SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

LcSummers 02-05-11 05:40 AM

CTD
 
Hi ZW,

what about

The fourth soviet mission (Shim recon) causes me a CTD.
Sometimes some missions too but with clearing cache everything is ok!!!

Run Time error.


Any suggestions, maybe some corrupt files.


A special question (as always). Is it maybe possible to have some tanks with broken tracks and seeing the crew bailing out?

What i mean, there were never enough Tiger I tanks. Tanks with broken tracks were secured in the heat of the battle and repaired. From this point of view is it possible to make a mission?
You know Wittman lost his tank in the Normandy campaign (broken track after a 6 pounder hit it) but managed to call support and found his tank later. Its only an idea, nothing more.

Cheers

LC

jaggy 02-05-11 07:56 AM

Hi ZeeWolf

Thanks for your reply. I've given up on the original German Mission 6 as I had several CTDs to game bugs. I've decided its time to try out your German Mission 6 and the X'mas mod.

Just some quick questions. Can I install both your German Mission 6 mod and the Xmas mod at the same time ie. will either of these mods conflict with each other? Or should I install your German Mission 6 mod first, play it till the end and then install the Xmas mod?

Should I drag-and-drop your German Mission 6 mod into the root directory of Tvt or the "missions" sub-folder? Thanks in advance for all your help.

ZeeWolf 02-05-11 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggy (Post 1591077)
Hi ZeeWolf

Thanks for your reply. I've given up on the original German Mission 6 as I had several CTDs to game bugs. I've decided its time to try out your German Mission 6 and the X'mas mod.

Just some quick questions. Can I install both your German Mission 6 mod and the Xmas mod at the same time ie. will either of these mods conflict with each other? Or should I install your German Mission 6 mod first, play it till the end and then install the Xmas mod?

Should I drag-and-drop your German Mission 6 mod into the root directory of Tvt or the "missions" sub-folder? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi jaggy

No. the default German mission 6 is overwritten (to many bugs) ;)

http://www.tanksimzw.com/dl.htm

VOR! :salute:

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 02-05-11 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1591005)
thanks Zee:D:yeah:

aucun camarade de problème :up:

ZW

ZeeWolf 02-05-11 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi69 (Post 1591007)
Ok .....

Buone notizie compagno :woot:

ZW

ZeeWolf 02-05-11 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1591034)
Hi ZW,

what about

The fourth soviet mission (Shim recon) causes me a CTD.
Sometimes some missions too but with clearing cache everything is ok!!!

Run Time error.


Any suggestions, maybe some corrupt files.


A special question (as always). Is it maybe possible to have some tanks with broken tracks and seeing the crew bailing out?

What i mean, there were never enough Tiger I tanks. Tanks with broken tracks were secured in the heat of the battle and repaired. From this point of view is it possible to make a mission?
You know Wittman lost his tank in the Normandy campaign (broken track after a 6 pounder hit it) but managed to call support and found his tank later. Its only an idea, nothing more.

Cheers

LC

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/OK_LC.jpg


ZW

ZeeWolf 02-05-11 02:15 PM

Ok LC,


The fourth soviet mission (Shim recon) is a cache issue. If you clear
the cache before playing it your good to go.

VOR! :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 02-05-11 02:51 PM

HI ZW,

yeap you re right

thanks:salute:

LcSummers 02-05-11 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1591235]http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/OK_LC.jpg

Hi again,

you are really fantastic. This is one of my favorite picture, i must say its much better than the new Tiger I E. Hopefully you can implement it into the game and make it playable:haha:


GREAT!!!


LC

Knightspel 02-06-11 08:18 AM

Got the new update and everything seems to work correctly so far, great! :woot: I don't have new computer yet so i can't say anything about Zitadelle
missions but i like new default missions a lot. Tiger has still speeding issue/too much power but hopefully these will be fixed in 2011...?
:salute:

ZeeWolf 02-06-11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 1591654)
Got the new update and everything seems to work correctly so far, great! :woot: I don't have new computer yet so i can't say anything about Zitadelle
missions but i like new default missions a lot. Tiger has still speeding issue/too much power but hopefully these will be fixed in 2011...?
:salute:

Hi Knightspel,
Yes this is strange to have a release that works well with out a week filled
with pandemonium and "Awe S**t!" :oops:

I do think that it is a good idea (maybe) to slow down the German AI Tigers.
But I enjoy the low gear power to plow through the tress in my Tiger :DL

ATB :salute:

ZW

Knightspel 02-06-11 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1591802)
Hi Knightspel,
Yes this is strange to have a release that works well with out a week filled
with pandemonium and "Awe S**t!" :oops:

I do think that it is a good idea (maybe) to slow down the German AI Tigers.
But I enjoy the low gear power to plow through the tress in my Tiger :DL

ATB :salute:

ZW

Well AI tigers aren't that much problem, it just feel bit too much like "uber-tank" when i can drive 60km/h in cross roads when in reality
tigers could barely hit 40km/h's in hard roads...also i can switch 1 to 8 gear in uphill without fear of stalling the engine. To be honest it's not big issue but i'm just after full realism, hope you understand my point. :salute:

(Note to self: start saving money to renew project zeewolf contract)

ZeeWolf 02-06-11 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 1591809)
Well AI tigers aren't that much problem, it just feel bit too much like "uber-tank" when i can drive 60km/h in cross roads when in reality
tigers could barely hit 40km/h's in hard roads...also i can switch 1 to 8 gear in uphill without fear of stalling the engine. To be honest it's not big issue but i'm just after full realism, hope you understand my point. :salute:

(Note to self: start saving money to renew project zeewolf contract)

Well I do understand your point, but I would hope you can see that a change in to a higher
gear then 5 (16Kph/10MPH) is for me very rare. Forth gear is the most used for me in cruse
speed (12Kph/7.5MPH) and I seriously doubt:hmmm: that a well trained and an truly experienced driver
would go higher than 5th gear over dirt roads.
So, for realism you must include realistic driving behavior as well too. :yep:


ZeeWolf :salute:

flying-kane 02-06-11 04:18 PM

Suggestions
 
Hi TvT addicts!!! :rotfl2:

First, I'm proud to be a member of this great community!
The mod is outstanding and brings TvT to a new level!
It runs stable and without CTD, only some performance issues for me.

