SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

pedromarques 02-19-10 01:51 PM

:woot:

March is getting closer...

tomkiNov 03-05-10 07:37 AM

MARCH

:salute: March !!

seems a great work ZW !

ZeeWolf 03-05-10 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomkiNov (Post 1295186)
:salute: March !!

seems a great work ZW !

:har: Thanks!

ZW

ZeeWolf 03-06-10 11:19 PM

Sad News Kameraden

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkwarrior (Post 1204555)
Hey zeewolf,

What a coincidence, we have been doing the same (me, Murkz and others).
Let's join forces on this.
You are dutch by any chance ?

Monk.

I just found out today that on Feb. 23, 2010 Monkwarrior passed away from
cancer.
My God rest his soul,
ZeeWolf

uk-recce 03-07-10 04:27 PM

Cancer is a terrible disease that touches and takes far to many of us.
S. Monkwarrior

WolfAngriff 03-11-10 10:25 PM

oops

Sorry for the time lost, but I've had a lot to do. Yes, it is the Fibel 1943 issue I have, so nothing new. I can send you a copy, just tell me how. I've looked in all the documentation I've got, but nothing else very interresting about Tigers or T34. Perhaps something about the tactical formations on battlefield. I've noted that the panzers don't respect the security distances between themselves, but it is surely excessive. The other thing that is not verry correct in the game is that the panzers drive one behind the other. I think that Herr Oberst will have a heart-attack if he sees that ! :) Ok ok, it's only a game !
Something else, perhaps already seen in the forum, so sorry if, but the most frustrating (is it the good word ?) in the game is that we can't command the other tanks, or receive messages, in one player mode. Why did'nt they think about ? We could do that in an old game like Panzer Front, so why not here ?

frinik 03-12-10 12:14 AM

interface

WolfAngriff, TvsT is a multiPlayer game fiorst and foremost.It was never intended to be SP.The 12 existing stock misisons are merely for training so the player could get the hang of both tanks controls and then move on to the MP which was the game's bread and butter.This is why the SP missions are ridiculously buggy and not well polished.This is also why there is no command interface as exists in other sims like Panzer Elite, Steel Fury(in a limited fashion) or Panzer Front.Those games are mostly SP or at least mixed (as for PE).

Zee Wolf is modding the game and giving birth/spawning a wonderful new SP mod which will make TsvT into a real SP sim.It's not impossible in the near future that he may turn his attention to the interface part in order for the player to be able to truly command his wingmen.Like you I would be happy to have some degree of control over the AI because it tends to act dumbly(running around in circle or dancing the twist), rashly( rampaging rambos) and is very unpredictable.

However this will have to wait until after the Kursk mod is released.Meanwhile at least ZW has markedly improved the AI behaviour and everybody who bought into his mod can enjoy it and those who didn't well can sample the freebies he released....

WolfAngriff 03-12-10 06:02 AM

ok ok

All right Frinik. For the time, my connexion is too weak to support MP games, and in fact, the times I've played Multiplayer (CFS 2, HoI, Il2...)were not good experiences. People I've found there seemed to have a very little brain :O: ! But it's true, as you see in my posts, that I'm a little bit too "historic" in my points of view. Surely because of where I'm from. I've had the chance that five (!) generations were still alive in my family when I was born, and they died old. So they could tell me what happened in northern France during WWI and WWII, and even memories of 1870. And I've read a lot !!!
I hope, in other threads, to find people who would like to debate about history. There are very interesting american studies, but translations don't come quick. But for now, I'm looking in my books fot things interesting for this game. So much dust !:D

See you.

frinik 03-12-10 08:25 AM

Debate

WolfAngriff you can debate history here or on any other thread there is no censorship or impediment as far as I know.

As to the American studies you are talking about what do they talk about?
Incidentally I come form Europe too and every part of Europe has been time and time again ravaged, conquered, invaded, looted, occupied, freed, partitioned etc.Europe is one vast battlefield and has been for the last 2000 years or more.

Lazarus905 03-15-10 01:51 PM

I cant get on your website, my anti-virus flags it as a dangerous site and wont let me on it.

So I disabled my antivirus web protection and went on anyways. Avast cough over 40 viruses, including several root-kits and Trojans. Whats up with that eh? I don't quite trust you all that much right now.

ZeeWolf 03-15-10 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus905 (Post 1317168)
I cant get on your website, my anti-virus flags it as a dangerous site and wont let me on it.

So I disabled my antivirus web protection and went on anyways. Avast cough over 40 viruses, including several root-kits and Trojans. Whats up with that eh? I don't quite trust you all that much right now.

Thanks for the heads up but there are no PC viruses or trojans on my site
The small delete cash utility I have recently learned flags some virus scanners but the file "DeleteCache" is clean. I make sure to scan all files uploaded to my site so I am sure they are safe. I understand about trusting someone you have never met especially on the net however my entire relationship with the Tank Simulation community is based on trust.
So anything that would undermine that foundation would bring me severer harm and I am dedicated to building a long term, good reputation. And
of course that takes work with the addition of going the extra mile. In
other words I will do what it takes.

Sincerely,

ZeeWolf

Oh, BTW Lazarus is one of my favorite men of the Bible. After being
raised from the dead, he was the only one that "they" plotted (on oath)
to murder along with Jesus.

frinik 03-16-10 02:11 AM

Antivirus?

Lazarus 905, I am a Zee Wolf club member and I have been on his various sites many times and never once did my antivirus report any trojan or malware.There are 26 members in his club and Zw's website has been visited by hundreds or people.Nobody - except for you it seems - has ever reported any problems.

I think your mistrust in ZW is totally misplaced ; may be it's your antivirus that you should distrust?????

Chucky 03-16-10 03:45 AM

Guys,I have just visited ZW's site and I too am getting threat warnings.I never have done before.:-?
I use AVG (paid version) and this is what it is telling me.Maybe this will help.
Quote:

The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

URL: zhaopin-com.msn.com.sonico-com.myownage.ru:8080/addthis.com/addthis.com/azet.sk/google.com/mozilla.org.php
Name: Link to known exploit site (type 750
Now this may be an over-zealous AVG I don't know.It's not un-common to get false reports with anti-virus software etc.
As I said,I have visited many times before and never had any problems.
I have complete faith in ZeeWolf.I don't often hand over money to people I meet on forums but this guy is an exception.

Chucky.

frinik 03-16-10 04:42 AM

Antivirus

Chucky, ZW , I tried accessing ZW's website from my 3 laptops, each using a different antivirus(AVG the free, basic version, Pandacloud and Norton).I received no virus alert or no warning or any kind. I suspect it's your AV which are being overzealous.Still let's wait and see fio others have reported a similar problem.

Could it be that somebody tried to access ZW's website to hack it or infect it?

Likewise I don't normally hand over money to just anybody and I gladly paid Zee Wolf because I was convinced that he is a straight and honest man.

Chucky 03-16-10 04:57 AM

As you say Frinik,it may well be a false result.I am also occasionally getting a similar threat from a commercial gaming web-site I use frequently.This is only since I used the paid version of AVG.

frinik 03-16-10 06:53 AM

AVG

Chucky, my wife does not like AVG because she says that if often rejects downloads as potential threats.She says it tends to overreact.

Have you been using that AV for long or is it recent since you converted your OS to Win 7?

Chucky 03-16-10 08:48 AM

I've always used the AVG free edition for as long as I can remember,but I bought a licence about 6 months ago.

Just out of interest I booted to my XP drive which has the free edition AVG on it and I still got a hit on ZW's site :-?

Anyway,I am sure he will have a look at that message I posted and see what's what.

Chucky.

ZeeWolf 03-16-10 11:39 AM

Don't worry guys I'm not exploiting yah! :salute:

ZW

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot420.jpg
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot426.jpg
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot421.jpg

Hammer_757 03-16-10 12:45 PM

I use AVG and have no problems. I downloaded and installed the Christmas present last night for the first time and had no problems running it. There are two things that need to be disable in AVG though. Unfortunately I'm at work (on a break of course) and cannot remember th names but there are surf protection type items. they block allot of applications so I keep them disabled. Ill post the details when I get home today.

Good Luck

Hammer_757 03-16-10 05:00 PM

The AVG items to disable are "Link Scanner" and "Online Shield"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer_757 (Post 1318874)
I use AVG and have no problems. I downloaded and installed the Christmas present last night for the first time and had no problems running it. There are two things that need to be disable in AVG though. Unfortunately I'm at work (on a break of course) and cannot remember th names but there are surf protection type items. they block allot of applications so I keep them disabled. Ill post the details when I get home today.

Good Luck