SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LSH 2020: install looking for existing copy SH3.EXE issue (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247884)

Convoi_PQ17 12-31-20 12:27 PM

LSH 2020: install looking for existing copy SH3.EXE issue

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys, but the newest LSH-2020 violates the Subsim copyright rules!

It was always forbidden and considered piracy to include the SH3.exe into a mod.
This is the case with LSH 2020, it includes a complete SH3.exe file.
It has always been the guys from CCOM and LSH who publicly torpedoed other modders with this argument,
so I can't understand why this is now done by themselves! It's clearly a deliberate action.

Stiebler wrote about his patch:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1915148)
I have now uploaded a typical addon folder (GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1) for GWX3.0 Gold, which I have tested to ensure that it functions correctly.

However, for copyright reasons, it does NOT contain the patched SH3.exe required in order to operate. You must create this yourself.

This rule has been applied during all the past years.
Does this rule not or no longer apply for the LSH guys since Rowi is dead?

blackswan40 12-31-20 02:46 PM

Hi Convoi_17 Re LSH 2020 IS A CRACK, IT'S GOT A PIRATE COPY OF SH3.EXE

I think your Mistaken LSH2020 asks you where your SH3 is installed so you have to have a legitimate SH3 Dvd or Download from steam.
The LSH2020 Super Mod does not have SH3 built in if LSH2020 violated copyright dont you think Onkel Neal and Moderators would have taken action if this was the case.
Screenie below of my install the SH3 folder is my fresh DVD install copied n pasted to the BLK40 folder then when i launch the LSH2020 it asks me where my SH3 exe is

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pic...ictureid=11701

Kal_Maximus_U669 12-31-20 02:54 PM

Bad

:D
The underwater simulation has already struggled to evolve is you spoiling....:ping:

c est pour ca peut etre que ca n avance pas...:Kaleun_Applaud:

derstosstrupp 12-31-20 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan40 (Post 2717560)
Hi Convoi_17 Re LSH 2020 IS A CRACK, IT'S GOT A PIRATE COPY OF SH3.EXE

I think your Mistaken LSH2020 asks you where your SH3 is installed so you have to have a legitimate SH3 Dvd or Download from steam.
The LSH2020 Super Mod does not have SH3 built in if LSH2020 violated copyright dont you think Onkel Neal and Moderators would have taken action if this was the case.
Screenie below of my install the SH3 folder is my fresh DVD install copied n pasted to the BLK folder then when i launch the LSH2020 it asks me where my SH3 exe is

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pic...ictureid=11701

I think he’s saying it’s included in the h.sie or Stiebler patches. For patching, you place your own copy of SH3.exe into the patch folder and patch yourself. This is after the initial installation, which asks where your game is installed. I’m not home where my desktop is to check the patch folders, but this could be what OP means - that a patched SH3.exe has been provided to the player already, which is problematic (vs the player using his own copy of SH3.exe).

Jeff-Groves 12-31-20 07:11 PM

Explain to me WHY I have a new SH3.exe in a folder where no SH3.exe was before.
Would you like to see the example files?

I support this claim of wrong doing. And I'm not am amateur to be fooled unless it is explained to me in detail.

derstosstrupp 12-31-20 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2717613)
Explain to me WHY I have a new SH3.exe in a folder where no SH3.exe was before.
Would you like to see the example files?

I support this claim of wrong doing. And I'm not am amateur to be fooled unless it is explained to me in detail.

Exactly. If when unpacking LSH, there’s an exe there already patched, big no-no. This needs to get fixed if true.

Jeff-Groves 12-31-20 09:23 PM

I will respect any Mod Team that plays by the rules and support them.
This issue needs to be resolved to my standards before I further support LSH.
I will NOT expose any code I can examine that proves to me LSH install modified files based on what I pointed it to.
Other then that? I say this is wrong!

Jeff-Groves 12-31-20 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2717635)
I will respect any Mod Team that plays by the rules and support them.
This issue needs to be resolved to my standards before I further support LSH.
I will NOT expose any code I can examine that proves to me LSH install modified files based on what I pointed it to.
Other then that? I say this is wrong!

There is a possibility the SH3.exe is patched and copied on the fly during install. But That has to be proven to me.

Mad Mardigan 12-31-20 10:06 PM

LSH 2020 IS A CRACK, IT'S GOT A PIRATE COPY OF SH3.EXE

I've looked into the folder where I got LSH3-2020, installed... after running the install.exe itself.

In the install.exe folder... there is NO sh3.exe located in that folder.

Proceeded to check the folder where the installer after asking where I had a legit copy of SH3 installed/located at..(which I have legit access via both Steam & Ubi, & have the main, unmodded copy saved to My 2nd HD, (I use a 2 HD set up on My computer... C:\ is where I run games from, windows from, games & games libraries for all game launchers are in a folder NOT in either Program files or Program files (x86)... in NO way... as it goes, the 2nd HD.. holds My mods repository, Origin, Steam, Ubi... etc. game launchers are located here.) proceeded to create in C:\Games\SH3 the folder tagged as: LSH3-2020

Upon checking the LSH3-2020 folder (created 12/23/2020)... in the MODS folder, located in the _LSH3-2020___Patch_HSIE-V16B1 folder, there is an sh3.exe there & it has the date of:

12/23/2020, when you mouse over it, but... in the modified by date it reads, as follows:

03/05/2020

So, I have to ask... just what is up with the discrepancy in dates here..???

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Jeff-Groves 12-31-20 10:14 PM

Tried deleting the LSH folder I installed to and it will not allow.
Very suspicious to me.

Jeff-Groves 12-31-20 10:35 PM

Also. Since i edited files?
Why do the same files show in the LSH folder at a greater size and the Game runs?
:hmmm:
My edits, if files were just copied, would crash on start.

Texas Red 01-01-21 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2717657)
Also. Since i edited files?
Why do the same files show in the LSH folder at a greater size and the Game runs?
:hmmm:
My edits, if files were just copied, would crash on start.

What are you suggesting? Malware? Or is this supporting the fact that the LSH mod pirated the game? :hmmm:

Jeff-Groves 01-02-21 01:18 PM

LSH can be fooled to install a COMPLETE version of SH3 in a folder.
You don't NEED a true copy of SH3 installed!

And this has been backed up by others doing just that!

That's what I'm saying.
The install directory also includes sh3.dll
Open that with any hex editor and search for StarForce.
Tell me what you see!

You know what? I could probably go Viral on YouTube with this!!!

Jeff-Groves 01-02-21 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2717644)

So, I have to ask... just what is up with the discrepancy in dates here..???

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

I can tell you what is going on.
When one takes an early version of 1.4b then patches it with the Reloaded Crack? It leaves traces.
Now any AMATEUR Hex editing can change the names to try to hide this fact.
What you CAN NOT HIDE is the actual code changes when seen in Hex.
(And I'm pretty damned good in hex!)
BUT! I don't even have to go that deep!
Open sh3.dll in ANY hex editor and do a search for StarForce!
For Gods Sake! If you want to try to fool me?
You had better learn to get A LOT better!

Jimbuna 01-02-21 02:45 PM

I'd be interested in seeing some form of response from the LSH team but in the meantime, matters will be looked into in an effort to get some kind of clarity.