SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Onealex 05-02-21 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2745576)
Sadly no

Me too

big_pharma 05-02-21 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2745509)
1 No. It changes only campaign files.
2 Yes. Run SH3 as administrator for main.cfg creation in "Documents" folder. After that exit the game.

So I removed all the files and tried it again - running the initial SH3.exe (when populating main.cfg for the first time) as administrator did the trick. I was running it normally and that was why I was getting the "Type Mismatch" error from SH3Weather when using SH3Cmdr.exe.

However I don't see the SH3Weather window after my first launch of a career in SH3Commander. It loads my saves now though, so can't complain.

Thanks again!

Anvar1061 05-03-21 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2745555)
Can you fix it?

Find the Node with the prjector in the plane's eqp and set the date to 19420601

Levyathan89 05-03-21 02:58 AM

I've made a little mod that basically integrates NYGMs tonnage war feature into Onealex' GWX, which means that now tonnage and renown are the same (1000 tons sunk = 1000 renown) and the cost for equipment is zero, but equipping your boat or getting a new boat takes a lot longer than before, so instead of in renown, you pay in time.

May I post the link here? And would anyone be interested in trying it out?


Oh, and I love your mod, Onealex, fantastic work! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Onealex 05-03-21 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levyathan89 (Post 2745680)
I've made a little mod that basically integrates NYGMs tonnage war feature into Onealex' GWX, which means that now tonnage and renown are the same (1000 tons sunk = 1000 renown) and the cost for equipment is zero, but equipping your boat or getting a new boat takes a lot longer than before, so instead of in renown, you pay in time.

May I post the link here? And would anyone be interested in trying it out?


Oh, and I love your mod, Onealex, fantastic work! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

It will kill all my work with renown balance

Levyathan89 05-03-21 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2745682)
It will kill all my work with renown balance

Sorry man, I really didn't mean to disregard your work. The tonnage thing is just a personal preference of mine.

U301 05-03-21 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levyathan89 (Post 2745680)
I've made a little mod that basically integrates NYGMs tonnage war feature into Onealex' GWX, which means that now tonnage and renown are the same (1000 tons sunk = 1000 renown) and the cost for equipment is zero, but equipping your boat or getting a new boat takes a lot longer than before, so instead of in renown, you pay in time.
May I post the link here? And would anyone be interested in trying it out?
Oh, and I love your mod, Onealex, fantastic work! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Anything regarding NYGM's has to be good.
KUrtz

dex 05-03-21 05:29 AM

about hostile sub
 
OneAlex question about putting more hostile sub in future update....
Once in 1941 wnen I returning to base Lorient,discover contact,sonar, and chased for british sub in Biscay bay,but it was big storm and I am failed...I wanted for first time sink sub in OneAlex mod

CapZap1970 05-03-21 08:27 PM

Alex, one little question...


Let's say I am sailing submerged heading North (00 Degrees North) and I turn 45 Degrees West (Heading NE). Why does the sub bounce back 3-4 degrees back to North? Of course, this is just an example, it happens always. Is there a way to reduce the bounce? Thanks for your reply :up:

Onealex 05-04-21 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2745841)
Alex, one little question...


Let's say I am sailing submerged heading North (00 Degrees North) and I turn 45 Degrees West (Heading NE). Why does the sub bounce back 3-4 degrees back to North? Of course, this is just an example, it happens always. Is there a way to reduce the bounce? Thanks for your reply :up:

Good question. But I don't have an answer (

Mad Mardigan 05-04-21 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2745841)
Alex, one little question...


Let's say I am sailing submerged heading North (00 Degrees North) and I turn 45 Degrees West (Heading NE). Why does the sub bounce back 3-4 degrees back to North? Of course, this is just an example, it happens always. Is there a way to reduce the bounce? Thanks for your reply :up:

Is a matter of equal-opposite reaction.

As you know CapZap1970, just a couple of inches of water, on land, will efficiently knock you on your arse. :o :yep:

Well, just multiply that by 1/2 a foot, a couple of feet, or more... & well... I think by now, you get the picture. That sub, is going to go where waves decide it is going to go pretty much. The sub can drive forward ok, but you can bet there is going to be some what of a bit of side drift, either to port or starboard, depending on where the weight of that water is hitting.

That help any... :hmmm:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

CapZap1970 05-04-21 12:57 AM

Thanks a lot for your replies Alex & M.M. :up:
Then I suppose it is modeled somewhere in the Submarine/NSSUboatXX folders :hmmm:

Mad Mardigan 05-04-21 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2745860)
Thanks a lot for your replies Alex & M.M. :up:
Then I suppose it is modeled somewhere in the Submarine/NSSUboatXX folders :hmmm:

That, is what I know of, is real world physics...

As for it being modeled into SH3... *shrugs* can't say for sure.. but, I do believe at least to Me at any rate, that it is.. likely in 1 of the sections that haven't been touched.

I do admit, I could well be mistaken, but.. given traveling along & watching the compass gyrate wildly showing that the course heading I was on, was drifting & going further to where I was side slipping off any number of degrees port... or starboard... well... that's what I have to go by.. that somewhere in all the guts of that code, is some line or lines that would 'mimic' wave action & the end results.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Oh yeah... an add to that of sitting engines dead & waiting orders, watching the uboat get swung port... or starboard, & NOT doing so on My orders or engine power... Yeah... I do believe so, is the only answer... that can be, like Sherlock Holmes... When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

U301 05-04-21 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2745865)
That, is what I know of, is real world physics...

As for it being modelled into SH3... *shrugs* can't say for sure.. but, I do believe at least to Me at any rate, that it is.. likely in 1 of the sections that haven't been touched.

I do admit, I could well be mistaken, but.. given travelling along & watching the compass gyrate wildly showing that the course heading I was on, was drifting & going further to where I was side slipping off any number of degrees port... or starboard... well... that's what I have to go by.. that somewhere in all the guts of that code, is some line or lines that would 'mimic' wave action & the end results.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Oh yeah... an add to that of sitting engines dead & waiting orders, watching the U-boat get swung port... or starboard, & NOT doing so on My orders or engine power... Yeah... I do believe so, is the only answer... that can be, like Sherlock Holmes... When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Herr Kaleun,
Subjektivismus.
Jede der verschiedenen Theorien besagt, dass der einzig gültige Maßstab für die Beurteilung die des Individuums ist. Zum Beispiel ist der ethische Subjektivismus der Ansicht, dass das individuelle Gewissen der einzig angemessene Maßstab für ein moralisches Urteil ist.

Ich habe seit vielen Jahren keine so beredte Rede mehr gehört!
:Kaleun_Cheers:
KUrtz

Mad Mardigan 05-04-21 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U301 (Post 2745877)
Herr Kaleun,
Subjektivismus.
Jede der verschiedenen Theorien besagt, dass der einzig gültige Maßstab für die Beurteilung die des Individuums ist. Zum Beispiel ist der ethische Subjektivismus der Ansicht, dass das individuelle Gewissen der einzig angemessene Maßstab für ein moralisches Urteil ist.

Ich habe seit vielen Jahren keine so beredte Rede mehr gehört!
:Kaleun_Cheers:
KUrtz

Translation, via Google (as to it's.. accuracy, is debatable... :hmmm:)

Mr. Kaleun,

Subjectivism.

Each of the various theories holds that the only valid yardstick for judging is that of the individual. For example, ethical subjectivism holds that individual conscience is the only appropriate yardstick for making moral judgment.

I haven't heard such eloquent speech in many years!

Short

Ahoy, U301... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Is all wrapped up in that wet mess of a noodle. I have an artistic penchant, can be very analytical in part with it, as I have been found that I can think spatially, fancy term for thinking in 3D. :yep:

Where I got this from, & from what side of the family.. who knows. Some times, it comes in handy, though have had times where.. let's just say it's caused grief, as well. Sadly, is some who don't appreciate My talents or someone like Me that does... haven't been able to suss that equation out. *shrugs* I've since racked it up, to each their own, rather than make Myself crazy trying to figure out why.

Any way, don't want it thought of, as derailing the original intent of the thread... so will close on that.

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

U301 05-04-21 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2745948)
Any way, don't want it thought of, as derailing the original intent of the thread... so will close on that.

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
:Kaleun_Salute:

So sei es!
:Kaleun_Cheers:
KUrtz

big_pharma 05-07-21 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 4306

Just noticed this - in the Type IXC, you can see the crewmen within the 3D model. Seems that there are section of the model missing?

FUBAR295 05-07-21 07:41 PM

It's the Bernard open berthing method. :D Saves on materials and the crew gets to stay extra clean (auto wash) on long patrols. :up:

But seriously, the model is complete, I just ignore it as I almost always never see the CoD standing there. I do not think much can be done otherwise, but could be wrong.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Niume 05-08-21 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2746618)
It's the Bernard open berthing method. :D Saves on materials and the crew gets to stay extra clean (auto wash) on long patrols. :up:

But seriously, the model is complete, I just ignore it as I almost always never see the CoD standing there. I do not think much can be done otherwise, but could be wrong.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295


I am no modder, but i have seen on silent editor IRC that you can make materials invisible underwater, so would it be possible to move the crew lower into the water and tick option that makes invisible underwater?

John Pancoast 05-08-21 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2745537)
Leigh light appeared only in 1942 January.
The first attack to use the Leigh Light came on 4 June 1942. The Italian submarine Luigi Torelli was crossing the Bay of Biscay on its way from La Pallice to the West Indies.






But I encounter them in 1941 March. I don't think its very realistic.

Easy fix. As Anvar said, simply make the light available at any date you wish. You can find the light in the plane's .eqp file.
Copy that file, delete the light from it, and use it until the date desired for the light to appear.
Put the .eqp file with the light in a SH3 date folder or make a mod for JSGME and add it at the date desired.
The same can be done to replicate the end of u-boats carrying topside torpedoes in 5/43, via the sub files.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2024 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.