SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

01-26-07 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld
I am a litlle confused. I can already go into the radio compartment on my sub. Why is he doing it again?

So that from the Control Room you can see all the way through to the Radio Room. i.e No closed doors. If I'm not mistaken, he's added a 'galley' aswell.

Rocking work, now pray to the SH3 Gods that this can actually be added.

So it's just a view, not standing in the actual compartment?

Dowly 01-26-07 09:21 AM

You can always use the shift+F2 to go to the extra compartments. ;)

perdu 01-26-07 09:21 AM

nvdriffer may be right.
making thoses compartiments playable may be not possibile :damn::damn:

I don't think that this mod as to be interpreted as other than "open hatches" !!!
just a very nice eye candy mod:rock::rock:

but the problem are the lights that have to be clonned ( i guess, as i do not know how they works at all) from the main compartiment as they have to change to red by night.

Kpt. Lehmann 01-26-07 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWorth
Quote:

Originally Posted by ref
Those are 3d renderings, have you imported them back to SH3 and made them work?

Ref

And that there will be the main hitch..getting them in and actually working in game.

Exactly... and then there is the question of cost in FPS.

I hope like hell it works though. Its really funny, the different mods have opened up so many new things and entirely new operational areas... but parts of your own U-boat remain "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY!!!" :ping:

Keep up the good work Urfisch!!! Don't stop!!!:up: :up: :up:

JCWolf 01-26-07 11:45 AM

At least if he can't place it as we wished, we will certanely have a new visual dimension on the Command room insted two closed Grey round Hatchs...:up:

But I'm almost sure as sayed it on mi previouse post, that this is an hardcoded Stuff, and it will not be possible to add new compartements and interior life on them, as the rest of the fully playable compartements...:hmm:

Dowly 01-26-07 11:56 AM

I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Jimbuna 01-26-07 12:15 PM

Great work this :rock: ...let's hope it's within the realms of possibility :yep: :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 01-26-07 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Exactly!:arrgh!:

Albrecht Von Hesse 01-26-07 12:23 PM

It might not be all that difficult as it seems. It's always appeared to me that the game had the intention of moving to additional compartments but was never implemented, so the hard coding might already be in place, but what lacks is the additional things to work.

Rhodes 01-26-07 12:29 PM

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:D :up: Cool, if this can be implemented in the game, plus the minor corretion plus, NYGM mod of the observation periscope in the right place, plus seeing the shaft of the atack periscope and some things more and the game will have a new and fresh face.

Jimbuna 01-26-07 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:D :up: Cool, if this can be implemented in the game, plus the minor corretion plus, NYGM mod of the observation periscope in the right place, plus seeing the shaft of the atack periscope and some things more and the game will have a new and fresh face.

I was more than happy with the 'new and fresh face' GWX gave us :yep:

oRGy 01-26-07 04:42 PM

Be sure to try to reuse existing textures to save on memory and keep any new areas consistent looking.

Shouldn't be too difficult to actually replace the existing 3d models with new ones, but as he says, the devil is in the details of crew members and working gadgets.

WilhelmSchulz. 01-26-07 05:59 PM

The raido room might be a problem though. Since it might interfeir with the original raido room.:hmm:

Rhodes 01-26-07 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

But You can be even happier, or no? ehehe:lol:

GWX is top, but I think there is no harm to improve more the game.

Jimbuna 01-26-07 06:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

But You can be even happier, or no? ehehe:lol:

GWX is top, but I think there is no harm to improve more the game.

There is always room for improvement :yep: