SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Was Hitler an insane madman? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252712)

Rockstar 05-16-22 05:53 PM

Was Hitler an insane madman?

NO

https://youtu.be/nvjphjclEaQ

mapuc 05-16-22 06:00 PM

Not in the beginning I say he wasn't he was a very speculating person who had a goal..

In the end of his life-Yes here I think he went insane mad.

Then of course I'm not a psychologist so what do I know.

Markus

Reece 05-16-22 06:23 PM

Madman yes, I'll add a power hungry nasty piece of crap!! :k_confused:

Rockstar 05-16-22 06:36 PM

TIK is basically saying if you think he was an INSANE madman then you are in essence protecting him because you believe he had a mental disability and therefore is not responsible for his actions. :hmmm: Something to think about. Especially considering the current aggressor that invaded Ukraine

Skybird 05-16-22 06:56 PM

No doubt he formed out a psychopathic personality.

When that process started in his life, can be discussed. That the diagnostic concept is not just a myth, but makes sense to stick with, to me is not open for discussion (as it is for quite some psychologists today).

Diagnostic categories in psychology follow vogues, and last but not least: political correctness, sometimes for good, sometimes for worse. They can change over time not necessarily always due to new scientific insight, but due to changing times: and then just reflecting changing social values, independent of how "valuable" these values may be or may be not. If you are the only seeing man living in the land of the blind, then you are the exception from what is defined as "normal".

Rockstar 05-16-22 07:30 PM

Can’t deny he may have been a psychopath.

But even a psychopath knows the difference between right and wrong, legal and illegal. It’s my understanding if a police officer is present a psychopath will refrain from activity which may land them in jail. Therefore a responsible person.

An insane person is not aware.

Skybird 05-16-22 08:20 PM

He knows right and wrong in tbe meaning of recommended (not) if that officer is there. But he is also unscrupolously manipulative and anti-ethical. He knows how to manipulate others by THEIR ethics and turning these against them, but they have no moral meaning for himself, he has no morals like he has no empathy and is unable to feel empathy.

Kapitan 05-17-22 12:56 AM

Think Alex Churchill put it best in one of the world war weird documentaries

“Hitler was basically a smack head”

Catfish 05-17-22 01:09 AM

Hitler was not a "madman". Power greedy, without morals, yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2809000)
He knows right and wrong in tbe meaning of recommended [...] But he is also unscrupolously manipulative and anti-ethical. He knows how to manipulate others by THEIR ethics and turning these against them, but they have no moral meaning for himself, he has no morals like he has no empathy and is unable to feel empathy.

That is what i think, and which fits for a lot of potentates.

Skybird 05-17-22 03:50 AM

One needs to never forget one thing aboug such a psychopathic personality structure: it is capable of unlimited cruelty without any remorse, if that is what serves its interests. Psychopaths are egoism monsters.

Catfish 05-17-22 04:01 AM

How the propaganda resembles ..

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...a-really-works

"In a situation where a regime does something likely to be unpopular with its people, like the current invasion of Ukraine, propaganda can channel citizens through three steps of rationalisation: denial, minimisation, and justification.

In the denial phase, the propaganda can help citizens reject the factual evidence and believe that it is not happening:
“There is no war, it is a limited operation.”

In the minimisation phase, as factual evidence gets harder to reject, propaganda may help citizens minimise the problem:
“There is a conflict but it is limited.”

Finally, in the justification phase, propaganda can help citizens progressively accept and support the new reality:
“There is a war but it was needed.”

Same everwhere, since millenia. Only the means to spread and infiltrate private homes have changed.

Jimbuna 05-17-22 05:40 AM

I believe Hitler and Putin more or less both tick the same boxes.

mapuc 05-17-22 08:37 AM

The biggest question is...

Would we recognize an upcoming Hitler a person like him ?

Some will say Putin is like Hitler- This may be true..but I'm thinking here in our western hemisphere..would people when they vote see what kind of person the Politician is-His or her true psychological nature ?

Markus

Skybird 05-17-22 08:51 AM

Obviously not. People still go voting. And often its the worst of the worst winning. The system is designed to maximise the chance that this and nothing else is the outcome. Stop legitimise it.

Jimbuna 05-17-22 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2809063)
Obviously not. People still go voting. And often its the worst of the worst winning. The system is designed to maximise the chance that this and nothing else is the outcome. Stop legitimise it.

Yep :yep: