SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Cold waters, dangerous waters or maybe uboat? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245307)

Spuky05 05-29-20 06:36 AM

Cold waters, dangerous waters or maybe uboat?

Hey Guys,
I have SH5 and Wolfpack but I recently got interested in more modern Uboats dangerous waters looks great in terms of realism etc. But the graphics really hold me off, cold waters looks great in this aspect but not in terms of realism.
Or should I just buy uboat and stay away from the modern subs, because it has nice graphics and also a ego perspective it looks great too.
What would you guys suggest?
Greetings Spuky05

ETR3(SS) 05-29-20 09:27 AM

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of realism, but Cold Waters is a really great game and I recommend it.

sonicninja 05-29-20 09:45 AM

"Con, knuckle formed"........."Con, knuckle formed"......"Con, knuckle formed" :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Those that play it will know

Spuky05 05-29-20 01:19 PM

Ok, thank you then I think I’ll go with it 😊

Bilge_Rat 05-31-20 06:08 AM

Cold Waters is a great game, one of my favorites. It is new so compatible with new systems and all resolutions. Allows you to play with a wide variety of cold war subs. Has a great and very replayable campaign game. Good combination of fun and realism. Also very easy to mod so you can make it as tough as you want. Highly recommended.

Dangerous Waters is also good, but getting on the old side. Campaign is just a series of scripted missions. Only real advantage is that you can man the various stations and do everything manually, i.e. detection, classification, TMA, etc.

FPSchazly 05-31-20 07:07 PM

Yeah, depends what you want. Three very different games. You'll be more of a captain in Cold Waters and more of the fun is in seeing all the different enemy platforms, evading torps, attacking enemy formations. In Dangerous Waters, you can manually track contacts in sonar through broadband, narrowband, and active intercept and you can develop manual solutions in TMA. I don't think it's too hard to get into due to age, but I could very much be biased haha :03: So you have Dangerous Waters, Sub Command, and 688(I) Hunter/Killer from newest to oldest, all made by the same devs. Three campaigns and Dangeorus Waters also has additional campaigns such as Red Storm Rising and Liu Doctrine for even more hours of gameplay. Honestly, you should be able to get all these games cheaply enough. Just get them and try them. :up:

Spuky05 06-01-20 02:28 AM

Thank you all for answering, I will probably buy dangerous waters too and just try it

Sonarman 06-23-20 01:20 AM

I heard that the Steam Summer sale is meant to start this weekend. So I’d hold off for that if I were you all three of those titles may be reduced.