SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   singleplayer (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236093)

olevolsing 12-30-17 07:52 PM

singleplayer

Are there going to be a singleplayer mode in wolfpack?:ping:

THEBERBSTER 12-31-17 05:20 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > olevolsing
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

DiddumsJ 12-31-17 05:54 AM

Theyve said there will be an option to replace unfilled slots with AI on your sub, so basically you should be able to run the missions solo. If youre referring to a campaign like singleplayer story I dont think that will happen.

Aktungbby 12-31-17 11:37 AM

welcome aboard!

DiddumsJ!:Kaleun_Salute:

CDR DPH 01-03-19 09:16 AM

I'm in the market for a new and updated subsim and the promo video caught my eye. I choose not to do multiplayer anything and didn't find any reference to being able to play Wolfpack as a single player. I'll keep my eyes on this project but the lack of any reference to stand alone play, seems to rule out this title for me.

I may have missed the info I was looking for but clearly this is being marketed as requiring several players to operate each sub. The difficulty finding any reference to single player play (with or without other multiplayer subs on a server somewhere) seems to suggest that any ability for the single player to play would be kind of like an afterthought.

I can't imagine a product excluding the single player (I would think a substantial market share) from the experience just because one doesn't have 3 or 4 friends to play with or one doesn't wish their crew to be comprised of online strangers.

Good luck folks.

Alx_Novoros 01-03-19 11:13 AM

guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.

CDR DPH 01-03-19 04:17 PM

Thanks for the clarification and I respect the intent of the developers. I'll look elsewhere for my "death from below" fix.

Best of luck.

Relmu 01-05-19 02:53 PM

It's entirely possible to run the HMS Marulken single handedly, not that it's easy of course, there's a lot of running around to be done.

In theory you only need sonar, helm and targeting. But as long as you have patience and know what to do and when there's no reason you can't take down the flotilla with just one person.

captgeo 03-14-19 09:33 AM

No single player,this not good new's.:doh:

Justaguyinnc 03-14-19 01:58 PM

I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..:Kaleun_Cheers:

AS 03-17-19 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alx_Novoros (Post 2584563)
the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew.

Why? Multiplayers and Single Players would be sort of separated anyway I guess? So why not give those who wish for it a solo mode? You and your Friends wouldn´t be affected anyway.

Aktungbby 03-17-19 01:59 PM

welcome back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justaguyinnc (Post 2596996)
I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..:Kaleun_Cheers:

Justaguyinnc ! :Kaleun_Salute: OUR PLOT WORKED; YOU'RE BACK!

Lasstmichdurch 03-17-19 03:01 PM

For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...

AS 03-17-19 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lasstmichdurch (Post 2597674)
For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...

This. Apart from that: Wolfpack just FEELS so immersive and authentic, it should appeal to the general simulatuion Enthusiast at once. I hope it will be a commercial success, the Devs deserve it!

RoloIrrompible 03-17-19 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alx_Novoros (Post 2584563)
guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.

:Kaleun_Applaud: I can't say it better!