SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   problem installing LSH3 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=256576)

Skipjack 02-01-24 03:42 PM

problem installing LSH3

Problem installing LHS3-Edition-2015-STARTED-FULL.exe.
Silent Hunter is in C:\Games\SilentHunterIII installed from disk.
My problem is the message:
You have selected this path C:\Games\SilentHunterIII
No valid SH3.exe found
Installation and patch impossible.
This is going on a Laptop running windows 10. I have successfully installed the LSH3 to an All in One running windows 11.
SH3.exe compatibility is set to OS 7. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
:k_confused:

propbeanie 02-02-24 10:59 PM

Right-click on your SH3.exe in File Manager, and select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "Details" tab, and about in the middle is "Product version:" Make a mental note of that, and post that in your next post. Usually something like "1,4,0,0" or some such... Also, what is the "path" to your game? In other words, do you have it in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \SilentHunter3" or similar? :salute:

Skipjack 02-03-24 08:37 PM

As I said in my post the game is installed to C:\Games\SilentHunterIII. The version of SH3.exe is 1.4.0.1 :Kaleun_Cheers:

Hebe Vollmaus 02-04-24 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipjack (Post 2901193)
Problem installing LHS3-Edition-2015-STARTED-FULL.exe.
Silent Hunter is in C:\Games\SilentHunterIII installed from disk.
My problem is the message:
You have selected this path C:\Games\SilentHunterIII
No valid SH3.exe found
Installation and patch impossible.
This is going on a Laptop running windows 10. I have successfully installed the LSH3 to an All in One running windows 11.
SH3.exe compatibility is set to OS 7. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

What is interested here is the Version (or better the Date of its build) of your SH3-install. Not the Version-Number. For example i believe the newer then year 2015 build versions of Ubisoft-Online or Steam-Online will not work.

Use an older kompatible SH3-install like DVD.
or
Unpack the FULL.exe and build an JSGME-ready-install of it. Yes i know it is PW-protected, but it IS possible to get it without cracking - ask the Opreating-system.

Skipjack 02-04-24 12:55 PM

Thanks Hehe for the info. Not really sure what your saying but I have it working. I reinstalled SH3 applied the 1.4 patch then installed LSH3 again and it worked. :Kaleun_Applaud: I probably should have gone with the multiple install but Single player will be fine for awhile. Thanks for dropping in with the ideas.
:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Hebe Vollmaus 02-04-24 01:07 PM

Good that its working now.
"LSH3-EDITION-2015-INSTALLATION_EN.pdf" Page 14 cannot be made wrong. :up:

Skipjack 02-04-24 11:21 PM

Right.... the fine print :Kaleun_Binocular: