SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   World of Warships (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242917)

Kapitan 10-27-19 05:00 PM

World of Warships

Anyone play this? any recommendations or directs to groups etc?

Just wondering why we have no sub forum on here for the game.

Rockstar 10-28-19 12:31 PM

I play it on a PS4. Unlike COD, BFV or Titanfall which I enjoy immensly. World of warships legends is a relaxing fun game where I dont need to think much. I'm currently dedecating most time working on the U.S. line of battleships towards Iowa. And the Japaneses line of destroyers which can carry a crap ton load of torpedos. Each line and flag of ships have their own strengths and weaknesses.

and its free.

highly recommended

a.k.a. The Toad Prophet

Kapitan 10-28-19 01:32 PM

CDR_Aegis is mine

So far i think im going down a french line :doh:

Rockstar 10-28-19 03:12 PM

I havent started the French line yet. Dabbled a bit with 1st rank German destroyers, they are fast with a low freeboard to get in close and fire a few fish before I get spotted.

Love catching a lone battleship and sinking it before it knew I was there. Ive been there before in a BB dont see anyone around all of sudden Torpedos to port and BOOM down I go. :)

Kapitan 10-28-19 03:29 PM

Im two days in so still have no clue how to add people or battle etc, im still being sunk lol

Rockstar 10-28-19 05:39 PM

haha. never go straight into battle. with battleships stay on your side of the field of play. Use your CAP if you have one or allow faster boats to scout and find your targets. then use your BB's main guns to hammer away at them. be wary of nme destroyers and dont stray to from the herd. if you see a destroyer know that one well placed salvo of HE shells can ruin their day. If you see one closing and it shows it broadside to you it prolly launched torps. so keep your bow or stern pointed at them until they pass. sometime though you never see them until its too late.

destroyers i have the most fun with. never charge into a fight. you usually see everyone else before they see you unless its another destroyer. normally i just spot and look for targets of opportunity circle wide sneak around to nme blind spot if possible, pop smoke when needed and use torpedos.

loads of fun never gets old lol

Sailor Steve 10-28-19 05:52 PM

Moved to proper forum.

james_nix 10-29-19 08:52 AM

I'd play if they had historical battles, but the US and Japan and Germans all on the same team kills any fun for me.

WeeFolks 11-13-19 04:10 AM

I'm playing it. But after updated the latest version for the game on Apknite, Note 10, restart WiFi, didn't know what more I can do, and the game keeps crashing.

Aktungbby 11-13-19 12:19 PM

Welcome aboard!

WeeFolks!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 11-13-19 12:33 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > WeeFolks
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

difool2 12-02-19 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_nix (Post 2634643)
I'd play if they had historical battles, but the US and Japan and Germans all on the same team kills any fun for me.

With a persistent world allowing for, you know, some actual operational and strategic manuevers. Precanned ~15 minutes of silliness holds zero interest for me.