SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

Jimbuna 10-02-10 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejacket (Post 1507613)
Thank you GWX team for all your hard wok and time on SH3. SH5 is such a poor product right now IMHO that it is nice that my SH3 mod'ed game with GWX is still on my hard drive.

It is a shame that SH4 did get your attention. It would have benefited from all of the GWX teams talents!:DL

Thank you again for a great mod!!!

Salute!

Danke Kaleun http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Legionary74 10-02-10 08:57 PM

---

Sailor Steve 10-03-10 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionary74 (Post 1507857)
This means the GWs wont be making mods anymore?

God damn...

If there anything I can do, mates...

The GWX team broke up more than a year ago. Individual members still make mods.

Please tone the language down, this is a family-friendly forum. :sunny:

Legionary74 10-03-10 01:02 AM

---

Pablo 10-03-10 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionary74 (Post 1507946)
Didnt see the date :haha:

Not to threadjack, but damn isnt a curse :P

Hi!

Actually, whether it is a curse or not doesn't really matter. Neal has asked the moderators (including me) to "rigidly and assertively" enforce the forum guidelines. You can read the language guideline here, but the money quote is:
"Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge. Express yourself with respect to others.
Now, I don't know what kind of language you used around your mother, so I enforce the guidelines based on the language I would have forum members you use around my mother.

In this case, I think we would all do well to heed Sailor Steve's caution.

Thanks! :)

Pablo

Madox58 10-05-10 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1507925)

Yep.
I just posted an attempt at fixing the 'Bottoming' issue with SH5.
So we do still Mod from time to time.
:03:

Sailor Steve 10-05-10 12:51 PM

Quote:

No, but the word combination is an insult to people who believe in God. And it's unnecessary. And there are underage children who read these forums. It's not about rules, it's about respect.

[edit] Actually it ocurred to me to check, and atually "damn" is a curse. The dictionary definition of curse is "the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.", and "God damn" is specifically a request or wish that God would condemn someone to hell. Is that how you feel?

Schwieger 10-05-10 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1509512)
No, but the word combination is an insult to people who believe in God. And it's unnecessary. And there are underage children who read these forums. It's not about rules, it's about respect.

[edit] Actually it ocurred to me to check, and atually "damn" is a curse. The dictionary definition of curse is "the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.", and "God damn" is specifically a request or wish that God would condemn someone to hell. Is that how you feel?

With that definition you could make anything a curse :hmmm: not defending him, just saying :shifty:

Packerton 12-21-10 03:12 AM

Can't believe I never chimed into this topic, I have not been on subsim for a long time, at any case, it was sad when the journey had to end last year, I was glad to be a part of the last SH 3 release, lots of time and hard work was spent testing it.

TheBeast 12-22-10 09:32 AM

Live and Kicking

I think The Grey Wolf Crew is still alive and kicking but taking a breather. I still see The Grey Wolf Crew Sig's on new forum posts all over the place. If the crew was truely disbanded why is the crew still flying colors?:hmmm: "Because they are "still" part of the crew.":rock:

Sailor Steve 12-22-10 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1558660)
I think The Grey Wolf Crew is still alive and kicking but taking a breather. I still see The Grey Wolf Crew Sig's on new forum posts all over the place. If the crew was truely disbanded why is the crew still flying colors?:hmmm: "Because they are "still" part of the crew.":rock:

Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2. Do you think they are still together?

Sorry, The Grey Wolves are indeed disbanded. Some of them still mod, alone or with others. Some of them haven't been heard from, even by other GWs, for a year or more. The ones who are still around "fly the colors" because they are proud of what they were and what they did.

Your wishful thinking won't make it so.

mookiemookie 12-22-10 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1558752)
Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2. Do you think they are still together?

Sorry, The Grey Wolves are indeed disbanded. Some of them still mod, alone or with others. Some of them haven't been heard from, even by other GWs, for a year or more. The ones who are still around "fly the colors" because they are proud of what they were and what they did.

Your wishful thinking won't make it so.

:o Bad day, Steve? :03:

FIREWALL 12-22-10 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1507925)

Please tone the language down, this is a family-friendly forum. :sunny:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 1508422)
Hi!

Actually, whether it is a curse or not doesn't really matter. Neal has asked the moderators (including me) to "rigidly and assertively" enforce the forum guidelines. You can read the language guideline here, but the money quote is:
"Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge. Express yourself with respect to others.
Now, I don't know what kind of language you used around your mother, so I enforce the guidelines based on the language I would have forum members you use around my mother.

In this case, I think we would all do well to heed Sailor Steve's caution.

Thanks! :)

Pablo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1509512)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwieger (Post 1509637)
With that definition you could make anything a curse :hmmm: not defending him, just saying :shifty:

HEY!!! Why don't you guys take the bible beating and thumping to A PM.. And let us discuss GWX.

Hitman 12-22-10 03:49 PM

Quote:

Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2.Do you think they are still together?
The funny part about my avatar is that I never even requested it :88); One day in 2004 after the Pacific Aces release I woke up and there it was, along with my new moderator condition. So that's what you get for modding till your eyes bleed in Subsim.com, an avatar you did not choose and a 24-7-365 shift doing the dirty job here!! :haha:

Sailor Steve 12-22-10 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1558775)
:o Bad day, Steve? :03:

Not at all. The post I responded to seemed to indicate a belief that it was all a hoax and the GWX team was still together and doing things in secret. I just wanted to disabuse him of that incorrect notion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
HEY!!! Why don't you guys take the bible beating and thumping to A PM.. And let us discuss GWX.

1. I don't believe in the bible, so it's hard for me to "beat" or "thump". I do, however, believe in respect and politeness, and when someone breaks the rules, either of the forum or of common decency, I tend to say something.

2. I've talked about GWX here several times, including this page. You haven't posted or discussed it here in more than a year, so your righteous anger sounds a little hollow.