SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

morttheslayer 04-19-10 04:06 AM

I'm calling the last issue v.4

Zee I see everyone is calling the last version issued No5, well mine is the same but I'm calling it v.4 :88) Its mine now :haha:

ATB - Mort

LcSummers 04-19-10 04:10 AM

Drunken?

Hi Morty,

still drunken from your daughters marriage? :haha: (dont take that too serious). Or was training with 88mm shell to hard?

Where have you been? (or Mr. Bean):D Zw gave us a new update, we are testing version5. Its a lighter version.

Cheers and happy testing :hmmm:

LC

PS: did not saw your previous blog

LcSummers 04-19-10 04:27 AM

Mortys report

Hello again,

had the same experiences like you morty. Made some setup changes in graphics- the same no improvment.

As i think it has to be done that the original game is using only one core and it cant come up with the demands. Its is not only your PC that is suffering, mine too.

Your comrades leaving you behind is herer too. This will give you some more fps but its hard to fight the Russiian frontline.

Lets see what is happening when more cores are supported. Hopefully this will improve fps in a such kind of way, that ZW can put all his intended subjects like tanks etc.

Testing is going well, i like it to see how ZW is attacking this project in any way. Its really tremendous. :yeah:

LC

Hitman 04-19-10 07:01 AM

HI Zee, just received latest mission update and was wondering if you want an individual confirmation from us, to check that we all are receiving it.

KdF 04-19-10 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1365016)
I forgot to mention there is a small utility that works around the original
software's lack of multiprocessing it's called prioaff.exe

prioaff.exe works really well for working all your CPUs

If you want to check it out I will e-mail you all you have to do to get it
up and running with a simple Batch file I could write for you. It's easy as
pie LC. After you finish with v5 with how you are setup now I will prepare
all you need tomorrow first thing.:yep:

Cheers Kamerad und Kameraden!:salute:

ZW

Send that to me too...I have a Core Duo, and I'll check it out.
Allways like new programs.

morttheslayer 04-19-10 11:48 AM

Last into friggin battle again

Hi Zee and Kamaraden

Lc was right there was a new v.5 sitting in my Spam box trouble is I didn't notice it until midday today (I looked previously but it hadn't come through the gate yet).

I am keen to try the lighter version, pretty confident that Zee will have worked his customary magic and I will still get killed!!!
I'll go without the immortal claok this time (looks like another late night).

I think 2 versions of each mission would extend the life of this sim very significantly and give the members all the options needed for satisfying gameplay. I know Zee wanted all the "heavy" action to be fully realistic but we are exploring limitations of hardware and software capability. I'd hate all ZW's hard work to be put aside but in fact I see in about 6-12 months time lots more members getting HW that will cope with the "realistic" missions - perhaps that's what we should call the heavy version as it sound right!
I'd now like to thank Zee again for listening and giving such support to us I say again this is money more than well spent. If Zee had a garage your car would be perfection but he'd be bankrupt in a month :haha:

Lc How did you know I was still drunk ?? :har:
I put my slow responses down to the (as Zee said) culture shock I suffered in Scotland.
Not sure if you can truly get 2 Core response unless programme is specifically written, you can allocate other services (Like Track IR, Joysticks etc and background services from your "primary gaming core" but to specifically have a new programme written for Dual/Quad Cores is I think a bridge well too far!!! What is your Core speed Lc (less than 3GHz?).

Thanks Zee & Guys ATB - Mort :salute: (Ver5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

indebin 04-19-10 03:50 PM

v5

Hi ZW
Installed ok. Starts at 9fps-drops to 5 when the artillery starts-4.2 to 4.5 up to top of hill-4.2 to 5 down hill-drops to 3.5 as enter wood-5 to 5.5 to village. set as driver with auto-gunner just to see what happens-did not get knocked out till almost at village. Playable but still very jerky. This is with intel 9450-gigabyte x48ds5-4 gigs 1066-ati 4870.
Tried it on core duo 8400-asus p5q deluxe-4gigs 1066-ati 5770 and the fps were up 1.5 to 2 compared to the 9450.

morttheslayer 04-19-10 05:11 PM

Version 5 (I got there)

Hi Zee
Same as indebin, installed no problem.

Start to drive towards village artilliary starts and FPS running around 7.6 to 8.2 in F6 external view - same for Commanders open cupola riding i turret with outside all round views same as F6 (as you'd expect). F5 binocular view gives me 10 to 11 FPS which is nice. Overall improvement for me anyway with some FPS drops.

FPS dropped a bit when reaching the woods overlooking village C (i.e. N-E of the village) running around 5.6 to 6.3 and slightly jerky. This area was the worst for FPS hit.

After clearing out Village C framerate rose a bit to 9 to 10 FPS (F6).
Turnig attention to distant artilliary via the Katushka (spelling??!) rocket launchers (to N-W of village) FPS running at around 8 to 10 (F6 view) OK really but looks a bit jerky when watching tank travelling over terrain in close up views.

After dealing with Launchers (by running into them as I was low on ammo) noticed adjacent building suspended in the air due to me shooting it, or the distant artilliary gun hittting it while shooting at me.

Finally got to last artilliary positions located N-E of village (4 Guns I think) with two AT guns supporting; the framerate held up and was around 9 FPS average for this action.

Strange behaviour/prog for these last 4 Guns, I shot all the crews/soldiers, and they kept firing (spooky) enough to frighten any superstitious Ivan. I guess you've got to get a hit with your main 88 to destroy the Arty Guns but I was out of ammo. Then having disabled one AT gun (it still showed up on the map) and knocked out the other I had nothing left and had to exit.
I did operate in immortal mode finally, as my tracks were knocked out twice and I couldn't summon any Hannomags for repair although I tried. Don't know if they are programmed into this mission anyway.
As this was the case I couldn't see why the bulk of the support force remained on the outskirts of the village again. One solitary Tiger came up to the AT ditch and barbed wire - I got through but the other tank (I like to think it was Lc) :haha: got knocked out. That was my only support and it didn't last long.

Good job Zee I think I am just on the limit of playability when the FPS drop to say 5.6 to 6.3, happily (for me) this didn't last very long, but I feel for those members like indebin who suffer a big FPS hit.

Now interested to see what results the others manage.

Briefly: much much better for me, and I wouldn't like to have a lesser performance (FPS) then this. (This is a Very big map too - nice) :salute:

Thanks for the updates so far and hope this has been useful.
Best Wishes - Mort

frinik 04-19-10 10:23 PM

Instancing

Hi Morty!

Welcome back from the Highlands!

I was reading your post about your ATI Radeon gcs and there was an article I read about instancing particularly for ATI Radeon cards while gaming. Here's what it says "

The videoadapter does not support hardware Instancing. This will cause considerable performance decrease. If you have ATI Radeon videoadapter, enable Instancing support in the driver settings!\n\n;"

I don't know if this is relevant to you but might want to check if your ATI has instancing enabled and whether it makes any difference in your fps.

Cheers:rock:

LcSummers 04-20-10 01:38 AM

Hi

Hello Morty,

just to answer your question:

Quote:but to specifically have a new programme written for Dual/Quad Cores is I think a bridge well too far!!! What is your Core speed Lc (less than 3GHz?).

I have a 3.4GHz quad core. I think it is only a try with ZWs mentioned "prioaff.exe". It is not a must but its like beta testing. We will see the result if this tool will increase FPS or not.

Thats my opinion, if this tool doesnt give us a boost so we can continueing with version 5.

Cheers and a nice day for everyone

LC :woot:

PS: Oh my god i was promoted to engineer, does this mean i am here to overhaul only the engines (Maybach 230) of those Tigers and to see how my Kameraden are fighting without me?

LcSummers 04-20-10 01:51 AM

Help me Morty ????

Hi again,

read this one

Quote:
As this was the case I couldn't see why the bulk of the support force remained on the outskirts of the village again. One solitary Tiger came up to the AT ditch and barbed wire - I got through but the other tank (I like to think it was Lc) :haha: got knocked out. That was my only support and it didn't last long.

What have you done? Helped me either way? I hope so. Gave me some beer from your last feast.
Thank you Commander Morty. Now i am fine but you forgot to bring me my purple crutches. Cant leave that tank.:rotfl2:

LC :hmmm:

frinik 04-20-10 02:08 AM

Sound?

Wow Lc you have a 3.4 gigahertz processor and you average only 6 pfs????I am starting to wonder if a fast processor is really the only answer to the low fps problem

.The graphic card definitely comes into play and may be the sound hardware as well? Have you noticed jerkiness or stuttering in your game when there are lots of explosions/noise( seen or unseen) in the background? Turn the sound off in your game and see how the fps behave?

I am waiting to see how you guys are faring before I jump into the fray with my 2.0 gig processor....I am also a scavenger looking for damaged Tigers to grab and repair and then sell on the black market.Just you watch your backs guys:arrgh!:

PS I am not stinking drunk and neither am I in Trinidad....

Cheers

Chucky 04-20-10 02:24 AM

I would love to try out my hardware on this but I have lost my way a bit.
I'm no longer sure what patches/files I should have.:-?

LcSummers 04-20-10 04:20 AM

Sorry

[QUOTE=frinik;1366099]

The graphic card definitely comes into play and may be the sound hardware as well? Have you noticed jerkiness or stuttering in your game when there are lots of explosions/noise( seen or unseen) in the background? Turn the sound off in your game and see how the fps behave?

Hi frinic,

can you please tell me what do you mean exactly with jerkiness? :hmmm:

Thank you

LC

PS: Your suggestion with sound on/off will be done

PPS: My sound card is an old but very good (for me) SC.Its a CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2ZS with newest Win7 driver.
Never had any problems under Win7.

LcSummers 04-20-10 04:28 AM

Chucky

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1366108)
I would love to try out my hardware on this but I have lost my way a bit.
I'm no longer sure what patches/files I should have.:-?

Hi chucky,

the only thing i can say to you we or its me are using 1ZW_MO_Kursk_Mission_1_Pre-Alpha_v5 This is the first Kursk mission.

Further i have installed new German Mission3 from ZW wich runs and is very fantastic.

If i can help you in any way tell me please.

Cheers

LC