SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 11-13-10 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter63 (Post 1534879)
joined up now what?

Welcome aboard drifter63,

Just make sure you return the e-mail I sent you and that start it :salute:

ZW

drifter63 11-13-10 05:27 PM

Iget a Cmissionsmenu error at game startup

ZeeWolf 11-13-10 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter63 (Post 1534915)
Iget a Cmissionsmenu error at game startup

Oh, that's easy all you do is delete the folder::yep:

T34vsTiger\Scripts\Menu

DO NOT Delete: :nope:

T34vsTiger\Scripts\Menus

That's it :up:

drifter63 11-13-10 07:19 PM

got it going thanks!

animal 11-15-10 11:04 AM

I think a short while ago I saw a post with someone explaining that you can make some changes so you can still drive around after a mission is completed. I tried searching back through the forum thread but couldn't find anything through the search function here or through google.

can anyone help me out?

ZeeWolf 11-15-10 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1535664)
I think a short while ago I saw a post with someone explaining that you can make some changes so you can still drive around after a mission is completed. I tried searching back through the forum thread but couldn't find anything through the search function here or through google.

can anyone help me out?

Hi animal,
What you are requesting requires a code change in the mission. However in
German M4 and M6 I implemented the ability to drive around all you want by
not driving through the "End the mission" waypoint. So give those missions a try and enjoy driving the new Tiger :up:

Cheers :salute:

ZW

Chucky 11-15-10 04:08 PM

Zeewolf,is there no end to your talent? :salute:

ZeeWolf 11-17-10 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1535809)
Zeewolf,is there no end to your talent? :salute:

Hey Chucky check this out :up: I figured we need some aircraft in
T34 vs Tiger so I put so in.
This is my first medium bomber, its a Soviet IL-4. I built the model from
scratch but I used a skin from Sturmovik. :DL

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL4_M_Bomber1.jpg
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL4_M_Bomber2.jpg
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL4_M_Bomber3.jpg
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZWs_IL4_M_Bomber4.jpg

Vorwärts Kameraden!:salute:

ZW

gordonvembu 11-18-10 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1534477)
Is this the same Gordonvembu who posted on 30th October ? quote "

Note of gratification
Hi Zee Wolf, just downloaded your material and i am absolutely flabergasted by the quality of your work. I had no problems at all with installation, and now the game is tremendous. I sincerely hope your devotion to this title never waigns and encourage u to do what u can to improve the online multiplayer. Afterall this is the forum which will judicate the success of this title. I am sure it is very difficult to remedy the online problems but if NE1 can rectify them it is u. So thank you once again for all your efforts and i feel my purchase has been fullfilled many times over.

Unquote "

What a change in 3 weeks!He must have inhaled too much of Zee's new Tiger exhaust fumes:D

Frinik, i am appreciative of ZeeWolf's efforts but a future of single player missions does not excite me 1 bit. Online multiplayer is what virtual gaming is all about, i know u agree with me here. I don't care how many missions or added vehicles Zee adds, if he can't optimize the multiplayer service, then who cares? Personally i get the feeling he is not able to affect the multiplayer aspect of this game, obviously it is beyond his grasp. Which is the state of the nation right now. All this will be moot come March 12, 2011 when Red Orchestra-Heroes of Stalingrad is released. They arte promising to release multiple SDK tools and tutorials on how to mod their game. T34vsTiger will be a speck on the rtear view mirror of WW2 armoured warfare.

ZeeWolf 11-18-10 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1537469)
Frinik, i am appreciative of ZeeWolf's efforts but a future of single player missions does not excite me 1 bit. Online multiplayer is what virtual gaming is all about, i know u agree with me here. I don't care how many missions or added vehicles Zee adds, if he can't optimize the multiplayer service, then who cares? Personally i get the feeling he is not able to affect the multiplayer aspect of this game, obviously it is beyond his grasp. Which is the state of the nation right now. All this will be moot come March 12, 2011 when Red Orchestra-Heroes of Stalingrad is released. They arte promising to release multiple SDK tools and tutorials on how to mod their game. T34vsTiger will be a speck on the rtear view mirror of WW2 armoured warfare.

Gordo, look what is obvious here - some like multiplayer an some do not. I personally do not play online. Sadly, I can not see you doing anything but starting trouble with this multiplayer issue. So YOU smell the coffee :stare:
T34 vs Tiger already was a "speck on the rtear view mirror of WW2 armoured warfare" until I came to town. :shucks:

ZeeWolf

frinik 11-18-10 07:13 AM

Sp/Mp

Fine GordonVembu, your point is well taken.However there are 2 things that you seem to forget:

1) as ZeeWolf mentioned not everybody is turned on by Co-op, MP or online play.I am absolutely NOT! I like SP and I intend to stick to that course.That being said I am not selffish and I have told ZeeWolf in the past that if he wishes to pursue or invest part of his efforts into the MP aspect I wouldn't at all mind as long as other members are Ok with it!

