SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Larger or more readable font in Mission Briefings (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=246458)

von Zelda 08-19-20 04:58 PM

Larger or more readable font in Mission Briefings

Playing the latest release (v1.15) and the mission briefings seem too small and hard to read on my laptop.

Is there any way to enlarge the font size or make the letters more readable in the Mission Briefings? Most all other text is okay.

M134 08-20-20 03:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2690693)
Playing the latest release (v1.15) and the mission briefings seem too small and hard to read on my laptop.

Is there any way to enlarge the font size or make the letters more readable in the Mission Briefings? Most all other text is okay.

As I recall the latest version is 1.15g

To enlarge text without .dll modding you have to go to ...campaign00X\language_en\missions and put text you want to enlarge between <size=XX> and </size>
This should be done for EVERY mission...
You'll have to experiment with values. I recommend to start with something around 20

von Zelda 08-20-20 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M134 (Post 2690773)
As I recall the latest version is 1.15g
To enlarge text without .dll modding you have to go to ...campaign00X\language_en\missions and put text you want to enlarge between <size=XX> and </size>
This should be done for EVERY mission...
You'll have to experiment with values. I recommend to start with something around 20

There does not seem to be any font size under individual mission orders, just text.

Under Campaignxxx\language_en\events\notes.text file, lists a font size as follows:

Color=255,255,255,255 Defines a COLOR32 (global text color setting)
Font=0 FONT (0 Default, 1 HUD font, 2 map sans, 3 map serif, 4 newspaper serif)

Also supports Rich Text tags: (tags must be nested in order)
<b></b> BOLD
<i></i> ITALICS
<color=#00000000></color> HTML color for in line color changes only (use COLOR32 above for whole sentences)
<n> or \n = NEW LINE
<size=20></size> FONT SIZE (Awards/medals pages only as newspapers use best fit to format text size)

Text Colors:
NewspaperRed=180,71,64,255
NewspaperDark=57,61,73,255
NewspaperLight=218,218,208,255

I have not tried to edit this file yet, but I don't believe this controls the mission text. I've hunted in both Default and Override directories and have not found any other place to edit font.

Any further ideas.

M134 08-20-20 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2690935)
There does not seem to be any font size under individual mission orders, just text.

Under Campaignxxx\language_en\events\notes.text file, lists a font size as follows:

Color=255,255,255,255 Defines a COLOR32 (global text color setting)
Font=0 FONT (0 Default, 1 HUD font, 2 map sans, 3 map serif, 4 newspaper serif)

Also supports Rich Text tags: (tags must be nested in order)
<b></b> BOLD
<i></i> ITALICS
<color=#00000000></color> HTML color for in line color changes only (use COLOR32 above for whole sentences)
<n> or \n = NEW LINE
<size=20></size> FONT SIZE (Awards/medals pages only as newspapers use best fit to format text size)

Text Colors:
NewspaperRed=180,71,64,255
NewspaperDark=57,61,73,255
NewspaperLight=218,218,208,255

I have not tried to edit this file yet, but I don't believe this controls the mission text. I've hunted in both Default and Override directories and have not found any other place to edit font.

Any further ideas.

notes.txt is just notes. It is only for info and doesnt used by game.

Yes, there is no <size> in mission orders - you have to write it yourself for every briefing. If you place <size=20> at the first point marked by green on that stupid image attachment (sorry, have no wish to use hostings) and </size> at the second - you'll get a bigger text for mission orders

von Zelda 08-21-20 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M134 (Post 2690942)
Yes, there is no <size> in mission orders - you have to write it yourself for every briefing. If you place <size=20> at the first point marked by green on that stupid image attachment (sorry, have no wish to use hostings) and </size> at the second - you'll get a bigger text for mission orders

Thanks, I now understand.