SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Firefox issue with this forum! Help! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180859)

Herr-Berbunch 03-01-11 11:29 AM

Firefox issue with this forum! Help!

Hey guys and Frau - I can no longer click the Quick Links tab and get a drop down list from where I'd usually select my Subscribed threads. The page refreshes and both the Search and Quick Links disappear and get replaced with Mark Forums Read and Open Contacts Popup (which do work) Nor can I pick an emoticon or add a picture! [insert sad face here!] I haven't changed any settings on this site, or in Firefox (3.6.13), and I've run scans with McAfee Enterprise Edition, Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware which all resulted in nothing being found. I've just tried with IE8 and it all seems to work as advertised but I really am a Firefox fan! Please, somebody, help! Edit: and now to top it all off it's put all this in one big paragraph. I've checked my editing settings and I'm on Enhanced WYSIWYG, not basic or standard...

Feuer Frei! 03-01-11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1609615)
Hey guys and Frau - I can no longer click the Quick Links tab and get a drop down list from where I'd usually select my Subscribed threads. The page refreshes and both the Search and Quick Links disappear and get replaced with Mark Forums Read and Open Contacts Popup (which do work) Nor can I pick an emoticon or add a picture! [insert sad face here!] I haven't changed any settings on this site, or in Firefox (3.6.13), and I've run scans with McAfee Enterprise Edition, Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware which all resulted in nothing being found. I've just tried with IE8 and it all seems to work as advertised but I really am a Firefox fan! Please, somebody, help! Edit: and now to top it all off it's put all this in one big paragraph. I've checked my editing settings and I'm on Enhanced WYSIWYG, not basic or standard...

By Quick links tab you mean bookmarks dropdown?

Could be a previous session hasn't been shut down properly.
try this:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...er%20upgrading

Gerald 03-01-11 11:43 AM

Have you recently installed any programs, which did enter any tool box or similar :hmmm:

Herr-Berbunch 03-01-11 11:57 AM

@Vendor The only thing I've downloaded/added recently is Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, which also includes SQL Server 2008. @FF Along the bar across, just below the thread title/make a donation are UserCP Downloads(Now Open!) FAQ&Rules Community Calendar NewPosts Search QuickLinks LogOut.

Feuer Frei! 03-01-11 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1609634)
@FF Along the bar across, just below the thread title/make a donation are UserCP Downloads(Now Open!) FAQ&Rules Community Calendar NewPosts Search QuickLinks LogOut.

Ah yea, ofc, understand now.
Well mine is working fine here, using firefox.
Quicklinks option working fine too.
Have you followed advice in my previous post?
Also what addons do you have installed?
In particular any script-controlling addons?

Herr-Berbunch 03-03-11 09:14 AM

Installed latest FF4 beta and all is well in the world :D

Gerald 03-03-11 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1611149)

Good news, :DL

papa_smurf 03-08-11 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1611149)

Same here, been running beta since it came out and loving it.

Herr-Berbunch 03-08-11 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_smurf (Post 1614707)
Same here, been running beta since it came out and loving it.

I had betas 2-4 (or 5?) but then had some major issues so went back to FF3.6. I'm loving the latest 4 beta though.