Here are some suggestions and enhancements from myself to make TvT more perfect:

1. Useless hull MG, its necessary for infantry! Is there a chance to implement this? Automatic fire when hostile infantry enters LOF, for example.

2. Penetrationmodel of TvT, especially the 76mm cannon.
T-34/76 and ZiS3 pak penetrate my Tiger in a front duel situation above 1000m.
-> That's impossible for normal AP, only with tungsten AP within 300m. I don't know, what's the ammo load of paks and T-34, do they have tungsten ammo?
At the moment, i fear 76mm cannons more than 85mm cannons!

3. Hanomag 251, name it Sd.Kfz. 251, in german: "Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251". It would be nice to see a driver someday :DL.

4. Tiger model (player tank), is it the early or middle production one? Why i ask? All the new AI tigers have "Feifel Luftfilter" (Airfilter). I miss these on the player tank!

5. Some skirts for the PanzerIII and IV.

I hope my english isn't that bad.

Sincerely Kane

ZeeWolf 02-06-11 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flying-kane (Post 1591925)
Hi TvT addicts!!! :rotfl2:

First, I'm proud to be a member of this great community!
The mod is outstanding and brings TvT to a new level!
It runs stable and without CTD, only some performance issues for me.

Here are some suggestions and enhancements from myself to make TvT more perfect:

1. Useless hull MG, its necessary for infantry! Is there a chance to implement this? Automatic fire when hostile infantry enters LOF, for example.

2. Penetrationmodel of TvT, especially the 76mm cannon.
T-34/76 and ZiS3 pak penetrate my Tiger in a front duel situation above 1000m.
-> That's impossible for normal AP, only with tungsten AP within 300m. I don't know, what's the ammo load of paks and T-34, do they have tungsten ammo?
At the moment, i fear 76mm cannons more than 85mm cannons!

3. Hanomag 251, name it Sd.Kfz. 251, in german: "Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251". It would be nice to see a driver someday :DL.

4. Tiger model (player tank), is it the early or middle production one? Why i ask? All the new AI tigers have "Feifel Luftfilter" (Airfilter). I miss these on the player tank!

5. Some skirts for the PanzerIII and IV.

I hope my english isn't that bad.

Sincerely Kane

Coming up man! :DL

I hear you loud and clear and all these will be addressed soon Kamerad :up:

ZW :salute:

Knightspel 02-07-11 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1591875)
Well I do understand your point, but I would hope you can see that a change in to a higher
gear then 5 (16Kph/10MPH) is for me very rare. Forth gear is the most used for me in cruse
speed (12Kph/7.5MPH) and I seriously doubt:hmmm: that a well trained and an truly experienced driver
would go higher than 5th gear over dirt roads.
So, for realism you must include realistic driving behavior as well too. :yep:


ZW :salute:

Yes. I do drive same way as you, trying to keep speed etc. as real as possible. But i also play flight sims like il2 and i would not like it if my messerschimtt could reach unrealistic speeds. I think it's the machines wich should set limits and we need lo live with them, not other way round.
Is it hard to change gear ratios/engine power or whatever cause unrealistic top speed?
I don't mean to be pain in the ass, i know you have lot's of other work to do with game...

ZeeWolf 02-07-11 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 1592393)
Yes. I do drive same way as you, trying to keep speed etc. as real as possible. But i also play flight sims like il2 and i would not like it if my messerschimtt could reach unrealistic speeds. I think it's the machines wich should set limits and we need lo live with them, not other way round.
Is it hard to change gear ratios/engine power or whatever cause unrealistic top speed?
I don't mean to be pain in the ass, i know you have lot's of other work to do with game...

I understand concern, and agree. Let me put something together for you.
I will e-mail my results to you to try out, but I need you feed back on the
changes.:up:

ZW

Knightspel 02-07-11 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1592484)
I understand concern, and agree. Let me put something together for you.
I will e-mail my results to you to try out, but I need you feed back on the
changes.:up:

ZW

Grreat, that's what i call customer care :yeah: Thank you.

ZeeWolf 02-07-11 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightspel (Post 1592490)
Grreat, that's what i call customer care :yeah: Thank you.

Ok I got something for you to try already as soon as I find your e-mail address
it's coming your way :up:

ZeeWolf

PS:Check your PM

Knightspel 02-08-11 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1592499)
Ok I got something for you to try already as soon as I find your e-mail address
it's coming your way :up:

ZeeWolf

PS:Check your PM

Got it! Tiger is now much more like it's should be in my opinion,
heavy and slow beast! Top speed in cross roads is now 26km/h
wich i think is pretty realistic in those conditions. :up:
Are you going to include this in the next update or is this special file for whiners only? :haha:
Anyway, thank you for fast response to my request :salute:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2024 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.