2) It was clear from the beginning that ZeeWolf's efforts were exclusively or at least primarily focused on SP.Nobody tried to cheat you or deceive you into believing that TvsT under ZeeWolf's effort was anything but a SP dedicated sim unless you deceived yourself??????

Moreover you certainly had no business using abusive and using uncalled for language to make your point in a public post!!!!!:hmmm:

As for R.O. it's not a sim and not a tank sim; it's a first person shooter.INot a bad one.... don't think it can be a competition for Tvst in any way.I think games like ARMA 2 with it's i 44 mod, R.O or World of tanks are the kind of games that are best suited for your own tastes.Tvst SP is obviously not for you!

As for online play being the future, well time will tell.It could be a fad that will wane and wither or may be it will bloom.Who knows? However, there will always be room for SP sims or games as not everybody has the time nor the inclination to go on the internet and like to be their own masters instead.

. As well computer programming is progressing by such leaps and bounds that AI will soon be as good as human beings and thus you'll be able to measure yourself against a human-like opponent without going online or having to set up meetings that suit everybody.

Hope the controversy is over!:o

Hitman 11-18-10 11:32 AM

Good God, those new aircrafts are gorgeous!! :DL

And the interesting thing is that seeing the landscape from that heigth, one realizes just how good this game is ... even if destinated for ground warfare, the view from the sky is excellent!

Some months ago I thought that may be Zee would need to downgrade somehow the specs of the game to allow playable frame rates. But now I see that this project will work the other way round: Zee will extract the maximum from it on a medium to long term commitment, and hardware will catch it! In a certain sense, we are now investing in the future, in a sim that will last for lots of years to come, because as we upgrade we will be able to "unlock" new levels that are actually almost unplayable in graphics and complexity. And all that will be enriched by Zee's continuous adding stuff. I like the plan! :up:

I hope that somewhen he can also create an external program that randomizes a bit the location of units and the size of the different groups, so we can gain a lot of replayability. :ping:

WRichter 11-18-10 01:39 PM

The last Update seems really cool , BUT :
I can't launch the game , after installing the october update in admin mode, i have the following message in Critical Error Pop-up: " ^Script manager: Duplicate class "CMissionsMenu" definition.

Please Help.

Here the execution log :
Locale] Multiply definition of section [Mission1]
[Locale] Key MissionName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key BriefingText doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key Objective01 doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Multiply definition of section [Weapon]
[Locale] Key str_Empty_Weapon doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_Description doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_Description doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_Description doesn't belong to any section
[ScriptManager] Duplicate class "CMissionsMenu" definition

ZeeWolf 11-18-10 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRichter (Post 1537714)
The last Update seems really cool , BUT :
I can't launch the game , after installing the october update in admin mode, i have the following message in Critical Error Pop-up: " ^Script manager: Duplicate class "CMissionsMenu" definition.

Please Help.

Here the execution log :
Locale] Multiply definition of section [Mission1]
[Locale] Key MissionName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key BriefingText doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key Objective01 doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Multiply definition of section [Weapon]
[Locale] Key str_Empty_Weapon doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_FullName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_ShortName doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M134_Description doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_M60_Description doesn't belong to any section
[Locale] Key str_MA2_Description doesn't belong to any section
[ScriptManager] Duplicate class "CMissionsMenu" definition

Oh, that's easy all you do is delete the folder::yep:

T34vsTiger\Scripts\Menu

DO NOT Delete: :nope:

T34vsTiger\Scripts\Menus

That's it :up:

ZW

WRichter 11-18-10 02:58 PM

Thx It Works now !

Let's Go Panzer : Panzer March !

Wilcke 11-18-10 03:35 PM

On the MP issue, I do not think that we would be supporting Zee with our $$$ if we were not in agreement with his approach to making TvT such a great sim. I have spent many hours online playing other sims and am frankly happy to have TvT as my goto SP that I turn to every night that I do fire up my PC.

This thing is what I had been dreaming about for about a decade. Can't say enough about it.

The new aircraft are just fantastic, as humans we tend to look at the negative side of things and not trumpet how great things can be. TvT is just that thanks to Zee!

gordonvembu 11-19-10 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1537544)
Fine GordonVembu, your point is well taken.However there are 2 things that you seem to forget:

1) as ZeeWolf mentioned not everybody is turned on by Co-op, MP or online play.I am absolutely NOT! I like SP and I intend to stick to that course.That being said I am not selffish and I have told ZeeWolf in the past that if he wishes to pursue or invest part of his efforts into the MP aspect I wouldn't at all mind as long as other members are Ok with it!

2) It was clear from the beginning that ZeeWolf's efforts were exclusively or at least primarily focused on SP.Nobody tried to cheat you or deceive you into believing that TvsT under ZeeWolf's effort was anything but a SP dedicated sim unless you deceived yourself??????

Moreover you certainly had no business using abusive and using uncalled for language to make your point in a public post!!!!!:hmmm:

As for R.O. it's not a sim and not a tank sim; it's a first person shooter.INot a bad one.... don't think it can be a competition for Tvst in any way.I think games like ARMA 2 with it's i 44 mod, R.O or World of tanks are the kind of games that are best suited for your own tastes.Tvst SP is obviously not for you!

As for online play being the future, well time will tell.It could be a fad that will wane and wither or may be it will bloom.Who knows? However, there will always be room for SP sims or games as not everybody has the time nor the inclination to go on the internet and like to be their own masters instead.

. As well computer programming is progressing by such leaps and bounds that AI will soon be as good as human beings and thus you'll be able to measure yourself against a human-like opponent without going online or having to set up meetings that suit everybody.

Hope the controversy is over!:o

Seriously, my language was abusive? what sort of bubble do you live in? Do you really want to play scripted missions which single player is all about? If you do then, listen up, that choice is for the feeble, am i clear? really, when your opponents appear in the same place every time, what sort of satisfaction can be gained from multiple replays? It has become clear to me that Zee can not affect multiplayer one bit. Sure he never said he would or could. So if you, and i mean the feeble out there who continually want to shell out for scripted missions, go right ahead. As for the more ambitious out there, demand for online multiplayer gameplay as this is the only true form of satisfying virtual combat. If you do not agree with this, let me tell you that you are truly unexperienced, unskilled or just unwilling to accept a tougher challenge. Now that i am more familiar with this game and it's coding, i retract the praise i levied on you Zee. THERE IS ONLY ONE IMPORTANT GAMING PLATFORM. What is that? ONLINE INTERACTIVE MULIPLAYER! Nuff said...

frinik 11-19-10 07:13 AM

You know Gordon what I like about you is your infinite tolerance and openness of mind:D.You must have been the bully in school....

With you there's no middle way; it's your way or ' F.....k " off to quote a term you used( I don't know if I live in a bubble but my parents thought me to be civil and generally avoid barking insults or make disparaging comments about others in public....:03:)

Had you been inclined to make your point in a more diplomatic and respectful manner I think you would have been taken seriously....Got it?

As for being feeble, well:hmmm: actually I am a very competitive and tenacious person and when I play a sport or whatever I don't let go until I win or crash to the floor trying...So don't be too prone to judge others until you know them!

I am happy that you consider yourself as an AMBITIOUS guy.Then let's see what you can do with TvsT and it's mission editor??????:03:

To use a good American expression "Talk is Cheap!". So let's see what you 're made of Gordon and show us your prowess as a modder and creator of new missions! Otherwise to quote you" Get the F...K Off and smell the coffee! Cause if all you can do is blabber hot air to us weaklings and slam your fists on the table we ain't interested Babe! Since you like that kind of tough Hombre talk I am sure it will resound with you :stare:

Inexperienced , feeble and unskilled Jee you have me figured out:yawn:

Gordon I measure a man not on the loudness of his voice but on what he can accomplish.Since you figured out the coding let's see how good you are and you can have my 60 bucks!!!!!:salute:

Hitman 11-19-10 09:31 AM

Quote:

Seriously, my language was abusive? what sort of bubble do you live in? Do you really want to play scripted missions which single player is all about? If you do then, listen up, that choice is for the feeble, am i clear? really, when your opponents appear in the same place every time, what sort of satisfaction can be gained from multiple replays? It has become clear to me that Zee can not affect multiplayer one bit. Sure he never said he would or could. So if you, and i mean the feeble out there who continually want to shell out for scripted missions, go right ahead. As for the more ambitious out there, demand for online multiplayer gameplay as this is the only true form of satisfying virtual combat. If you do not agree with this, let me tell you that you are truly unexperienced, unskilled or just unwilling to accept a tougher challenge. Now that i am more familiar with this game and it's coding, i retract the praise i levied on you Zee. THERE IS ONLY ONE IMPORTANT GAMING PLATFORM. What is that? ONLINE INTERACTIVE MULIPLAYER! Nuff said...
Fair enough, you have expressed your point of view. And your point of view is that you do not like what Zee does, and you want something else.

Now we all know it, and have listened to you, so you can stop posting in this thread -which is about a mod you don't like- and leave us -who like it- alone and in peace.

Thanks for your input. And Good-bye. :up:

dougandtoni 11-19-10 03:04 PM

offensive remark removed- SH427