SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   York SubSim Meet 2014 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=214387)

Jimbuna 07-07-14 05:44 AM

York SubSim Meet 2014

I'll open this thread the night before the Meet (Saturday 12th) for the attendees and anyone else to post in.

Will probablyunsticky about a week after the Meet as well.

Looking forward to meeting The Quality Street Gang.

Jimbuna 07-07-14 05:44 AM

Reserved.

TarJak 07-07-14 04:11 PM

Looking forward to it too.

Oberon 07-13-14 01:41 AM

Right, I will be heading out for the taxi in about ten minutes, and all things being equal I will see you chaps at Chelmsford at 10:30. I'll text Tarjak if we don't make the 10:30 and need to take the 10:58.

Looking forward to meeting you chaps. :salute:

Herr-Berbunch 07-13-14 02:15 AM

Still at home, in my underwear, not packed, enjoy your journeys. :D

Jimbuna 07-13-14 04:21 AM

Leaving in ten minutes.

TarJak 07-13-14 04:45 AM

Sitting at Chelmsford station waiting for either Jamie to turn up or a pub to open. Picked up a stray Slovenian who is looking thirsty.:D

Herr-Berbunch 07-13-14 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarJak (Post 2224461)
Sitting at Chelmsford station waiting for either Jamie to turn up or a pub to open. Picked up a stray Slovenian who is looking thirsty.:D

Part one of that plan has worked then.

TarJak 07-13-14 09:24 AM

Got to York safe and sound no stolen limos or missed airport connections.Caught up with Jim, Tony, Anze, Jamie and Gemma. Enjoying the first pint now.

Oberon 07-13-14 05:25 PM

Well, getting to Chelmsford was entertaining, the Ipswich train was delayed by 12 mins because the front coach was packed with more cycles than the Tour De France! Still the guard and driver did their best, and we managed to get the 10:58 to Chelmsford...only to have seven Mexicans with about fourteen very large suitcases which they proceeded to block the gangway with. A scramble over the cases later got us alighted at Chelmers where Tarjak and Betonov were realizing that East Anglia closes on Sunday.
The official Subsim UK meet hats were handed out (who knew that Australia had SSGs, and they were Oberons too) and greetings exchanged, so this is the man I've flown 109s with.and the man I've built square Minecraft factories with. It's a pleasure to meet them both.
So, into the Ford Galaxy we gathered and off to York we went with periodic 'Are ye ther' yet?' calls from Jim on the way.
York was reached about three to four hours later and we checked into our very nice Hotel and then met Jimbuna and Herr B in the pub next door, greetings were exchanged and we talked shop over a pint of IPA (and a vodka and coke for the missus). Then Jim, bless him, handed out the gifts he'd brought us, and we posed outside for the official Subsim UK meet group shots which will no doubt be posted later. We strolled into the city through The Shambles and down to the river, to show Betonov the sights. Then we invaded the local Waites for dinner, many attempts were made to get the location of Jims mystery station to no avail, and then we RTB'd to the hotel. The guys went to the pub to watch the footie while me and the wife turned in.
Tomorrow is a trip into the city, York Air Museum and the National Railway Museum so Betonov can see the fastest steam locomotive in the world!

BrucePartington 07-13-14 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2224587)

Tomorrow is a trip into the city, York Air Museum and the National Railway Museum so Betonov can see the fastest steam locomotive in the world!

Photos, please :D.
I wish I was there.

Herr-Berbunch 07-13-14 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrucePartington (Post 2224590)
Photos, please :D.
I wish I was there.

You say that but I have a photo of a near-naked Jim...

...surely you don't mean it? :hmmm:

PS whilst I'm here, and having drunk a few local brews, it's going well so far. :yeah:

BrucePartington 07-13-14 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 2224604)
You say that but I have a photo of a near-naked Jim...

...surely you don't mean it? :hmmm:

PS whilst I'm here, and having drunk a few local brews, it's going well so far. :yeah:

:haha:
I've seen worse, believe me.

TarJak 07-14-14 09:54 AM

Oh no you haven't. :O:

TarJak 07-14-14 09:55 AM

Great time today wandering around National Railway museum and Elvington