERTA?

Until i get no answer i will waiting and seeing whatsuggestions you have for both of us.

T(h)anks

LC

PS ZW i have done as you suggested prior release. Throwed it overboard so i have no OLD BERTA, no go for me.

Docholiday13 04-11-10 07:57 AM

Don`t laugh at me ....

:DL ...but I don`t find the PM-funktion of this forum !

Doc

frinik 04-11-10 08:01 AM

To Eddie

Hi Eddie received your Pm but for some reason the private messaging system can´t find you.It fails to recognise your name. Anyway no worries I already emailed you what you asked for. Check you private email.I have sent you 3 including the last one with summaries.

enjoy and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Frinik

frinik 04-11-10 08:05 AM

Kursk Mod instal failure!

Master Zee I tried installing your release but no go.

I tried it on the instaqll on my wife´s laptop to see what kind of fps I would get.I downloaded and save your mod into a separate folder.Then I extracted it and then installed the zip file into the game main folder using the auto install.I openbed the game but no it´s the old game with your beta 2.0 release.

I must have done something wrong. I want to know what before I do the real one in my main game on my laptop.
One thing the game on my wife´s laptop is located into a special folder called TvsT in the C: drive but I made sure that your mod was installed into the rigth foldder.

Any advice?

PS I didnt´t try a second install to avoid duplicating files or creating a mess.

Cheers

KdF 04-11-10 08:59 AM

Yeah, yeah, It's me again. Just DL'ed the latest and nada. All the old missions work fine, but when it comes to Kursk, it just sits there. As stated before, it just says TEXT, and the treads are allready full across the screen. I'm going to the beast upstairs and try that one. Will let you know what happens.

LcSummers 04-11-10 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KdF (Post 1355860)
Yeah, yeah, It's me again. Just DL'ed the latest and nada. All the old missions work fine, but when it comes to Kursk, it just sits there. As stated before, it just says TEXT, and the treads are allready full across the screen. I'm going to the beast upstairs and try that one. Will let you know what happens.

I wrote

Chucky,

you are right. I experienced this error too but it only appears when you have a clear install of TvT.

When you have the old BETA release and overwrite it with ZWs new ADD On then the "TEXTT" will appear and NO GO.

LC

KdF 04-11-10 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1355928)
I wrote

Chucky,

you are right. I experienced this error too but it only appears when you have a clear install of TvT.

When you have the old BETA release and overwrite it with ZWs new ADD On then the "TEXTT" will appear and NO GO.

LC

Yes Sir, I read that, but I never loaded the Kursk Beta. I was running the last official ZeeWolf release. And I installed it like a patch, not a clean install. Is that waht I need to do?

LcSummers 04-11-10 10:39 AM

No intended

Quote:

Originally Posted by KdF (Post 1355937)
Yes Sir, I read that, but I never loaded the Kursk Beta. I was running the last official ZeeWolf release. And I installed it like a patch, not a clean install. Is that waht I need to do?

ZW wrote, that with this new patch the game should run fine. I think he forgot something. I am looking in those folders may be i see something important. Clean install wont help now. It s only functioning with BETA release.

Missions are running fine.

LC

LcSummers 04-11-10 10:47 AM

Frinic

Hi frinic,

you cant do nothing now. Eddie wrote he made an install over the Beta version. This what i did the first time to and it run well. I had some ingame pauses so i decided to make a fresh install. After this install me neither was capable to play.

We had to wait until ZW is on the forum and helps us.

LC

KdF 04-11-10 12:10 PM

Rgr.
I just wanted to make sure it was nothing "I" Horked.

der-blaue-max 04-11-10 12:31 PM

Hallo,
where can I download the Alpha and beta??
I have made my Donation, via Paypal, but recive no Link, where I can find something??

What could I have done wrong?

ZeeWolf 04-11-10 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der-blaue-max (Post 1356049)
Hallo,
where can I download the Alpha and beta??
I have made my Donation, via Paypal, but recive no Link, where I can find something??

What could I have done wrong?

I'm sorry max I forgot to put your E-mail address in the To send list :oops:
So check your mail.

And remember the Kursk Mission 1 is not in the 275mg "pre-Kursk" file
All Kursk missions will come as a separate download file (6-10mgs) and
you will receive a E-mail when this file is ready for download.

Best regards :salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-11-10 01:43 PM

not included in the pre-Kursk file

Hey Guys!

The reason you can not play Kursk mission 1 is because it is still in beta and
not included
in the pre-Kursk file
:o

All new releases will come as small downloads to be installed on top of this
275mg pre-Kursk file.
Please remember Kursk is in beta testing, but it is will be ready for final beta testing today. :up:

Sorry for the misunderstanding I sould have made the instructions for the
"pre-Kursk" file more clear :DL

ZW:salute:

eddie 04-11-10 01:43 PM

Everything is running fine here, Kursk mission too! I installed over the last version ZW sent us, and works right out of the box!

FR's are good, but my Tiger likes to stear to the left a bit, might be the lay of the land. Nice to see the rest of the Tigers running at a slower speed, I can actually stay ahead of them,lol First part of mission with all those Tigers around me, FR is close to 4, and the same as this large group starts moving. Otherwise when running by myself at the beginning, before the other tanks start moving, FR hover around 6.

ZW, I refuse to drive straight into those anti-tank guns, that is suicide! I'm going around them and pick them off from behind!:D

eddie 04-11-10 01:46 PM

Almost forgot, frinik, I got your emails! Thanks!:yeah:

ZeeWolf 04-11-10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1356133)
Everything is running fine here, Kursk mission too! I installed over the last version ZW sent us, and works right out of the box!

FR's are good, but my Tiger likes to stear to the left a bit, might be the lay of the land. Nice to see the rest of the Tigers running at a slower speed, I can actually stay ahead of them,lol First part of mission with all those Tigers around me, FR is close to 4, and the same as this large group starts moving. Otherwise when running by myself at the beginning, before the other tanks start moving, FR hover around 6.

ZW, I refuse to drive straight into those anti-tank guns, that is suicide! I'm going around them and pick them off from behind!:D

That is good news eddie,
I will have the new Kursk mission 1 ready today for you to give a final
test. It runs better and the object population is a bit lower but still not
as fast as it could be by eliminating some animated objects but if you can
play the latest Kursk mission you will enjoy this one.
And you are right about the pull to the left on the terrain is what I have
concluded as well.
A tip for the alternate rout: watch out for AT mines. The pioneers last night
could only complete mine clearing for a frontal assault. ;)

Good Hunting Kamerad!

ZW

eddie 04-11-10 03:39 PM

Very funny ZW, just what I need, hidden anti-tank mines!! Like this missions isn't tough enough!?!:03: