SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Map Pack 8 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247041)

Stewy1 10-17-20 05:54 PM

Map Pack 8

In the downloads section ;)

Here's my eighth installment of maps I've made for Dangerous Waters. The maps are of:

* Fiji and Wallis and Futuna
* The Western Mediterranean
* Burma
* The North Island of New Zealand (including real training areas)
* The Kennedy Channel, the body of water between Greenland and Canada, which five Victor IIIs submarines transited to reach the U.S. east coast, undetected, in May 1987.
* Liberia and Sierra Leone, including the port of Conakry, Guinea, used by Soviet warships and aircraft during the Cold War
* Exercise Talisman Sabre, a large military exercise off the Queensland, Australian coast.

They are essentially 'blank' of triggers, scripts, ships and submarines, for you to make your own missions.

All landmarks, features, and EEZ boundaries are marked as accurately as possible.

Research Credits go to Wikipedia, NGA Maritime Safety Navigational Warnings and marineegions.org (for EEZs) and various news websites.

All information was accessed from publically available sources.
****A HUGE thank you must go to FPSChazly for making his great 'line-marking'program.****

Installation:
Place in your DW/Scenario folder - you know what to do!

Disclaimer:
Naturally, download at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any adverse effects to your computer by downloading these files.

Feedback (and requests) welcome via the Subsim forums!
Cheers
Stew

ET2SN 10-17-20 11:12 PM

:yeah:

DingoBob 10-27-20 07:31 AM

These really bring custom missions to life, thanks for these!

p7p8 10-27-20 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoBob (Post 2703164)
These really bring custom missions to life, thanks for these!

There is no single mission. Maps only :(

Stewy1 10-27-20 06:52 PM

Even a quickly 'knocked together' mission is fun.

Had a very challenging stoush with a Canadian Oberon, driving an Akula, in the Kennedy Channel.

Hard to evade torps in the narrow channel, with varying depths and ice above!

We did one round each of 'fire and evade', got him on the second round!

DingoBob 10-28-20 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7p8 (Post 2703215)
There is no single mission. Maps only :(

That's the point of these maps. Be creative!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewy1 (Post 2703260)
Even a quickly 'knocked together' mission is fun.

Had a very challenging stoush with a Canadian Oberon, driving an Akula, in the Kennedy Channel.

Hard to evade torps in the narrow channel, with varying depths and ice above!

We did one round each of 'fire and evade', got him on the second round!

Definitely. One future suggestion would be a Hudson's bay map, admittedly I'm not sure if it would be interesting or not, It's just such an unusual theater of war, but so large that I feel like it could be a fun map to play.

FPSchazly 10-28-20 12:30 PM

Hey, Stewy! You're welcome for the program. I still need to get in there to fixing the southern hemisphere issues. :salute:

Stewy1 10-28-20 03:57 PM

Haha, thanks Chazly. Only if you have time and it's not too much trouble. I really appreciate all your help! ;)

Stew

ET2SN 10-28-20 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoBob (Post 2703350)

Definitely. One future suggestion would be a Hudson's bay map, admittedly I'm not sure if it would be interesting or not, It's just such an unusual theater of war, but so large that I feel like it could be a fun map to play.

Several countries have already thought about it. :yep:

Stewy1 10-29-20 03:24 AM

Quote:

Definitely. One future suggestion would be a Hudson's bay map
Thanks DingoBob, I took a look at Hudson Bay - it's all Canadian territory (so no EEZs or bathymetry locations, so it'd be a pretty straight-forward map to make. Do you want to have a go? ;)

I see that Operation Nanook (Canadian Navy humanitarian and sovereignty training) often takes place there (as well as the Hudson Strait - which would be another cool place to do).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Nanook

If you're Canadian, and can access any OSINT naval training areas coordinates (such as from the AIP Aeronautical Information or maritime warnings) and can send a link to me, that'd be a big help.

On my 'to do' list, I'd like to do a map of the west coast of South Africa, the 'SAXA' South Australian training areas, and some South American maps (Chile, the Guianas, etc.)

Cheers! :ping:
Stew

p7p8 10-29-20 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoBob (Post 2703350)
That's the point of these maps. Be creative!

I am, now i waiting for you :salute: